Despite highest poverty numbers in 50 years, Obama okays illegals to compete for jobs in US

Obama has not handed out a single additional green card, so you fail.
You are stupid you continue to verify what Gruber said about you and people like you. What will it take for you to stop defending the tyrant obama?
Gruber is right about you
Gruber was talking about obamacare and those who supported it's passage. I have never nor do I now support it. So he was talking about you.

That's an interesting point.

Anyone who has supported the ACA should be insulted by Gruber's many comments.

But they're not, by and large. I wonder why.

I'll explain it to you, then.

The people he was referring to probably still don't know about him or his comments. They are not paying attention. They are bumper sticker idiots. Anyone who is really informed about the issue isn't upset as Gruber wasn't speaking about us. Meaning....those of us who understand the issue and the fact that the health care system in this nation needed to be fixed. Even those of us who think the ACA falls short.

In the face of a relentless RW misinformation campaign aimed at uninformed idiots.....the drafters of the bill decided spin a little. The horror!!!

Mac and Big Derp.......simpatico!!!!!! Life is beautiful.

We never had illegals competing with Americans for low wage jobs before Obama took office.

So because they have before that means we should now REWARD them for first breaking into our country, breaking our laws and now give them papers that will allow them to collect off our Welfare system and also, VOTE

Damn, what a gig eh

Obama has not handed out a single additional green card, so you fail.
You are stupid you continue to verify what Gruber said about you and people like you. What will it take for you to stop defending the tyrant obama?
Gruber is right about you
Gruber was talking about obamacare and those who supported it's passage. I have never nor do I now support it. So he was talking about you.

That's an interesting point.

Anyone who has supported the ACA should be insulted by Gruber's many comments.

But they're not, by and large. I wonder why.

I'll explain it to you, then.

The people he was referring to probably still don't know about him or his comments. They are not paying attention. They are bumper sticker idiots. Anyone who is really informed about the issue isn't upset as Gruber wasn't speaking about us. Meaning....those of us who understand the issue and the fact that the health care system in this nation needed to be fixed. Even those of us who think the ACA falls short.

In the face of a relentless RW misinformation campaign aimed at uninformed idiots.....the drafters of the bill decided spin a little. The horror!!!

Mac and Big Derp.......simpatico!!!!!! Life is beautiful.
jokey he was talking about obamacare and the stupidity of those who support it. people like you. If he was talking about the right and those who opposed it he would never have come back with I misspoke I spoke off the cuff.

As usual, and right on cue, the Republicans' messaging on this whole episode has been horrific.

They could have responded to this in two ways:

1. By calmly explaining and reinforcing their desire to enforce existing law, ultimately deporting anyone who is here illegally and indirectly causing them to "self deport".

2. By screaming "AAAUUUGHHH! He's a Marxist! He's a dictator! He can't do that! AAAUUUGHHHH! That's unconstitutional! He's an emperor! AUUUUUGHHHH!"

Which route do you s'pose they chose?

Maybe they know that the first option would be a lousy political move and have decided to just go postal, who knows.

And yet the far left wants to make new laws that will not be enforced.

The Republican House tried to do this earlier in 2014, for the DACA program, passing a bill that would have prevented anyone new from signing up, and preventing current beneficiaries from renewing. Democrats controlled the Senate, so it didn't come to the floor there. Once Republicans take control of the Senate in the New Year, they could pass a similar bill — but Obama would almost certainly veto it.

Rather than a standalone bill, Congress could attach riders killing Obama's immigration programs to the annual appropriations bills. If Obama vetoed the bills (or if Senate Democrats filibustered them) then we'll have another government shutdown.

That would be a very risky move politically. Do you think the GOP has the messaging skills to explain that strategy?

I sure as hell haven't seen it.

Well considering they are not in power in the senate yet, the far left will just have to wait and see.

Then again one has to get the message through the far left media, they most likely skew the message if report it all. So you need to get with your far left buddies and tell them to let the message through without far left spin..

It won't, illegals will continue doing the jobs they do, only not getting arrested, and paying taxes.
I think you are laboring under some misconceptions here, do you think he just gave amnesty to everyone?
OK what exactly do you call what he did.
He expanded deportation relief for people brought here as children and refocused enforcement on criminals as well as expanding border security. How does that constitute letting five million (!) illegals into the country to take our jobs?
It's called amnesty
Obama has not granted amnesty to anyone and has no authority to do so.

Obama said over and over and there's video to prove it that he could not do what he ended up doing.
To not enforce a law and say to someone I'm not taking action against you is granting amnesty. right?

