Detroit Man Almost Faces Jail Time For Gardening While Black

No but I do find disturbing this current media trend of attacking white women for calling the police on black people.
Why?

Well -- it doesn't always turn out wrong. Hard to TELL if it's latent racism UNTIL it gets checked out. We're all here asking questions about THIS incident and we STILL don't have all the information..

People SHOULD be lectured/chastized IF it turns out to be latent or active racism..

No it's not hard to tell. But when you want to deny racism exists you don't want to see obvious instances of it.

I'm not talking about the REASON for the police report. I'm talking about whether or not it is warranted. And the MAJORITY of the time -- it is. And I already stated what should be done if it was phony and only race motivated.

Somewhere along the line, some black people got the idea that white, orange, yellow, tan folks can just get away with NOT COOPERATING with the police, not producing ID, not answering questions.

In the larger picture -- we all USED TO LIVE in a free country. To an extent that's not true anymore. Because, you CAN be searched and seized on the flimsiest of excuses today. You can be TRACKED, PROFILED, even SPIED on by all levels of government. We've ALL lost a lot of due process, because there aren't enough Civil Libertarians as there used to be. We need to join together the concepts of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties. Because Civil Liberties is the LARGER MORE IMPORTANT prerequisite to freedom and liberty. That means concern about National Domestic spying, asset forfeiture, eminent domain cases, snitch rules, photo privacy rights when used during arrests, etc, etc..

When every GROUP has its own priorities on these seminal issues -- we ALL LOSE....

What you said in your third paragraph has always been the case for blacks. And until you can understand that we cannot come together.

Since you virtually worship virile muscular govt and don't SEE the loss of the TOP LEVEL Civil Liberties affects us all --- you're doomed to be a victim no matter what color you are.

There used to 10 or 12 elected champions of Civil Liberties that I could celebrate. Not just Civil Rights, but the PROTECTIONS we all need to guard from govt. NOW -- I can MAYBE name 3. And they are not always consistent. How many can you name? Or have you never considered that your Civil Rights DEPEND on the protection of Civil Liberties for ALL?

You lose the SAME Civil Liberties as we all do as that PRIMARY safeguard to liberty gets eroded.

In the larger picture -- we all USED TO LIVE in a free country. To an extent that's not true anymore. Because, you CAN be searched and seized on the flimsiest of excuses today. You can be TRACKED, PROFILED, even SPIED on by all levels of government. We've ALL lost a lot of due process, because there aren't enough Civil Libertarians as there used to be. We need to join together the concepts of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties. Because Civil Liberties is the LARGER MORE IMPORTANT prerequisite to freedom and liberty. That means concern about National Domestic spying, asset forfeiture, emanate domain cases, snitch rules, photo privacy rights when used during arrests, etc, etc..

When every GROUP has its own priorities on these seminal issues -- we ALL LOSE....
Have you ever noticed how quick people are to give away their rights (4th amendment prohibition from unreasonable search & seizure, 1st amendment prohibition from government interference with religion and freedom of association, 2nd amendment right to keep & bear arms, as a couple of quick examples) as long as they believe that only "those people" will be the one's affected, not them?

I became a member of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) because they along with a handful of others (Electronic Frontier Foundation is one) are the only organizations that I have found that have consistently held the government's feet to the fire, even when they don't win outright, they generally make some progress. My ACLU membership seems to really bug some of the members here though, like it makes me an enemy of the state or something.

In the larger picture -- we all USED TO LIVE in a free country. To an extent that's not true anymore. Because, you CAN be searched and seized on the flimsiest of excuses today. You can be TRACKED, PROFILED, even SPIED on by all levels of government. We've ALL lost a lot of due process, because there aren't enough Civil Libertarians as there used to be. We need to join together the concepts of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties. Because Civil Liberties is the LARGER MORE IMPORTANT prerequisite to freedom and liberty. That means concern about National Domestic spying, asset forfeiture, emanate domain cases, snitch rules, photo privacy rights when used during arrests, etc, etc..

Have you ever noticed how quick people are to give away their rights (4th amendment prohibition from unreasonable search & seizure, 1st amendment prohibition from government interference with religion and freedom of association, 2nd amendment right to keep & bear arms, as a couple of quick examples) as long as they believe that only "those people" will be the one's affected, not them?

I became a member of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) because they along with a handful of others (Electronic Frontier Foundation is one) are the only organizations that I have found that have consistently held the government's feet to the fire, even when they don't win outright, they generally make some progress. My ACLU membership seems to really bug some of the members here though, like it makes me an enemy of the state or something.

Don't worry if you "bugger" some people. That's what freedom is all about. It's TOLERANCE and protecting folks and their actions that you don't personally condone.

Just to hedge my bets, I support the Institute for Justice as well. They take the cases that aren't high profile enough for the ACLU. They go after regulations that require 100 hours of licensing for "hair braiders" or "florists" and protect your rights to earn a living as well.. For example.

