Did officer Clark act wrong?

xdangerousxdavex

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle

After the high-speed pursuit police officer Robert Clark ordered Ruben Garcia Villalpando out of his car at gunpoint, place his hands on his head and to stay where he standed, but Villalpando walked towards officer. Clark yelled at him to stop and walk back to the car but there were no reaction from Villalpando and he continued to walk. Then officer Clark fired Villalpando twice. I want your opinion. Clark was in fear for his life but Villalpando acted like he wanted Clark to shoot him dead. Don’t you think Clark had to act differently?

No, he wasn't wrong. How can anyone think so? The suspect had a very hard time following simple commands and advanced when repeatedly was warned not to. Only a moron would wait until someone was on top of you.

Shooting someone is much too serious for what can be seen in the video. There was no reason to believe the person could not be physically restrained. An unarmed person is not merely a target.
The police officer had no right to be speaking that way to him; it was insulting and provocative. He kept yelling at a distance, over the noise of traffic. If he was so fearful, why didn't he go handcuff the guy? Cops are trained in self defense and are supposed to use it. Shooting an unarmed person with their hands on their head is overreacting.
When my father was a police officer, they were not permitted to shoot unless directly confronted by a weapon. I don't get this.

only response that I have to your post is that if I catch a burglar in my home and I tell him to stay where he is and he starts advancing on me I know what he is going to get '4eye' !!

The driver of the speeding car should have followed the directions given to him many time. The police officer was forced to act.

It just shows that it isn't race that creates a shooting when suspects are not following directions. Color doesn't matter.

You aren't a public servant whose job it is to protect life, and that wasn't in someone's home.
There doesn't seem to be a dearth bloodthirsty people in the world, 'pissmore'.

Shooting someone is much too serious for what can be seen in the video. There was no reason to believe the person could not be physically restrained. An unarmed person is not merely a target.
The police officer had no right to be speaking that way to him; it was insulting and provocative. He kept yelling at a distance, over the noise of traffic. If he was so fearful, why didn't he go handcuff the guy? Cops are trained in self defense and are supposed to use it. Shooting an unarmed person with their hands on their head is overreacting.
When my father was a police officer, they were not permitted to shoot unless directly confronted by a weapon. I don't get this.
That last line is about as farcical as it gets.

guys dead I think , cops ok I think , cop did legal work I think '4eye'

you're an idiot to assume that he's unarmed.

a knife in the collar and one step is all he needed to kill the officer

lamentable , is that all you have to say ? Dead guy shoulda listened to the cop in this case '4eye' !!

One cop, one man. He had to shoot him? What would John Wayne have done?

The dude just led the cops on a high speed chase and you're concerned about the guys feelings?
Fucken kids these days.....

Being a public servant charged with protecting citizens' lives is risky.

Forum List

Back