Did You Ever Notice the Asterisk on Your Social Security Statement?

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
ran across this. In case people didn't know

SNIP:
While engaging in the mundane task of gathering financial statements for a “secure retirement” meeting with my husband’s and my adviser, this Baby Boomer stumbled upon documented proof that our nation does not have the guts to confront one of its most serious economic problems.

The realization came when I pulled from my files a document statement innocently titled, “Your Social Security Statement.” At first glance, the statement did not appear menacing. I was told I could expect to receive a benefit of “about $2,136 a month” upon reaching age 70 — which certainly seems like good news.

But immediately I thought of a parallel of President Obama’s infamous Obamacare promise: “If you like your Social Security, you can keep your Social Security.” Then, as if on cue, I saw an asterisk with the following message: The law governing benefit amounts may change because, by 2033, the payroll taxes collected will be enough to pay only about 77 percent of scheduled benefits. My full form: I could not believe I was seeing the equivalent of what I was just thinking, but with a new twist, “If I like my Social Security, I can keep 77 percent of it.”

pic_2015block.jpg

With an asterisk, my beloved government was informing me that they will be unable to fulfill their part of a financial arrangement into which, as their statement attested, I had been making mandatory contributions starting in 1971 at age 16.

ALL of it here
Read more at: Social Security Bankruptcy -- The Government Knows It s Coming National Review Online

LOL. So, youngster, you are worried about getting your SS? Sheesh, what you need to do is vote in a 'Conservative' like Walker, and then no worries. Because he will arrange it so there is no SS. After all, the 'Conservative' branch of the GOP has been trying to do that ever since FDR.

Social Security can be killed with the stroke of a pen. It won't be, of course, but it can be, and yes, it will eventually need more money or have to pay out lower benefits.

SNIP:
While engaging in the mundane task of gathering financial statements for a “secure retirement” meeting with my husband’s and my adviser, this Baby Boomer stumbled upon documented proof that our nation does not have the guts to confront one of its most serious economic problems.

The realization came when I pulled from my files a document statement innocently titled, “Your Social Security Statement.” At first glance, the statement did not appear menacing. I was told I could expect to receive a benefit of “about $2,136 a month” upon reaching age 70 — which certainly seems like good news.

But immediately I thought of a parallel of President Obama’s infamous Obamacare promise: “If you like your Social Security, you can keep your Social Security.” Then, as if on cue, I saw an asterisk with the following message: The law governing benefit amounts may change because, by 2033, the payroll taxes collected will be enough to pay only about 77 percent of scheduled benefits. My full form: I could not believe I was seeing the equivalent of what I was just thinking, but with a new twist, “If I like my Social Security, I can keep 77 percent of it.”

pic_2015block.jpg

With an asterisk, my beloved government was informing me that they will be unable to fulfill their part of a financial arrangement into which, as their statement attested, I had been making mandatory contributions starting in 1971 at age 16.

ALL of it here
Read more at: Social Security Bankruptcy -- The Government Knows It s Coming National Review Online
Hope you make it steph , my 1st wife a cousin and a few friends died around 44 years old and no one got there S.S. money they paid into the system all there lives....

The government took it all to redistribute , a ponzi scheme .

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here
Hope you make it steph , my 1st wife a cousin and a few friends died around 44 years old and no one got there S.S. money they paid into the system all there lives....

so far so good for me. only 60 now though so who knows

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

10 years behind you and I want to make it to the goal line, just to piss off FDR in his grave :)

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

10 years behind you and I want to make it to the goal line, just to piss off FDR in his grave :)

lol. I never wanted to get older. Piss and moan about it all the time. but with this SS . I'm like hurry hurry, just so I give it to this government and get what I've paid into it all these years

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

lol. I never wanted to get older. Piss and moan about it all the time. but with this SS . I'm like hurry hurry, just so I give it to this government and get what I've paid into it all these years
Its funny steph, but I also agree at the same time. Were forced to pay into it, so we want it.

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

Its funny steph, but I also agree at the same time. Were forced to pay into it, so we want it.

Damn right I do. I've paid into it for 45 years of my blood, sweat and tears (so far as I'm still working probably will be until I'm 90 at the rate SS is going). and they were NEVER shy of taking it. that is MY MONIES and I want it back

I want to know why giants like GE and Boeing need it for?

You have to ask them. My only concern is if they pay back the loans. As long as they do, they could throw parties for their CEOs for all I care.

Damn right I do. I've paid into it for 45 years of my blood, sweat and tears (so far as I'm still working probably will be until I'm 90 at the rate SS is going). and they were NEVER shy of taking it. that is MY MONIES and I want it back
Yup you and your employer paid into it, by force you deserve every penny back because you or your employer never got interest off of it only the US government.

Hope you live to 100 years old steph, just to piss these liberals off on here :)

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

Yes they rob from it and it comes up every election, its a talking point. Time to quit our foreign aid then.

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

Yes they rob from it and it comes up every election, its a talking point. Time to quit our foreign aid then.

that's one solution I suppose. good one dear, but don't see that happening anytime soon

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

you know penolpe , what fascinates me is China buys a bunch of our bonds and we turn it around and give the money to country's they hate.

Its so damn weird.

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

To bad, every republican signed Norquist pledge to bankrupt the government. They borrowed all your SS & Medicare payments for rich corporate tax cuts & wars instead of investing it or buying stock.

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

To bad, every republican signed Norquist pledge to bankrupt the government. They borrowed all your SS & Medicare payments for rich corporate tax cuts & wars instead of investing it or buying stock.

and the Democrats didn't have a hand in ANY of it. we know the drill dear:eusa_whistle:

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

SS is set to runout in 2037.

If Hillary gets elected....your best bet is to apply immediately....because it will be bankrupt by the end of her first term.

SNIP:

pic_2015block.jpg

ALL of it here

why didn't you name the democrat president?

Cat got your tounge?

Forum List

Back