We're ALL less free BECAUSE we've lost the champions for Civil Liberties. And when the police get too pompous -- it's because the courts have allowed bad interpretation of the law. So the gap in justice for blacks/whites ought to be getting narrower -- but we're ALL losing ground on being in a "free country". Isn't only blacks that "strike an attitude" about being jossled by the police and the courts.

can you cite some comments on this board that indicate objection to your
membership in the ACLU?

Global media conglomerates choose to shine the public spotlight on a handful of women for making a mistake to make an example of them and subject them to ridicule and harassment and you ask me why it's a problem.
So are they stupid or malicious?

Sometimes stupid, rarely malicious but usually just suspicious. At least that's how it seems to me but racism obsessed lefties are always looking for victims.

There are no racism obsessed lefties.

We have people running around telling us black folks that we are always looking for racism. Now think about this for a minute. Blacks who want to get rid of racism are spending all their days going around looking for racism so we can stay upset, mad and stressed out. How stupid is that? There are some whites who have told me that I wake up only to go looking for racism. This kind of thinking strains the definition of sanity. So I wake up every morning, drink my coffee, then leave home to begin my daily search for a reason to be miserable, unhappy and angry.

Start making sense junior.
Personally I could give two fucks what a white person thinks about me saying something is racist, racially motivated. or this mythical racecard they keep bringing up. I'm going to continue to point out the behavior so other Black people dont feel like they are imagining things.

Who's property is the vacant playground? that's the thing that matters.
No that doesnt matter unless he was reported for trespassing.

I wish I could scream racist everytime I was treated unfairly.
Well when a group of black women make a multitude of false allegations until you end up getting arrested -- you are free to scream racism...

but women not giving you any pussy because you look like a foot wearing a wig and baseball cap isn't racist......or even unfair...

Now, I will wait to see how closet racists come to this thread and try to justify this BS....

This is the easy stuff. So EASY -- only morons are gonna try to justify it.. I didn't check -- how many "justifiers" did you find?? LOL...

BTW -- this happens without race being a consideration. Busybodies bee busybodies. And the grudges they can conjure up are more creative than latent racial prejudice.
Busy bodies don't accuse innocent people of being involved in attempted murders, pedophilia and etc just because they are bored...

Detroit judge tosses 'gardening while black' case brought by three white women

In the latest episode of calling the police on black folks for doing nothing -- we have 3 women teaming up to call the police on a black guy for having the audacity to try to build a community garden on a vacant playground.

When the women couldn't get police to respond to "black gardening" allegations, they stepped up the allegations (AGAIN THIS IS WHY I AM AGAINST AUTOMATICALLY BELIEVING ACCUSERS) -- by accusing the man of more serious crimes, from the article:

" Those culminated with allegations that Peeples was a pedophile, was in the park threatening Nash (one of the women) with a gun, and participated in a drive-by shooting."

The police department eventually decided to appease the women and charged the man with 3 counts of stalking since all three women claimed he stalked them. The charges were later thrown out by an obviously racist activist judge (E. Lynise Bryant) -- who called the claims ridiculous and troubling -- before dismissing the case she said "[The three white women] should be sitting at the defendant's table for stalking and harassment charges, not Mr. Peeples," Bryant said during the hearing. "This is disgusting and a waste of the court's time and resources," she added before granting the defense's motion for a directed verdict, which ended the case before it went in front of a jury.

Now, I will wait to see how closet racists come to this thread and try to justify this BS....

So he went to a playground and started planting squash or corn or something? That seems odd. I know a white guy who I'm going to send to a park to plant a few rows of corn and we'll see what happens.

In full disclosure:
we peaceful ptests I rgus afta whte man mudrdan inct black
That said, white folks are plenty racist around here. The klan was empowered by all them riots after the Michael Brown incident. All their in the closet supporters felt it necessary to voice their opinions and label themselves also. Even if the riots were absolutely the wrong way of going about it and set back race relations 20 years the reactions of the st louis wanna be klansppl proved the rioters were right.

Whites need to shut the fuck up about what sets race relations back. The decision by the prosecutor in the Brown murder to not take this to trial is what set back whatever progress you pretend has taken place.

First, am I white, black or something else?

Second, if that one man's decision made you so angry you can't value the potentially white man standing besides you calling out the crackers its time to calm down.

You aren't standing by my side when you blame blacks for setting back race relations while ignoring over 200 days of peaceful protests by blacks and an unjust decision made by the legal system that allowed a white cop to kill ab unnamed black man and get away with it. The white cop who killed the unarmed black person set race relations back. But for some reason whites can never be the ones setting race relations back. Funny how that happens in places like this.

The women who perpetrated this crime, and crime it is, should be prosecuted to the limit of the law and if found guilty sentenced to the maximum for their crime. All the racist bull shit on both sides buries the outrageousness of the womens actions in distracting nonsense.

There is only racist shit on one side. There is a reaction or opposition to racism on the other.
There is none so blind as he who won't see.

And you refuse to see.

