Did Gruden let RG3 take a beating on purpose?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
NFL coach: Jay Gruden let RG3 take beating on purpose

Robert Griffin III sustained a “minor” concussion last week in a preseason game against the Lions. RG3 took hit after hit from a ferocious Detroit front seven, but Washington Redskins head coach Jay Gruden kept sending him back onto the field.
At least one NFL head coach has questioned Gruden’s intentions.

“I have never, ever, on any level, seen a head coach treat his quarterback with such a lack of respect,” the anonymous coach said.
The coach went on to explain how Washington’s offensive line was “in shambles” with starting left tackle Trent Williams sidelined and others playing poorly. Despite that, Gruden apparently felt that RG3 needed the reps.
“That Lions front, even without [Ndamukong] Suh, is pretty ferocious,” he said. “As a coach, you see your guys getting beat, and you see your quarterback especially take that first shot, every coach I know would have taken their quarterback out of the game.

No they just stink, like they always have since we obtained this retarded owner.... just a cluster and will be probably forever....

Last edited:
It could also be that since RGIII has basically been a lemon as far as staying healthy he may have just wanted to get something out of the guy for everything the organization gave for the guy. Personally I think the dude would have been toast anyway

I wish he would just go away.... but really, the team has like 2 or 3 quality players... very average coaching and a terrible owner...

I do not know a lot about the Redskins players or coaches to be honest but I know RGIII was suppose to be their diamond and they ended up with a dirt clod

I do not know a lot about the Redskins players or coaches to be honest but I know RGIII was suppose to be their diamond and they ended up with a dirt clod

We are used to it! Who is your team? I hope someone good!

Been a rabid Seahawks fan since 1984 so yeah I feel your pain of players/coaches/owner. I am such a fan that if I had some Seahawks under things I would be wearing them in my avatar lol

RG3 had one of the best rookie QB seasons I ever saw

Too bad Shanahan ruined him

Forum List

Back