The Killer Behind Gabby Giffords

I'll begin by saying I have nothing against Mark Kelly's past or his love for wife Gabby Giffords. What I do have a problem with is his increasingly vicious attacks on the 2nd Amendment, the NRA, and support for the Soros financed Parkland shooting kids like little David Hoggwash. Kelly's past as an astronaut is always mentioned but not his combat missions in Desert Storm. Kelly knows all about "gun violence" having flown 39 combat sorties in an A-6 Intruder. No pilot wants to mention or think about the "innocent bystanders" his ordnance killed, nor should they. But let's get real here....Kelly knows what he's responsible for and so should people listening to him about taking firearms away from law-abiding Americans. If Gabby Giffords had ONE Tucson police officer assigned to her campaign appearance that day, or ONE Pima County Sheriffs deputy, Jared Loughner would have been shot dead before he commenced his killing spree. Both those departments were run by democrat appeasers and blame-shifted for weeks after the incident. For that matter, where was Kelly that Saturday morning ? A U.S. House of Representatives member appearing without security a hundred miles from the Mexican border was pure lunacy....and yet she did. We all prayed for Gabby to make a full recovery and she's mostly succeeded. But that doesn't excuse Mark Kelly using the travesty that happened to his wife, from making a new, and totally hypocritical career out it.

130411-gabby-giffords-mark-kelly-630p.grid-6x3.jpg

Mark Kelly - Wikipedia
Why does that make him a hypocrite? I spent over a decade carrying (and firing) a weapon for a living and I'm for gun control.

I don't see myself as a hypocrite. Here in America we don't need an AK on every plate. That's what makes this ace better than all.the other places I've been.
And you don't need a car that goes over 65mph. If you have one, I recommend they seize it from you without compensation. And if you don't give it up, you should go to prison for 100 years. Sound fair?
You need to stop with the cars/guns comparison. As soon as guns require a liability policy, licensing, and registration you can make it but not until then.
Guns are more difficult to buy, keep, and bear in many cities. Do you think it's easier to walk around with an automatic M16 (open carry) or to drive a car with an automatic transmission on a public road in New York City?
False equivalency.
The facts are, in the USA:

1. The use of cars results in (you like that phrasing better snowflake?) MORE deaths than the use of guns.
2. Cars are generally legally EASIER to buy, keep, and bear openly on public property.
3. Retarded liberals like you want to keep their cars and ban/control guns.

This mass shooting just happened in Australia a few days ago. Very sad.

A 61-year-old farmer is suspected of carrying out Australia's worst mass shooting in 22 years, killing six family members, including four of his grandchildren, before turning the gun on himself last week, an official said Monday.

Grandfather suspected in Australia mass shooting
Not a public shooting, so it's part of the elephant in the room liberals ignore in favor of focusing on the ant (mass PUBLIC shootings).

I'll begin by saying I have nothing against Mark Kelly's past or his love for wife Gabby Giffords. What I do have a problem with is his increasingly vicious attacks on the 2nd Amendment, the NRA, and support for the Soros financed Parkland shooting kids like little David Hoggwash. Kelly's past as an astronaut is always mentioned but not his combat missions in Desert Storm. Kelly knows all about "gun violence" having flown 39 combat sorties in an A-6 Intruder. No pilot wants to mention or think about the "innocent bystanders" his ordnance killed, nor should they. But let's get real here....Kelly knows what he's responsible for and so should people listening to him about taking firearms away from law-abiding Americans. If Gabby Giffords had ONE Tucson police officer assigned to her campaign appearance that day, or ONE Pima County Sheriffs deputy, Jared Loughner would have been shot dead before he commenced his killing spree. Both those departments were run by democrat appeasers and blame-shifted for weeks after the incident. For that matter, where was Kelly that Saturday morning ? A U.S. House of Representatives member appearing without security a hundred miles from the Mexican border was pure lunacy....and yet she did. We all prayed for Gabby to make a full recovery and she's mostly succeeded. But that doesn't excuse Mark Kelly using the travesty that happened to his wife, from making a new, and totally hypocritical career out it.

Mark Kelly - Wikipedia
Why does that make him a hypocrite? I spent over a decade carrying (and firing) a weapon for a living and I'm for gun control.

I don't see myself as a hypocrite. Here in America we don't need an AK on every plate.

Here in America we each make our own decisions whether or not to exercise a constitutional right. Need is not a viable issue.

Side note: We have concealed carry in Arizona and I am free to wear a belt holster with my Ruger SR9c. But I rarely do in the city because of the looks you get from people. I'm a runner and am sometimes confronted by large aggressive dogs the Millennials have "rescued" from the pound...(there's a reason they were in the pound...duh). So to protect myself I've open-carried. Then I realized if I shot an attacking dog, I'd probably have to shoot it's owner too. If somebody shot my dog for doing something stupid, they'd have to shoot me before I got to their pistol. So now I'm carrying a 1,000,000 volt stun-gun flashlight. It looks like an ordinary flashlight! So my move is to take off my cap, wag it in front of the attacking dog and if/when he grabs ahold of it, I give it an afro. If his owner attacks, I give him one too. So I leave them both laying there, no longer a threat, not dead, and myself in no legal jeopardy.

