The Killer Behind Gabby Giffords

So now I'm carrying a 1,000,000 volt stun-gun flashlight. It looks like an ordinary flashlight! So my move is to take off my cap, wag it in front of the attacking dog and if/when he grabs ahold of it, I give it an afro. If his owner attacks, I give him one too. So I leave them both laying there, no longer a threat, not dead, and myself in no legal jeopardy.

When I bike, walk, hike, etc. I carry a can of very strong Pepper Spray from Fox Labs. This is in addition to my gun, but I prefer not to draw that ever. The Pepper Spray should stop a dog, and that is primarily why I carry it. Dogs instinct is to chase moving objects. I'd rather not kill the dog, so Pepper Spray is a good, non lethal way of stopping from getting bitten, Rabies, etc. Dogs can really, really hurt you.

What courage.....? The democrat party is all for banning guns......what courage does it take to promote the majority opinion of your own political party that is supported by hollywood, the democrat news organizations and left wing academics...

You want to see real courage.....have her come out in favor of banning abortions...see how far she gets with that...

I'll begin by saying I have nothing against Mark Kelly's past or his love for wife Gabby Giffords. What I do have a problem with is his increasingly vicious attacks on the 2nd Amendment, the NRA, and support for the Soros financed Parkland shooting kids like little David Hoggwash. Kelly's past as an astronaut is always mentioned but not his combat missions in Desert Storm. Kelly knows all about "gun violence" having flown 39 combat sorties in an A-6 Intruder. No pilot wants to mention or think about the "innocent bystanders" his ordnance killed, nor should they. But let's get real here....Kelly knows what he's responsible for and so should people listening to him about taking firearms away from law-abiding Americans. If Gabby Giffords had ONE Tucson police officer assigned to her campaign appearance that day, or ONE Pima County Sheriffs deputy, Jared Loughner would have been shot dead before he commenced his killing spree. Both those departments were run by democrat appeasers and blame-shifted for weeks after the incident. For that matter, where was Kelly that Saturday morning ? A U.S. House of Representatives member appearing without security a hundred miles from the Mexican border was pure lunacy....and yet she did. We all prayed for Gabby to make a full recovery and she's mostly succeeded. But that doesn't excuse Mark Kelly using the travesty that happened to his wife, from making a new, and totally hypocritical career out it.

130411-gabby-giffords-mark-kelly-630p.grid-6x3.jpg

Mark Kelly - Wikipedia
Kelly is looking for background checks and sensible gun controls that most Americans support

No...he wants universal background checks since we already have background checks for all gun purchases at gun stores.

The reason he wants universal background checks is to be able to demand universal gun registration.

Only uninformed Americans support universal background checks...if they knew that anti gunners want UBCs so they can get registration, they wouldn't support them.

Background check on EVERY purchase
Even if you sell to your son

Yes....so you can then demand gun registration and then confiscation.

I'll begin by saying I have nothing against Mark Kelly's past or his love for wife Gabby Giffords. What I do have a problem with is his increasingly vicious attacks on the 2nd Amendment, the NRA, and support for the Soros financed Parkland shooting kids like little David Hoggwash. Kelly's past as an astronaut is always mentioned but not his combat missions in Desert Storm. Kelly knows all about "gun violence" having flown 39 combat sorties in an A-6 Intruder. No pilot wants to mention or think about the "innocent bystanders" his ordnance killed, nor should they. But let's get real here....Kelly knows what he's responsible for and so should people listening to him about taking firearms away from law-abiding Americans. If Gabby Giffords had ONE Tucson police officer assigned to her campaign appearance that day, or ONE Pima County Sheriffs deputy, Jared Loughner would have been shot dead before he commenced his killing spree. Both those departments were run by democrat appeasers and blame-shifted for weeks after the incident. For that matter, where was Kelly that Saturday morning ? A U.S. House of Representatives member appearing without security a hundred miles from the Mexican border was pure lunacy....and yet she did. We all prayed for Gabby to make a full recovery and she's mostly succeeded. But that doesn't excuse Mark Kelly using the travesty that happened to his wife, from making a new, and totally hypocritical career out it.

Mark Kelly - Wikipedia
Kelly is looking for background checks and sensible gun controls that most Americans support

Background checks are as universal as can be.

"Sensible" is a term relative to the user.

Gabby Giffords shooter is the stereotype of the mass shooter we see today. His behavior was left unchecked. Take away his access to guns, assuming this is possible, and he’s driving a car through the town square, wielding a knife, or setting off pipe bombs.

Mark Kelly - Wikipedia

No...he wants universal background checks since we already have background checks for all gun purchases at gun stores.

The reason he wants universal background checks is to be able to demand universal gun registration.

Only uninformed Americans support universal background checks...if they knew that anti gunners want UBCs so they can get registration, they wouldn't support them.