This is the easy stuff. So EASY -- only morons are gonna try to justify it.. I didn't check -- how many "justifiers" did you find?? LOL...

BTW -- this happens without race being a consideration. Busybodies bee busybodies. And the grudges they can conjure up are more creative than latent racial prejudice.

You want so desperately to deny racism.

They should be attacked for calling the police on people committing no crimes.

One of the recent cases involved a woman who was concerned about two little girls who were in the company of a man who was obviously not their father. It seems weird in my opinion, for any male, regardless of his color, to be babysitting kids especially little girls. So why should she be subjected to media harassment for worrying about their safety?

Larry Nassar, white man, sexually molested over 150 little girls. But we don't see white women calling the police on white men babysitting children.

We don't see it because the media doesn't report on it, not because it doesn't happen.

We don't see it because it doesn't happen.

Uh huh, nobody ever gets the cops called on them for suspicious behavior but turn out to be innocent. Nobody except black dudes. Right.

Gardening is not a suspicious behavior.

In the latest episode of calling the police on black folks for doing nothing -- we have 3 women teaming up to call the police on a black guy for having the audacity to try to build a community garden on a vacant playground.

When the women couldn't get police to respond to "black gardening" allegations, they stepped up the allegations (AGAIN THIS IS WHY I AM AGAINST AUTOMATICALLY BELIEVING ACCUSERS) -- by accusing the man of more serious crimes, from the article:

" Those culminated with allegations that Peeples was a pedophile, was in the park threatening Nash (one of the women) with a gun, and participated in a drive-by shooting."

The police department eventually decided to appease the women and charged the man with 3 counts of stalking since all three women claimed he stalked them. The charges were later thrown out by an obviously racist activist judge (E. Lynise Bryant) -- who called the claims ridiculous and troubling -- before dismissing the case she said "[The three white women] should be sitting at the defendant's table for stalking and harassment charges, not Mr. Peeples," Bryant said during the hearing. "This is disgusting and a waste of the court's time and resources," she added before granting the defense's motion for a directed verdict, which ended the case before it went in front of a jury.

Seems kinda suspicious a lone guy digging up a vacant lot, I don't care what fucking color he is.

Seems kinda suspicious a lone guy digging up a vacant lot, I don't care what fucking color he is.
Why is this so suspicious to you??

Communities across the country have gardens in them very much like the one in this story...

Community-Gardens_PP-2016-CG-Tour_Hope-with-Gardens-in-Vine-City.jpg

No but I do find disturbing this current media trend of attacking white women for calling the police on black people.
Why?

Well -- it doesn't always turn out wrong. Hard to TELL if it's latent racism UNTIL it gets checked out. We're all here asking questions about THIS incident and we STILL don't have all the information..

People SHOULD be lectured/chastized IF it turns out to be latent or active racism..

No it's not hard to tell. But when you want to deny racism exists you don't want to see obvious instances of it.

I'm not talking about the REASON for the police report. I'm talking about whether or not it is warranted. And the MAJORITY of the time -- it is. And I already stated what should be done if it was phony and only race motivated.

Somewhere along the line, some black people got the idea that white, orange, yellow, tan folks can just get away with NOT COOPERATING with the police, not producing ID, not answering questions and being belligerent. That doesn't work even if you're a big muck.. .

All of them words you typed....and still they have nothing to do with why a guy planting a garden in his community warrants him being accused of attempted murder

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
One of the recent cases involved a woman who was concerned about two little girls who were in the company of a man who was obviously not their father. It seems weird in my opinion, for any male, regardless of his color, to be babysitting kids especially little girls. So why should she be subjected to media harassment for worrying about their safety?

Larry Nassar, white man, sexually molested over 150 little girls. But we don't see white women calling the police on white men babysitting children.

We don't see it because the media doesn't report on it, not because it doesn't happen.

Uh huh, nobody ever gets the cops called on them for suspicious behavior but turn out to be innocent. Nobody except black dudes. Right.

The question was, has anyone ever called 911 on a white person for suspicious behavior but it turned out to be nothing? If so, why aren't these events reported by corporate media outlets like CNN?

Communities across the country have gardens in them very much like the one in this story...

I'm saying one guy digging by himself in a vacant lot is worthy of the cops going to see what's happening, that's all.

The question was, has anyone ever called 911 on a white person for suspicious behavior but it turned out to be nothing? If so, why aren't these events reported by corporate media outlets like CNN?
No, the question wasn't has anyone called 911 on a white person for suspicious behavior -- the question is -- has anyone called 911 on a white person for gardening, for cutting his yard, for entering her own gated community, for using their own community pool, etc etc etc....

I am sure you can find many of those stories -- since you always manage to find excuses for being a racist...

I'm saying one guy digging by himself in a vacant lot is worthy of the cops going to see what's happening, that's all.
You assume he was always by himself.........he wasn't....you assume he broke a law....he didn't..

You continue to assume that him being accused of attempted murder is due to the fact he was digging in a vacant lot -- which makes you an idiot..

Forum List

Back