Last edited:

I don't see myself as a hypocrite. Here in America we don't need an AK on every plate. That's what makes this ace better than all.the other places I've been.
And you don't need a car that goes over 65mph. If you have one, I recommend they seize it from you without compensation. And if you don't give it up, you should go to prison for 100 years. Sound fair?
You need to stop with the cars/guns comparison. As soon as guns require a liability policy, licensing, and registration you can make it but not until then.
Guns are more difficult to buy, keep, and bear in many cities. Do you think it's easier to walk around with an automatic M16 (open carry) or to drive a car with an automatic transmission on a public road in New York City?
False equivalency.

1. The use of cars results in (you like that phrasing better snowflake?) MORE deaths than the use of guns.
2. Cars are generally legally EASIER to buy, keep, and bear openly on public property.
Cars are not easier to buy, keep, or operate. They require licensing,.registration, and inspections. We just went over this.

Plus 86% of people in the us drive, and only about 30% own guns much less carry them around daily.

False equivalency.

Cars are not easier to buy, keep, or operate. They require licensing,.registration, and inspections. We just went over this.

Plus 86% of people in the us drive, and only about 30% own guns much less carry them around daily.
So if I go to New York City, it will be easier for me to legally open carry a full auto M16 than it would be to drive an automatic car?

False equivalency.

Plus 86% of people in the us drive, and only about 30% own guns much less carry them around daily

And yet, cars still kill more people every single year than criminals do with illegal guns. You can't ignore that fact, no matter how much you try......

And you can't get past this fact....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

False equivalency.

So, to compare apples to apples, accidental car deaths v accidental gun deaths with close to 600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense...

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Gun.....495

Car.......38,748

False equivalency.

You can get or steal a rental truck and use it to kill 86 people in 5 minutes....just like the muslim in France did.....

False equivalency.

You can get or steal a rental truck and use it to kill 86 people in 5 minutes....just like the muslim in France did.....
He says it's easier to get a loaded, automatic M16 and open carry it in a city like that here in the USA. Maybe we can fly to NYC one day and he can show me. I'll be utterly shocked if he merely winds up serving 10 years in prison instead of in the morgue.

False equivalency.

Plus 86% of people in the us drive, and only about 30% own guns much less carry them around daily

And yet, cars still kill more people every single year than criminals do with illegal guns. You can't ignore that fact, no matter how much you try......

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
As far as cars go look at percentage.

As for the rest of it, we've discussed this before. You repeating the same nonsense over and over does not make it reality.

False equivalency.

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

As far as cars go look at percentage.

As for the rest of it, we've discussed this before. You repeating the same nonsense over and over does not make it reality.

Cars kill more actual human beings than guns do.....you can't change those numbers. And if 11,004 gun murders are enough to ban guns, in a country of over 320 million people, then 38,000 car deaths are enough to ban cars.

Mark Kelly - Wikipedia
Kelly is looking for background checks and sensible gun controls that most Americans support

Mark Kelly - Wikipedia
Kelly is looking for background checks and sensible gun controls that most Americans support

No...he wants universal background checks since we already have background checks for all gun purchases at gun stores.

The reason he wants universal background checks is to be able to demand universal gun registration.

Only uninformed Americans support universal background checks...if they knew that anti gunners want UBCs so they can get registration, they wouldn't support them.

Mark Kelly - Wikipedia

No...he wants universal background checks since we already have background checks for all gun purchases at gun stores.

The reason he wants universal background checks is to be able to demand universal gun registration.

Only uninformed Americans support universal background checks...if they knew that anti gunners want UBCs so they can get registration, they wouldn't support them.

Background check on EVERY purchase
Even if you sell to your son

Mark Kelly - Wikipedia

Not to hijack the thread, but the shooter was yet another on SSRI class antidepressants

SSRI anti-depressants linked to mass shootings?

Most all are

I see that Ollie North has come out and said the same thing today, so you are parroting the NRA President.

The problem is the easy accessibility to firearms, and conservatives keep twisting themselves into pretzels trying to excuse the only reason that these mass shootings are commonplace in America.

30 years of mass shootings by country

Funny, seeing that this class of drug has only been available in this time period, most widely used in this country and given to our children while not in other countries.

Fact is, England has nearly banned them for use with use in youth as they accounted for a rapid increase in teen suicide.

The FDA awarded them their BLACK BOX WARNING, and still the use in our youth has INCREASED to 8 Million doses or more each day for teens and younger.

Appears the increase in rate goes hand in hand along the increased timeline of these shootings.

Coincidence?

Forum List

Back