Is there really any point?

Mr. Capitalism

Aug 10, 2009
I haven't bothered to type this up yet, but last week I was listening to the POTUS XM coverage of the Tea Party thing in DC with Bachmann et al.

There was a gentleman there who had traveled several thousand miles to attend the event. He was there because as he said, "As I understand it, there is a part in this bill that forces anyone over the age of seventy to take a pill that will immediately kill them."

When the XM reporter said that "he thinks that was one of the disproven attacks" on the bill, the gentleman responded that "people he trusted on radio said that Democrats were going to sneak it in right before the vote and that since he was over seventy, he did not want to die."

The guy was being honest and forthright, he was just either insane, or dumb as a box of shit. How can the country have a serious conversation about anything, let alone healthcare with shit like this?

I haven't bothered to type this up yet, but last week I was listening to the POTUS XM coverage of the Tea Party thing in DC with Bachmann et al.

There was a gentleman there who had traveled several thousand miles to attend the event. He was there because as he said, "As I understand it, there is a part in this bill that forces anyone over the age of seventy to take a pill that will immediately kill them."

When the XM reporter said that "he thinks that was one of the disproven attacks" on the bill, the gentleman responded that "people he trusted on radio said that Democrats were going to sneak it in right before the vote and that since he was over seventy, he did not want to die."

The guy was being honest and forthright, he was just either insane, or dumb as a box of shit. How can the country have a serious conversation about anything, let alone healthcare with shit like this?

well why don't you explain to the guy what 500 billion dollars in cuts to medicare are going to do to seniors healthcare! then explain why the emocrats refuse to all verification of citizenship. whydonchya? bobby

Funny... if this were actually true.. with the amount of the opposition listening in on the 'left' or 'right' or other political stations on terrestrial and satellite radio, we would have had this splattercasted everywhere... I have serious doubts as to the validity of this claim by a winger

well why don't you explain to the guy what 500 billion dollars in cuts to medicare are going to do to seniors healthcare! then explain why the emocrats refuse to all verification of citizenship. whydonchya? bobby

That really has nothing to do with the thread, which is more a thread about the tenor of politics, rather than the word by word of the bill, though if you want to start a separate thread, that would be fine. In short, from what I can tell, the biggest cuts in medicare are trying to reign in inefficency and waste, something I thought most people could agree on. As far as the citizenship goes, I find the whole argument ridculous.

That really has nothing to do with the thread, which is more a thread about the tenor of politics, rather than the word by word of the bill, though if you want to start a separate thread, that would be fine. In short, from what I can tell, the biggest cuts in medicare are trying to reign in inefficency and waste, something I thought most people could agree on. As far as the citizenship goes, I find the whole argument ridculous.

tenor? you want to talk tenor??? you are the asshole who called him batshit crazy or dumb as a box of shit? take your tenor and shove it up your ass whydonchya? he has valid worries and you sure as fuck don't have any moral ground to stand on.

IMHO - There will always be folks like this. We just have to hope that they never start calling the shots.

he has valid worries and you sure as fuck don't have any moral ground to stand on.

Really, if his worries are valid, I'm sure you could easily point out which part of the bill as passed would murder anyone over the age of 70.

IMHO - There will always be folks like this. We just have to hope that they never start calling the shots.

Thats probably a fair point. There was a fair amount of batshit crazy stuff coming out of liberals at rallies during the Bush years as well. I don't know, I guess I'm just irritated today.

LOLOL. So the old guy is going to an anti-government anti socialized medicine teabag rally because he thinks they're the people who are going to protect his single payer socialized medicine called Medicare?

The Medicare cuts will kill quite a few. Is that the intention of the obamahealth bill?? Don't know. Time will tell on that one.

Thats probably a fair point. There was a fair amount of batshit crazy stuff coming out of liberals at rallies during the Bush years as well. I don't know, I guess I'm just irritated today.

getting irritated just indicates you care enough to get irritated. :clap2:

Someone could have pointed out to him that probably half (or so) of the people who voted for the bill are over 70--including Pelosi!