Amnesty (from the Greek ἀμνηστία amnestia (Amnesty, Wm Chrichton Μεγα Ελληνο-Αγγλικον Λεξικον 1960) is defined as: "A pardon extended by the government to a group or class of persons, usually for a political offense; the act of a sovereign power officially forgiving certain classes of persons who are subject to trial but have not yet been convicted.

I think you are laboring under some misconceptions here, do you think he just gave amnesty to everyone?
He expanded deportation relief for people brought here as children and refocused enforcement on criminals as well as expanding border security. How does that constitute letting five million (!) illegals into the country to take our jobs?
It's called amnesty

Obama said over and over and there's video to prove it that he could not do what he ended up doing.
To not enforce a law and say to someone I'm not taking action against you is granting amnesty. right?

Amnesty (from the Greek ἀμνηστία amnestia (Amnesty, Wm Chrichton Μεγα Ελληνο-Αγγλικον Λεξικον 1960) is defined as: "A pardon extended by the government to a group or class of persons, usually for a political offense; the act of a sovereign power officially forgiving certain classes of persons who are subject to trial but have not yet been convicted.
Interesting link about how obama defenders can say he did not violate the rule of law.
President Obama Distorts Amnesty to Sell His Executive Actions

It's called amnesty

No, Obama's order is not officially law and can be changed with a stroke of a pen by the next president. An amnesty would involve making it entirely legal to stay with the full force of law behind it and be like a permanent visa. These people are still subject to deportation, we are just not going to do it to some the ones who have been here since they were kids.

As usual, and right on cue, the Republicans' messaging on this whole episode has been horrific.

They could have responded to this in two ways:

1. By calmly explaining and reinforcing their desire to enforce existing law, ultimately deporting anyone who is here illegally and indirectly causing them to "self deport".

2. By screaming "AAAUUUGHHH! He's a Marxist! He's a dictator! He can't do that! AAAUUUGHHHH! That's unconstitutional! He's an emperor! AUUUUUGHHHH!"

Which route do you s'pose they chose?

Maybe they know that the first option would be a lousy political move and have decided to just go postal, who knows.

And yet the far left wants to make new laws that will not be enforced.

The Republican House tried to do this earlier in 2014, for the DACA program, passing a bill that would have prevented anyone new from signing up, and preventing current beneficiaries from renewing. Democrats controlled the Senate, so it didn't come to the floor there. Once Republicans take control of the Senate in the New Year, they could pass a similar bill — but Obama would almost certainly veto it.

Rather than a standalone bill, Congress could attach riders killing Obama's immigration programs to the annual appropriations bills. If Obama vetoed the bills (or if Senate Democrats filibustered them) then we'll have another government shutdown.

That would be a very risky move politically. Do you think the GOP has the messaging skills to explain that strategy?

I sure as hell haven't seen it.

Well considering they are not in power in the senate yet, the far left will just have to wait and see.

Then again one has to get the message through the far left media, they most likely skew the message if report it all. So you need to get with your far left buddies and tell them to let the message through without far left spin..

If the GOP really thinks that they can accomplish nothing because the media is against them, that there is absolutely nothing they can do to get their message through (or to improve it), then I wonder why they bother. Is it just to stop the Democrats from causing further damage? The Republican party is now just reduced to saying "no"?

If that's the case, I assume the only time they'll offer leadership is if and when they control the White House and all of Congress. It sure would be nice if a major party had more confidence in itself.

It's called amnesty

No, Obama's order is not officially law and can be changed with a stroke of a pen by the next president. An amnesty would involve making it entirely legal to stay with the full force of law behind it and be like a permanent visa. These people are still subject to deportation, we are just not going to do it to the ones who have been here since they were kids.
ex·ec·u·tive or·der
noun
LAWUS
  1. a rule or order issued by the president to an executive branch of the government and having the force of law.

It's called amnesty

No, Obama's order is not officially law and can be changed with a stroke of a pen by the next president. An amnesty would involve making it entirely legal to stay with the full force of law behind it and be like a permanent visa. These people are still subject to deportation, we are just not going to do it to the ones who have been here since they were kids.
ex·ec·u·tive or·der
noun
LAWUS
  1. a rule or order issued by the president to an executive branch of the government and having the force of law.
It's still not amnesty because their immigration status is unchanged from "in the country illegally".

We never had illegals competing with Americans for low wage jobs before Obama took office.
Not on this wide spread number and during a bad economy and with 92 million Americans out of work.

American workers are not going to take those jobs for those wages.