Civilians do not have access to NICS.

Aside from that, how would you enforce it?

Americans for Responsible Solutions - Wikipedia

Americans for Responsible Solutions supports getting the names of everyone not allowed to buy a gun into the background check system, a mandatory background check for every gun purchase or transfer of possession, including between private citizens,[9] limiting domestic abusers' access to firearms,[10] stopping gun trafficking,[11]preventing the carrying of firearms in certain locations,[3] and maintaining silencers as a title II device.[12][13]

Seems reasonable

Mark Kelly - Wikipedia

Civilians do not have access to NICS.

Aside from that, how would you enforce it?
That can be fixed

I'm not sure why people always assume that if a person with a gun, or even a cop were present, they would have stopped these mass shooters.

The school resource officer in Texas was a retired Houston police officer and he got out shot by the 17 year old kid.

Threads like this show right wingers are just getting more pathetic and desperate by the day. You don't really think going after Gabby Gifford's husband is going to help your cause, do you?

I don't even want to quote the OP, it's one of the worst things I've read in quite sometime. There is so much that could be said and I find I just don't have the energy to go after each little detail, but the not blaming and then blaming her husband or that he thinks 100 miles north of the border is unsafe or that a deputy would have been able to stop the shooting even though Loughner gave no immediate sings anything was up until he started shooting and the first shots were aimed at Giffords herself....Ugh.

USMB is ugly, I don't know how this place did it but it represents the worst in politics, probably because it panders to it.

Mark Kelly - Wikipedia

Threads like this show right wingers are just getting more pathetic and desperate by the day. You don't really think going after Gabby Gifford's husband is going to help your cause, do you?
Because going after a Constitutional right is going to help yours ?

I don't even want to quote the OP, it's one of the worst things I've read in quite sometime. There is so much that could be said and I find I just don't have the energy to go after each little detail, but the not blaming and then blaming her husband or that he thinks 100 miles north of the border is unsafe or that a deputy would have been able to stop the shooting even though Loughner gave no immediate sings anything was up until he started shooting and the first shots were aimed at Giffords herself....Ugh.

USMB is ugly, I don't know how this place did it but it represents the worst in politics, probably because it panders to it.

You won't say your imaginary rebuttal because you don't have one, ya revolting pile of crap. You don't know anything about what happened that day, have any experience with armed security or firearms. Your whole experience at USMB is to be as vile and un-American as possible...your siggy says all anybody needs to know about you.

You won't say your imaginary rebuttal because you don't have one, ya revolting pile of crap. You don't know anything about what happened that day, have any experience with armed security or firearms. Your whole experience at USMB is to be as vile and un-American as possible...your siggy says all anybody needs to know about you.

I'm sorry, you just don't deserve a response from me, this is the best you're going to get.

Gabby Giffords shooter is the stereotype of the mass shooter we see today. His behavior was left unchecked. Take away his access to guns, assuming this is possible, and he’s driving a car through the town square, wielding a knife, or setting off pipe bombs.

He was also on prescription SSRI antidepressants, which, by the way, is the same thing nearly all mass shooters were on.

But it’s the guns fault, so says the left

Somehow, guns have been in the hands of law abiding citizens since 1791 and we did not begin having problems up until 1965 with the UTexas mass shooting. Look how many we have had and continue to have and the gun haters want to blame the means 100 percent and not the root cause: behavior that has not been held accountable or in check.

And you don't need a car that goes over 65mph. If you have one, I recommend they seize it from you without compensation. And if you don't give it up, you should go to prison for 100 years. Sound fair?

65 mph? No car needs to go over 30 miles an hour.....see how that works....slowly, inch by inch, the anti "whatevers" will restrict access to the things they hate....

No it doesn't work like that.

Tell that to smokers....

Not the same thing dumb ass.

The exact same thing....first it was smoking sections in Restaurants...now, you can't smoke in your own car if you have kids........inch by inch....

Where did you come up with that goofy claim?

Mark Kelly - Wikipedia

Nobody is going after your constitutional rights. The Supreme court already said regulation was not an infringement on the right to have guns.

Mark Kelly - Wikipedia

Nobody is going after your constitutional rights. The Supreme court already said regulation was not an infringement on the right to have guns.
If you regulate something you are infringing on my rights. The courts are wrong..

Mark Kelly - Wikipedia

If you regulate something you are infringing on my rights. The courts are wrong..

You be sure to let them know they are wrong. I'm sure they will change their minds as soon as they hear YOU disagree with them.

Somehow, guns have been in the hands of law abiding citizens since 1791 and we did not begin having problems up until 1965 with the UTexas mass shooting. Look how many we have had and continue to have and the gun haters want to blame the means 100 percent and not the root cause: behavior that has not been held accountable or in check.
We did have an incident in November 1963

Forum List

Back