LOL Way to try and change the subject. So no comment on how the right is spreading misinformation and LIES?
However, since medicare is socialized medicine why don't you start telling seniors how republicans are actually against what you are now claiming they are trying to protect? whydonchya??

tenor? you want to talk tenor??? you are the asshole who called him batshit crazy or dumb as a box of shit? take your tenor and shove it up your ass whydonchya? he has valid worries and you sure as fuck don't have any moral ground to stand on.

valid worries??? How can you have "valid worries" when the primary thing that you are worried about is nothing but a fictional peice of propaganda spewed by the right to scare people into being against the bill and wasting their hard earned money to travel thousands of miles to protest something that isn't actually in the bill??

valid worries??? How can you have "valid worries" when the primary thing that you are worried about is nothing but a fictional peice of propaganda spewed by the right to scare people into being against the bill and wasting their hard earned money to travel thousands of miles to protest something that isn't actually in the bill??

1) If anything is fiction it is this bogus 'report' of this ever happening on the airwaves.. as stated, if this were on there, it would have been splattered all over the net by now
2) It is not up to you to determine what is 'wasting money' for individuals when it is there money. I did not hear any 'wasting money' talk when a bunch of lefties protested everything from the war, to Bush, to the Patriot Act... I don't care if they spend their money traveling to protest or shoving sticks of butter up their asses or getting tattoos on 95% of their body... it is their money and their business
3) What was being protested was many things.. including the expansion of government into areas it has no business in, to mandated coverage, to wealth redistribution of non-contributors getting benefit at the expense of contributors....

Careful!!

How do you know that this was not a Democrat plant to give the image that the right wingers are full of it?

Fanaticism is a double edged sword and the Dems maybe using the overzealous method of the right to turn them intoo a bunch of crazies. Executing the elderly for being elderly is an insane concept in our society, thus sparking the question "Where are you getting this nonsense from?"

Careful!!

How do you know that this was not a Democrat plant to give the image that the right wingers are full of it?

Fanaticism is a double edged sword and the Dems maybe using the overzealous method of the right to turn them intoo a bunch of crazies. Executing the elderly for being elderly is an insane concept in our society, thus sparking the question "Where are you getting this nonsense from?"

Could be absolutely right. It could have been an elderly lefty seekign out the radio guy. Couldn't tell you more than what I heard. Honestly, if it goes the other way, the argument still stands though, just in the other direction. The only thing worse than spouting outrageous rhetoric is trying to get others to believe people are saying things they aren't.

1) If anything is fiction it is this bogus 'report' of this ever happening on the airwaves.. as stated, if this were on there, it would have been splattered all over the net by now

I am just discussing what is in the thread if you can prove the report false by all means do so. If you can't prove it false then your opinion is only that.

2) It is not up to you to determine what is 'wasting money' for individuals when it is there money. I did not hear any 'wasting money' talk when a bunch of lefties protested everything from the war, to Bush, to the Patriot Act... I don't care if they spend their money traveling to protest or shoving sticks of butter up their asses or getting tattoos on 95% of their body... it is their money and their business

are you mental?? I presented MY OPINION that it was a waste of money to travel thousands of miles to protest something that isn't REAL. The point of my opinion is that he was lied to by the right and said that he went there for this reason that turned out not to be REAL. I said nothing about denying him any right to spend his money i merely stated that I thought it was a waste based on that he traveled so far to protest something that was not in the bill.

3) What was being protested was many things.. including the expansion of government into areas it has no business in, to mandated coverage, to wealth redistribution of non-contributors getting benefit at the expense of contributors....

and yet this gentleman stated why he was there so your spin is invalid but thanks for playing.

You can believe what you please, I can only tell you what I heard and you can decide whether or not to believe me. It was on XM's POTUS 130 channel around the noon hour. It was some beat reporter doing interviews prior to Michelle Bachmann taking the stage.

Forum List

Back