The wages would have to rise if the illegal labor supply wasn't here. This is one of the big hypocrisies of the political left on this subject. On one hand you people complain about not enough people in this country having a "living" wage and then on the other hand you support low wage, low skilled labor.

I guess it's okay in your eyes as long as it's brown people getting the shaft, right? I mean, heaven forbid white people would have to dirty their hands.....

It's called amnesty

ex·ec·u·tive or·der
noun
LAWUS
It's still not amnesty because their immigration status is unchanged from "in the country illegally".
Define amnesty?

oh well for you legal citizens here. Dear Leader has spoken and just sold you out.

SNIP;
posted at 4:01 pm on November 21, 2014 by Bruce McQuain
  • 2K SHARES
It simply doesn’t make sense in any sort of context that says the job of the President of the United States is to look after the welfare of the country’s citizens:

The official U.S. unemployment rate has indeed fallen steadily during the past few years, but the economic recovery has created the fewest jobs relative to the previous employment peak of any prior recovery. The labor-force participation rate recently touched a 36-year low of 62.7%. The number of Americans not in the labor force set a record high of 92.6 million in September. Part-time work and long-term unemployment are still well above levels from before the financial crisis.
Worse, middle-class incomes continue to fall during the recovery, losing even more ground than during the December 2007 to June 2009 recession. The number in poverty has also continued to soar, to about 50 million Americans. That is the highest level in the more than 50 years that the U.S. Census has been tracking poverty. Income inequality has risen more in the past few years than at any recent time.

The true indicator of the actual unemployment rate is the labor participation rate. It is at a 36 year low. The fudged numbers used by the US government hides the actual depth of joblessness problem. And, frankly, it’s a “buyers market” in the labor market. Lots of labor competition for few jobs. That’s one reason you don’t see incomes rising and you do see underemployed Americans.

all of it here:
Despite highest poverty numbers in 50 years Obama okays illegals to compete for jobs in US Hot Air

Rather than limited our compassion to those who belong within our borders and giving the finger to everyone outside our borders, we should instead see everyone as equal regardless of what side of the line they're on. Nationalism sucks. We're all citizens of the same planet sharing in identical fate. Pretending there's a fundamental difference between Americans and Mexicans is believing an arbitraily defined construct is real, the lines on a map. Rather we're all just people, no better or worse than anyone else.

How much confidence does anyone have that we know who these people are, where they are and what they are doing relative to working, education, paying taxes and not engaging in criminal activity. Finding a few heroes to stand behind the president while he babbles, proves nothing.

ex·ec·u·tive or·der
noun
LAWUS
Define amnesty?
I already did a few posts back. No one has been issued permanent visas and green cards by his actions, that would constitute an amnesty.

oh well for you legal citizens here. Dear Leader has spoken and just sold you out.

SNIP;
posted at 4:01 pm on November 21, 2014 by Bruce McQuain
  • 2K SHARES
It simply doesn’t make sense in any sort of context that says the job of the President of the United States is to look after the welfare of the country’s citizens:

The official U.S. unemployment rate has indeed fallen steadily during the past few years, but the economic recovery has created the fewest jobs relative to the previous employment peak of any prior recovery. The labor-force participation rate recently touched a 36-year low of 62.7%. The number of Americans not in the labor force set a record high of 92.6 million in September. Part-time work and long-term unemployment are still well above levels from before the financial crisis.
Worse, middle-class incomes continue to fall during the recovery, losing even more ground than during the December 2007 to June 2009 recession. The number in poverty has also continued to soar, to about 50 million Americans. That is the highest level in the more than 50 years that the U.S. Census has been tracking poverty. Income inequality has risen more in the past few years than at any recent time.

The true indicator of the actual unemployment rate is the labor participation rate. It is at a 36 year low. The fudged numbers used by the US government hides the actual depth of joblessness problem. And, frankly, it’s a “buyers market” in the labor market. Lots of labor competition for few jobs. That’s one reason you don’t see incomes rising and you do see underemployed Americans.

all of it here:
Despite highest poverty numbers in 50 years Obama okays illegals to compete for jobs in US Hot Air

Rather than limited our compassion to those who belong within our borders and giving the finger to everyone outside our borders, we should instead see everyone as equal regardless of what side of the line they're on. Nationalism sucks. We're all citizens of the same planet sharing in identical fate. Pretending there's a fundamental difference between Americans and Mexicans is believing an arbitraily defined construct is real, the lines on a map. Rather we're all just people, no better or worse than anyone else.
Thank you Barack....now GFY.

Forum List

Back