Did Clarence Thomas cheat on his taxes?

I'm not bothered by Conservatives who cheat on their taxes because that's who they are, low tax, small government types.

It's the Liberals who cheat on their taxes that piss me off because they always advocate ever larger government. But they always expect someone else to pay for it.

A Liberal who cheats on his taxes is like the pedophile priest.

Talk about lies.

Obama is increasing the use of Gitmo.

We are still in Iraq AND Afghanistan.

Don't ask; don't tell defender? Hardly.

Unemployment won't go over 8%.

Lets Obamacare get watered down, just to look good.

The Chief Liar in Charge is quite the prize.

I was mistaken , he did not cheat on his taxes he lied on his disclosure documents for five years omitting his wifes 600,000 + income every year for five years.

So because you met him and agree with his politics its ok for him to lie to the people?

I've been waiting for something like this for over a year.

Btw, is it okay for Obama to lie? You seem to think so.

Seems to me, even if there were any truth to this accusation, it's a simple bookkeeping error that can easily be remedied with a few X forms.

Oh, and FYI, many married couples don't file joint forms because of the tax liabilities. I for one think the tax code is way too complex.

I think perhaps this is an attempt to smear a conservative judge, force him to remove himself, and replace him with one of Obama's liberal judges.

They're gonna have to do better then this.

Last edited:
Supreme Court: Justice Clarence Thomas reportedly failed to report wife's income - latimes.com

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas failed to report his wife's income from a conservative think tank on financial disclosure forms for at least five years, the watchdog group Common Cause said Friday.

Between 2003 and 2007, Virginia Thomas, a longtime conservative activist, earned $686,589 from the Heritage Foundation, according to a Common Cause review of the foundation's IRS records. Thomas failed to note the income in his Supreme Court financial disclosure forms for those years, instead checking a box labeled "none" where "spousal noninvestment income" would be disclosed.

I guess it wasnt taxes but disclosure information.

In other words he hid her activities from the American people so he would not have to recuse himself from cases.

Lying to the American people just warms the cockles of your heart dont it.

Note I corrected my mistake in the OP

I was mistaken , he did not cheat on his taxes he lied on his disclosure documents for five years omitting his wifes 600,000 + income every year for five years.

Where is your proof he lied? You yourself termed it an omission in the same sentence. You need to show it was deliberate. So far you haven't.

So because you met him and agree with his politics its ok for him to lie to the people?

You lie all the time. Seriously, think about how you come cross.

He didn't cheat on his taxes, there was a lack of disclosure on a job held by his WIFE. Thomas is a conservative, he votes conservative, his wife's job (among others) is at a conservative group. He isn't going to decide with a conservative opinion because of some job his wife has. Again, was there even one situation where he decided a case that involved her employer? No.

Because I have met him, I understand that he is highly principled and well grounded in how the average American lives. He and his wife are highly intelligent. We are a fortunate nation to have them. It was not a lie, but an omission. One that has not been proven to be deliberate in any way.

It goes far beyond taxes. Im not saying this is the absolute truth but it deserves a look into.

Liberal nonprofit Common Cause is asking the Department of Justice to investigate Justices Clarence Thomas and Antonin Scalia in relation to the Citzens United Supreme Court case, arguing that their decision in the case raised "serious questions about the impartiality of" both justices.

"It appears both justices have participated in political strategy sessions, perhaps while the case was pending, with corporate leaders whose political aims were advanced by the decision," writes Common Cause President and CEO Bob Edgar in a petition to the Justice Department filed this week.
Liberal Group: Investigate Scalia and Thomas Over Citizens United Conflicts of Interest - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Yes, if you can't sway the court with your ideas, try to get them on a technicality.

No, you didn't correct it. You know he didn't cheat on his taxes, but you make it seem he might have. You have made a false disclosure. Please feel free to resign from USMB.

Now you are acting crazy.

go read the op and look at the edit time.

I corrected my mistake very quickly and saying I did not correct it is a flat out lie.

Did you see the question mark in the title?

How funny you like Thomas's lie and pretend I did not ask a question and then provided the facts right in the OP.

Thomas lied about 600,000+ income his wife got from a right wing think tank.

Its just fine with you.

If Kagen had done this you would be pretty unhappy I bet.

Supreme Court: Justice Clarence Thomas reportedly failed to report wife's income - latimes.com

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas failed to report his wife's income from a conservative think tank on financial disclosure forms for at least five years, the watchdog group Common Cause said Friday.

Between 2003 and 2007, Virginia Thomas, a longtime conservative activist, earned $686,589 from the Heritage Foundation, according to a Common Cause review of the foundation's IRS records. Thomas failed to note the income in his Supreme Court financial disclosure forms for those years, instead checking a box labeled "none" where "spousal noninvestment income" would be disclosed.

I guess it wasnt taxes but disclosure information.

In other words he hid her activities from the American people so he would not have to recuse himself from cases.

Lying to the American people just warms the cockles of your heart dont it.

Well if he did cheat on this taxes, I'm sure Obama will give him a pass just like he did on Tim Geitner his Treasury Secretary.

Funny, but I don't hear you libs crying about THAT tax cheating! Hypocrites!

Obama's Treasury secretary owed $26K in taxes, but it's OK | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Obama’s Treasury Secretary: Tax rules for thee, but not for me; Update: Link to Senate Finance Cmte docs added

Michelle Malkin Obama’s Treasury Secretary: Tax rules for thee, but not for me; Update: Link to Senate Finance Cmte docs added

I'm sure you are JUST as concerned about this tax cheating and will be right on the phone to the Whitehouse to have Geitner fired, right?????????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obama Appointees and Democrat Congressman: All American Tax Cheats

Democrats: Tax Thee, Not Me

During the last two months , the people of this country have seen a parade of Democratic tax cheats attempt to gain appointed positions. A high water on political corruption was reached when Obama selected a tax cheat, Timothy Geithner, President of the Federal Reserve Bank, as Secretary of the Treasury which oversees the IRS. Geithner, who was confirmed, faced scrutiny when he revealed he “failed to pay” more than $42,000 in back taxes.

Ex-Senator (D) Tom Daschle, All American Tax Cheat

Congressman Pete Stark (D), All American Tax Cheat

Bronx Representative Eliot Engel Loses a Tax Break

U.S. Representative Robert Wexler (D), Maryland and All American Tax Cheat

Obama Appointees and Democrat Congressman: All American Tax Cheats | DBKP - Death By 1000 Papercuts - DBKP

Democrats like raising taxes on the "little people," not paying taxes.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back