Is there really any point?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mr. Capitalism, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Mr. Capitalism

Mr. Capitalism Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I haven't bothered to type this up yet, but last week I was listening to the POTUS XM coverage of the Tea Party thing in DC with Bachmann et al.

There was a gentleman there who had traveled several thousand miles to attend the event. He was there because as he said, "As I understand it, there is a part in this bill that forces anyone over the age of seventy to take a pill that will immediately kill them."

When the XM reporter said that "he thinks that was one of the disproven attacks" on the bill, the gentleman responded that "people he trusted on radio said that Democrats were going to sneak it in right before the vote and that since he was over seventy, he did not want to die."

The guy was being honest and forthright, he was just either insane, or dumb as a box of shit. How can the country have a serious conversation about anything, let alone healthcare with shit like this?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,678

well why don't you explain to the guy what 500 billion dollars in cuts to medicare are going to do to seniors healthcare! then explain why the emocrats refuse to all verification of citizenship. whydonchya? bobby

3. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Funny... if this were actually true.. with the amount of the opposition listening in on the 'left' or 'right' or other political stations on terrestrial and satellite radio, we would have had this splattercasted everywhere... I have serious doubts as to the validity of this claim by a winger

4. veritas

veritas OBKB

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +135
    We can't and we aren't.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Mr. Capitalism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57
    That really has nothing to do with the thread, which is more a thread about the tenor of politics, rather than the word by word of the bill, though if you want to start a separate thread, that would be fine. In short, from what I can tell, the biggest cuts in medicare are trying to reign in inefficency and waste, something I thought most people could agree on. As far as the citizenship goes, I find the whole argument ridculous.

6. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,678
    tenor? you want to talk tenor??? you are the asshole who called him batshit crazy or dumb as a box of shit? take your tenor and shove it up your ass whydonchya? he has valid worries and you sure as fuck don't have any moral ground to stand on.

7. nodoginnafight

nodoginnafight No Party Affiliation

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    IMHO - There will always be folks like this. We just have to hope that they never start calling the shots.

8. Mr. Capitalism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Really, if his worries are valid, I'm sure you could easily point out which part of the bill as passed would murder anyone over the age of 70.

9. Mr. Capitalism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Thats probably a fair point. There was a fair amount of batshit crazy stuff coming out of liberals at rallies during the Bush years as well. I don't know, I guess I'm just irritated today.

10. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,146
    LOLOL. So the old guy is going to an anti-government anti socialized medicine teabag rally because he thinks they're the people who are going to protect his single payer socialized medicine called Medicare?