Did Political Correctness allow the Ft Hood Shooter to get a gun?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Here we have a MUSLIM who was known by the FBI to be talking with terrorists. How can we permit political correctness over gun rights to allow this man to buy a gun days before he goes on a shooting rampage.

From yesterday..

Lumpy 1

Political Correctness.. Gone Wild

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's allot easier in hind sight but what's price Americans are willing to pay in the quest for political correctness.

Will it come down with Hasan, and the Fort Hood tragedy, that he wasn't fully investigated because officials were afraid of a law suit by the ACLU.

We are all aware of the primary victims list, the untouchables, Moslem's, African Americans, Gays, Liberal Women, Illegal Aliens, oops I meant undocumented workers.

So, has political correctness, "Gone Wild" and Americans have to die for it and just accept it?

Which civil rights are covered under "Political Correctness" ?

Here we have a MUSLIM who was known by the FBI to be talking with terrorists. How can we permit political correctness over gun rights to allow this man to buy a gun days before he goes on a shooting rampage.
No, it has more to do with the gun laws in Texas, imo, and the federal gun laws.

Not sure why there isn't a law that prevents people that contact radical groups from owning guns.

From yesterday..

Lumpy 1

Political Correctness.. Gone Wild

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's allot easier in hind sight but what's price Americans are willing to pay in the quest for political correctness.

Will it come down with Hasan, and the Fort Hood tragedy, that he wasn't fully investigated because officials were afraid of a law suit by the ACLU.

We are all aware of the primary victims list, the untouchables, Moslem's, African Americans, Gays, Liberal Women, Illegal Aliens, oops I meant undocumented workers.

So, has political correctness, "Gone Wild" and Americans have to die for it and just accept it?
Which civil rights are covered under "Political Correctness" ?
I think it is pretty cool that Lumpy lumped liberal women in with this insane killer.

I would say no, political correctness did not allow him to get a gun.

It simply let him remain in the armed forces and and enabled him to kill over a dozen people like a good lil Jihadi.

Who's exploiting Fort Hood? - THE WEEK
On Fox News, Sean Hannity accused the government of ignoring red flags about Nidal Hasan because of that conservative bugaboo, political correctness, and Rush Limbaugh simply blamed the massacre on Obama.

If there were "red flags" about Nidal Hasan, shouldn't they prevent him from buying a gun?

I do not think that military records of current military personnel are privy to be viewed by other government organizations... I am unsure of this though...

But information or 'red flags' set up by one government entity should be available to others... IMHO anything that is documented within our government like that needs to be available for all types of background checks conducted by all government entities

Now as for political correctness... if there is some process/procedure in government that slows information sharing in situations like this because of fear of reprisal from BS groups like the ACLU, then that needs to be eliminated.

If he had been placed on the proper lists, he could not have legally purchased a gun.

Nevertheless, the real issues of why he was left to his own sick mind has little to do with any gun law.

You liberal kids are spending too much time playing politics, instead of addressing real problems.

Mike

From everything I've read on this PC was a big player. His co-workers were afraid to say anything because he was a MUSLIM and they were afraid of being branded RACIST.

He could have gone in and gotten a gun anywhere. Wouldn't have mattered if he was Muslim or not so I don't think the Muslim angle has any bearing at all.

There were lots of balls dropped in this whole sad affair.

From everything I've read on this PC was a big player. His co-workers were afraid to say anything because he was a MUSLIM and they were afraid of being branded RACIST.

He could have gone in and gotten a gun anywhere. Wouldn't have mattered if he was Muslim or not so I don't think the Muslim angle has any bearing at all.

There were lots of balls dropped in this whole sad affair.
Actually, according to reports they did say something. But nice spin.

:eusa_eh: :confused: ... wait ... :eusa_eh: Who are you and where is the real RightWinger?

(Translation: I actually agree with you here,)

However, after reading the "rest of the thread" I realize ... no, I don't agree. You are putting the cart before the horse.

It was not a gun right political correctness it was a " Muslim," political correctness. I wonder how many people would have called this a terrorist act if the guy walked into Fort Hood with homemade bombs strapped to his body and killed 13 people and wounded 40 others. Would the liberal media and Obama still be attempting to paint this guy as a person with post traumatic stress or since he's never been to Iraq or Afghanistan, pre-traumatic stress.:lol:

The one and only reason for this diversion tactic of not calling this a terrorist act is because it happened on Obama's watch. No one's buying it. A third grader knows this was an act of terror by a muslim extremist. The spin is ridiculous.

Glad they did say something Ravi. Just too bad no one was listening. No spin intended.

I would say no, political correctness did not allow him to get a gun.

It simply let him remain in the armed forces and and enabled him to kill over a dozen people like a good lil Jihadi.

Well if the flags were there to remove him from the armed forces, aren't the same flags there to prevent him from buying a gun?

Should prospective Muslim terrorists be allowed to buy guns? Are we too politically correct to deny a gun purchase to a potential terrorist?

Forum List

Back