Did Sarah Palin believe the Queen is in charge of the British Military?

I'm watching "Game Change" and she told Woody that she would support John with his working with the "Queen".

She didn't know what the "Fed" is.

She thought Iraq attacked us on 9/11.

Is this movie for real?

Piece of advice, never get you facts from movies.

She didn't know why North and South Korea are two countries.

Or that NK wasn't our ally.

Amusing, sad but amusing, that people will form beliefs from a movie as if it were gospel. Explains why Obama is in office.

We've become a nation of fools.

Her ignorance of Korea wasn’t from the movie, the same is true with regard to knowing no Supreme Court cases. In fact, the film didn’t present any information about Palin’s ignorance that wasn’t already known.
"It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so."

-- Ronald Reagan, speaking about Jones et al.

Oh brother..

I suppose they will have the line, she could see Russia from her porch too..

They did. I stopped watching the move about halfway through, it would have been a lot less offensive if they had simply said **** for the entire movie.

I love the one comment:

It's not that she doesn't have the answer, it's that she doesn't understand the question.
Fareed Zakaria.
2thumbs.gif

Oh.... and.... Palin is right. The Queen is 'Commander in Chief' of the British Armed Forces. They swear allegiance to her, and their country, on entering the Military.

Does the Queen believe Sara Palin would have been in charge of the American military if she won the election?

Yeah, because there is no way the VP could ever be the CINC.............

This is the problem with defending the Palin pick. She wasn't picked with the best interest of the country. She was picked to generate buzz.

She clearly wasn't ready for the job, and that (rightfully) scared the hell out of the American people who got that she was second in line behind an elderly candidate who wasn't in great health.
Yeah. It's so comforting that instead this man is a heartbeat away from the Presidency:

JoeBiden.jpg

As opposed to Palin? Absolutely. You act like this wasn't a "one or the other deal".

Does the Queen believe Sara Palin would have been in charge of the American military if she won the election?

This is the problem with defending the Palin pick. She wasn't picked with the best interest of the country. She was picked to generate buzz.

She clearly wasn't ready for the job, and that (rightfully) scared the hell out of the American people who got that she was second in line behind an elderly candidate who wasn't in great health.

Damn it.

I WISH I could honestly disagree with Gotoheck. But I really can't. Gov. Palin has some solid political instincts, but she LACKS the degree of education -- a command of the facts -- to put her instincts properly into effect.

Making her his VP choice DID cause buzz and did help shore up some of the conservative base, which Sen. McCain alone did not command. But his decision also constituted a kind of an executive decision by which Sen. McCain was saying to the electorate, "in my estimation, this woman is sufficiently equipped to jump into the role of President should I suffer a disabling injury or death." That reflected poorly on his executive decision making skills (just as having VP Biden as his running mate reflects badly on President Obama).

She is a great public speaker, which is hugely important.

But she just didn't have the knowledge base to run the country.

Damn it.

I WISH I could honestly disagree with Gotoheck. But I really can't. Gov. Palin has some solid political instincts, but she LACKS the degree of education -- a command of the facts -- to put her instincts properly into effect.

Making her his VP choice DID cause buzz and did help shore up some of the conservative base, which Sen. McCain alone did not command. But his decision also constituted a kind of an executive decision by which Sen. McCain was saying to the electorate, "in my estimation, this woman is sufficiently equipped to jump into the role of President should I suffer a disabling injury or death." That reflected poorly on his executive decision making skills (just as having VP Biden as his running mate reflects badly on President Obama).

I have said it before, but it's on point, so I'll risk being repetitive.

She should not have been asked to take the Veep slot. She most certainly was right in choosing NOT to seek the Presidency this time around. What she SHOULD have done was take a year off to just read, read, read, read and then read some more. For example, ALL back issues (going back to the end of the Cold War, at least) of U.S. News and World Report up to the present day. Really digest it all. Then, go ahead and look at the NY Times. Yeah. It is biased, but there's still a decent amount of information you can glean from it.

I bet the members of this Board could compose a list of reading material (The Economist, The NY Times, US News and World Report, a few rocking science journals, a couple of good solid world history books, etc) and getting herself immersed in that could be a good full time job for her for a while. My hunch is that she actually is smart enough to put it all to good use.

Then, but only then, would it make sense for her to combine her political instincts, her speech-making ability and her newly acquired base of knowledge to take a real run at the Presidency.

Oh.... and.... Palin is right. The Queen is 'Commander in Chief' of the British Armed Forces. They swear allegiance to her, and their country, on entering the Military.
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif

The laughter is a little out of place. For it is technically correct to state that the monarch is the commander in chief.

