Did Sheriff Lumpdick ignore previous threats made by Loughner?

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
And, he thinks the Chinese were behind Loughner!

Megyn Kelly Debates Arizona Sheriff | Political Rhetoric | Mediaite

…when millions of dollars are filtered into this country to buy very vitriolic ads, and they don’t have to identified, the countries that they’re coming from or the people who are donating them…

Jared Loughner is a product of Sheriff Dupnik’s office The Cholla Jumps

Jared Loughner has been making death threats by phone to many people in Pima County including staff of Pima Community College, radio personalities and local bloggers. When Pima County Sheriff’s Office was informed, his deputies assured the victims that he was being well managed by the mental health system. It was also suggested that further pressing of charges would be unnecessary and probably cause more problems than it solved as Jared Loughner has a family member that works for Pima County.

Granny says dey oughta hang him seven times - one fer each murder...
:cool:
Newly released Jared Lee Loughner files reveal chilling details
March 27, 2013 - After every mass shooting, the same question is asked: Did anyone see it coming?
On Wednesday, for the first time, CBS News learned what the family of Jared Loughner saw in the months before he attempted to assassinate Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords. Loughner is serving life for shooting Giffords and 18 others as she was meeting with constituents in Tucson. Six of them died. Investigators released documents that give us the clearest look yet into the mind of a killer. In the minutes after the shooting, while many of the victims were still being treated, Jared Lee Loughner calmly told police, "I just want you to know that I'm the only person that knew about this."

He refused to answer questions and asked "to plead the Fifth." In searching Loughner, officers found he was wearing earplugs and carrying two loaded ammunition magazines in his left front pocket. The details come from more than 2,700 pages of newly released police files, which include pictures of Loughner's 9mm Glock, witness statements and transcripts of 911 calls. "There are multiple shot," a caller says. "Okay, oh my God," the dispatcher responds.

Interviews with Loughner's parents revealed they were deeply concerned about their son's increasingly angry and erratic behavior. His mother, Amy Loughner, said he no longer used alcohol and had tested negative for drugs. "My concern was like, meth or something ... because his behavior and his, was, um, odd," she said in one of the interviews. Randy Loughner said he was so concerned, he took away Jared's shotgun and often disabled Jared's car at night to prevent him from leaving the house.

Just hours before the shooting, Randy Loughner said he tried to confront his son. "He came in and I wanted to talk to him. And he took off," he said. He was carrying a backpack. Witness interviews document repeated horror stories and a chaotic shooting scene. Giffords' intern Daniel Hernandez told police he began treating the congresswoman. "She was conscious," Hernandez said. "Her breathing started getting shallower." In an interview this afternoon, Hernandez remembered trying to keep her alive. "I was trying to keep Gabby calm, talking to her, giving her instructions to squeeze my hand ... I was talking about her responding to commands and trying to listen to what I was saying."

And one of the most chilling pieces of evidence is a voicemail, first played by "60 Minutes" in January 2011. At 2 a.m., eight hours before the shooting, Loughner left this message for a friend he'd not spoken to in nearly a year: "Hey. Hey, it's Jared. I just want to tell you good times. Peace out. Later." The papers also reveal Loughner did not seek mental health treatment. When he was expelled from college, his parents were urged to have him evaluated, but they never followed up.

Newly released Jared Lee Loughner files reveal chilling details - CBS News

But....they say the government doesnt 'protect us'. So how can the sheriff be blamed for not protecting us?

That said....this is a tricky one. It does sound on paper like there was prior warning. BUT, what the media doesnt cover is this fact: Wild threats from insane people are daily norms at police departments. People have NO CLUE just how many whackos are out there roaming the streets. We basically abolished the idea of mental institutes. Society hasn't gotten crazier; Our crazy is just now roaming the streets rather than the halls of an institution. Thank liberals for being morally against that; Thank conservatives for being fiscally against that. But we, combined, all contributed at fault for that.

So, while this individual crazy man's threats sound alarming and like they failed, for every 1 nut who goes on a shooting spree, there are thousands more that your local PD or sheriff's office are aware of, and they legally can do very little about it. They would be overwhelmed if they tried to handle every crazy person who they all say "Yep, thats the type of nut who would shoot a school up". There are so many, and thankfully, the majority never fulfill their threats. But how can they know which ones are real and not, and how could they possibly respond to all of them?

We need the mental institutions to come back. Thats why society seems crazier. Simply because our crazy is out on the streets now.

But....they say the government doesnt 'protect us'. So how can the sheriff be blamed for not protecting us?

That said....this is a tricky one. It does sound on paper like there was prior warning. BUT, what the media doesnt cover is this fact: Wild threats from insane people are daily norms at police departments. People have NO CLUE just how many whackos are out there roaming the streets. We basically abolished the idea of mental institutes. Society hasn't gotten crazier; Our crazy is just now roaming the streets rather than the halls of an institution. Thank liberals for being morally against that; Thank conservatives for being fiscally against that. But we, combined, all contributed at fault for that.

So, while this individual crazy man's threats sound alarming and like they failed, for every 1 nut who goes on a shooting spree, there are thousands more that your local PD or sheriff's office are aware of, and they legally can do very little about it. They would be overwhelmed if they tried to handle every crazy person who they all say "Yep, thats the type of nut who would shoot a school up". There are so many, and thankfully, the majority never fulfill their threats. But how can they know which ones are real and not, and how could they possibly respond to all of them?

We need the mental institutions to come back. Thats why society seems crazier. Simply because our crazy is out on the streets now.

Dude, I've been off work for almost two weeks now and can't wait to go back. People are FUCKED!!!! I swear to Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, if I hear one more person talking to themselves in a grocery store, or see one more dirtbag family where their combined weight would sink the fuckin' Titanic, I might check in myself!!!!

Forum List

Back