Granted, like the royal position itself, that is mostly "figure-head" stuff. As a practical matter, the prime minister is the real head of the armed forces. But unless the Brits abolish the monarchy all together, it will remain a technical truth that the monarch is the commander in chief of the British Army, the British Navy and the Royal Air Force.

rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif
rotfl.gif

The laughter is a little out of place. For it is technically correct to state that the monarch is the commander in chief.

Granted, like the royal position itself, that is mostly "figure-head" stuff. As a practical matter, the prime minister is the real head of the armed forces. But unless the Brits abolish the monarchy all together, it will remain a technical truth that the monarch is the commander in chief of the British Army, the British Navy and the Royal Air Force.
But that's clearly not what Palin had in mind, and it's clearly not what CG is trying to get away with by saying it is true.

Damn it.

I have said it before, but it's on point, so I'll risk being repetitive.

She should not have been asked to take the Veep slot. She most certainly was right in choosing NOT to seek the Presidency this time around. What she SHOULD have done was take a year off to just read, read, read, read and then read some more. For example, ALL back issues (going back to the end of the Cold War, at least) of U.S. News and World Report up to the present day. Really digest it all. Then, go ahead and look at the NY Times. Yeah. It is biased, but there's still a decent amount of information you can glean from it.

I bet the members of this Board could compose a list of reading material (The Economist, The NY Times, US News and World Report, a few rocking science journals, a couple of good solid world history books, etc) and getting herself immersed in that could be a good full time job for her for a while. My hunch is that she actually is smart enough to put it all to good use.

Then, but only then, would it make sense for her to combine her political instincts, her speech-making ability and her newly acquired base of knowledge to take a real run at the Presidency.

I agree with that, though, I think Palin shares a degree of burden for not having insight into her own position.

That would include her family situation. My wife and I were sitting there thinking about it. Having a special needs child, a pregnant daughter, and a deployed son alone would be enough additional pressure to drive anyone to an extreme state of fatigue. Add in being under scrutiny from the whole country and I am much more sympathetic to the duress she was under.

It would be hard to turn that down as an ambitious person, but it would have been the smarter move. The time just wasn't right for her personally and professionally.

As a result, she ended up scuttling a promising political career. I am also a little more understanding of why she bailed out as the AK governor so quickly. I think she was just spent.

You assume that you have some sort of mental superiority over her, so you choose to believe she must believe things because you wish it so. As to the legal nicities, she is the commander in chief. When they do reviews, she wears a uniform of a colonel in one of her scottish regiments. She does regular military inspections of the elite part of the military.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLuJRTJ6s7o"]trooping the color[/ame]

However, the usual way things work is that various officials serving under her give the real orders. It was Margaret Thatcher who ran the Falklands campaign and gave the order to sink the Belgrano.

She was governor of Alaska. She knows about boards and commissions that 'report' to the governor but are pretty much independent.

Your desperate need to prove yourself superior does not make her half the jackass you are.

Yeah. It's so comforting that instead this man is a heartbeat away from the Presidency:

JoeBiden.jpg

Why? What's wrong with him?

Wow, all those posts for calling me stupid for asking one simple question none of them could answer. I love it.

JoeBiden.jpg

As opposed to Palin? Absolutely. You act like this wasn't a "one or the other deal".
No, I'm not. And Biden is a moron. This is undeniable.

But you'll try anyway.

But that's clearly not what Palin had in mind, and it's clearly not what CG is trying to get away with by saying it is true.

British Armed Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Commander-in-Chief of the British Armed Forces is the British monarch, at present Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, to whom members of the forces swear allegiance. Under British constitutional law, the armed forces are subordinate to the Crown, however this power is qualified by the requirement for parliamentary consent to the maintaining of a standing army and Parliament's approval of taxation and supply of funds for the armed forces. Under the 1689 Bill of Rights no standing army may be maintained during time of peace without the consent of Parliament[5] and in modern times Parliament gives this consent every five years by passing an Armed Forces Act. Consistent with longstanding constitutional convention, the Prime Minister holds de facto authority over the use of the armed forces.[6] The armed forces are managed by the Defence Council of the Ministry of Defence, headed by the Secretary of State for Defence.

JoeBiden.jpg

Why? What's wrong with him?

Wow, all those posts for calling me stupid for asking one simple question none of them could answer. I love it.

rderp, you dishonest hack. I did note that you are blind.

But, actually, you are just dishonest.

First off, of course, he was a cheater. Biden Admits Plagiarism in School But Says It Was Not 'Malevolent' - New York Times

Then, VP Biden says absolutely imbecilic things on a regular basis. He is a walking gaffe: Bidenisms - Joe Biden Gaffes and Biden Quotes - Updated Frequently

Forum List

Back