Despicable

I lived in a mostly Black neighborhood in Queens, New York back in the early 70s.

Never had a problem. I had an Austin Healy bug-eye in those days, and when I first moved into the neighborhood, I realized that my car was sticking out like a sore thumb screaming (in international orange, I might add) STEAL THIS CAR.

I even knew the kids who were most likely to steal it, too. They were about 14 or so and I knew I was in trouble.

So what did I do?

I started talking to the kids and hanging out on the stoop. Eventually I took them for a ride in the buggy (it is a hell of a lot of fun this tiny car). Then I even took two of them (that was crowded, let me tell ya) up to Bear Mountain and give each of them lessons on how to drive an underpowered English sports car.

First neither of these kids had ever been out of the city, secondly they were learning to drive one of the most fun cars to drive known to man.

My car was never touched. It's ragtop never slashed. I was part of the neighborhood in a small way. Not a brother, but not the enemy, either.

Yeah I know...a happy story, and there aren't a whole lot of those in life, are there?

Not sure my experience today would be anywhere so benign.

where you lived is probably now gentrified and has apartments going for in excess of $500,000. so depends on what you see as benign.

good for you, btw.

we lived in a very good neighborhood growing up. very middle class. very mixed. great schools. the very nearby projects were mostly, as far as i knew, working class people... bus drivers, secretaries... people who were moving up the ladder. i remember one of the (white) kids in our building broke the antenna off of my dad's car in the parking lot once. my dad knew exactly who it was and was seething. but he took the kid out for breakfast and had a chat with him. i don't know if they ever discussed the antenna. but i remember the kid being very sheepish.

Leave it to Beaver.

I lived in a mostly Black neighborhood in Queens, New York back in the early 70s.

Never had a problem. I had an Austin Healy bug-eye in those days, and when I first moved into the neighborhood, I realized that my car was sticking out like a sore thumb screaming (in international orange, I might add) STEAL THIS CAR.

I even knew the kids who were most likely to steal it, too. They were about 14 or so and I knew I was in trouble.

So what did I do?

I started talking to the kids and hanging out on the stoop. Eventually I took them for a ride in the buggy (it is a hell of a lot of fun this tiny car). Then I even took two of them (that was crowded, let me tell ya) up to Bear Mountain and give each of them lessons on how to drive an underpowered English sports car.

First neither of these kids had ever been out of the city, secondly they were learning to drive one of the most fun cars to drive known to man.

My car was never touched. It's ragtop never slashed. I was part of the neighborhood in a small way. Not a brother, but not the enemy, either.

Yeah I know...a happy story, and there aren't a whole lot of those in life, are there?

Not sure my experience today would be anywhere so benign.

where you lived is probably now gentrified and has apartments going for in excess of $500,000. so depends on what you see as benign.

good for you, btw.

we lived in a very good neighborhood growing up. very middle class. very mixed. great schools. the very nearby projects were mostly, as far as i knew, working class people... bus drivers, secretaries... people who were moving up the ladder. i remember one of the (white) kids in our building broke the antenna off of my dad's car in the parking lot once. my dad knew exactly who it was and was seething. but he took the kid out for breakfast and had a chat with him. i don't know if they ever discussed the antenna. but i remember the kid being very sheepish.

Leave it to Beaver.

not really. my dad is almost 6'2" and rode around on a motorcycle and wore a leather jacket back in the day. the kid was terrified of him. :D

i was the only kid i knew who went to the orthodontist with a motorcycle helmet under her arm.

Last edited:
because, like most racists, he's a coward and he's afraid of his own shadow... unless he's flexing his internet muscles.

there's really good jerk chicken on 125th street, fwiw.

I have no problem living working associating with blacks, I have to because I would allinate some family members if I did that, and wouldn't be able to eat any more of aunt Claire's fried chicken, unless she brought it to me. Holy shit that woman can cook.

i do believe fried chicken is the way to a southern man's heart...

black or white. :rofl:

Chicken to me is like steak is to someone else

I have no problem living working associating with blacks, I have to because I would allinate some family members if I did that, and wouldn't be able to eat any more of aunt Claire's fried chicken, unless she brought it to me. Holy shit that woman can cook.

Chicken to me is like steak is to someone else

i hear ya!

good for you, btw.

Leave it to Beaver.

not really. my dad is almost 6'2" and rode around on a motorcycle and wore a leather jacket back in the day. the kid was terrified of him. :D

So terrified of him that he ripped the antenna off his car, then went to eat breakfast with him.

Paraphrasing Judge Judy, "if it doesn't make sense, then it's probably not true".

because, like most racists, he's a coward and he's afraid of his own shadow... unless he's flexing his internet muscles.

there's really good jerk chicken on 125th street, fwiw.

Any region too

Took me years to perfect mine :)

Leave it to Beaver.

So terrified of him that he ripped the antenna off his car, then went to eat breakfast with him.

Paraphrasing Judge Judy, "if it doesn't make sense, then it's probably not true".

you know, i find people like you who like calling me a liar...

are compulsive liars themselves.

true story.

and, frankly, i know what's true. i don't really care what a loser like you thinks. you know, give it's not like you're an upstanding member of the community or anything.

and for the record, he was a stupid kid and didn't think he'd get caught. you know how that is, right?

Last edited:

you know, i find people like you who like calling me a liar...

are compulsive liars themselves.

true story.

and, frankly, i know what's true. i don't really care what a loser like you thinks. you know, give it's not like you're an upstanding member of the community or anything.

and for the record, he was a stupid kid and didn't think he'd get caught. you know how that is, right?

Well you're free to believe whatever fantasy you want. But logic isn't on your side.

The kids breaks the antenna off a car that belongs to a man that he fears, then goes to eat breakfast with him. It just doesn't make sense.

And speaking of liars, as an attorney ( of which I'm not convinced) I'm sure you have had plenty of practice distorting the truth.

I don't post here too often (although I think I may start posting here regularly) so forgive me if this has been posted already and feel free to close or merge it if it has.

Pretty immature and disturbing. The liberal leftwing site Wonkette decided to make fun of Palin's 3-year old Down Syndrome child on his birthday. Some of the things they posted included...

Is Palin his true mother? Or was Bristol? (And why is it that nobody questions who the father is? Because, either way, Todd definitely did it.)

On Trig's birthday Sarah posted a poem to Trig on her website that used the words "Oh, sweet baby boy what are you dreaming about" several times. The Wonkette mocked it by saying “What’s he dreaming about? Nothing. He’s retarded.”

Pretty sad people have to be so low and cowardly. Retard and incest jokes? Really?

When politics makes you act like a complete classless jackass with no morals or decency it's time to take a step back and re-evaluate yourself.

Liberal Website Mercilessly Mocks Down Syndrome Suffering Trig Palin On His Birthday

trig-and-palin.jpg

On Monday, Trig Palin celebrated his third birthday. Trig, as many of you know, is the youngest son of Sarah and Todd Palin. He also has down syndrome.

Since Sarah Palin has come onto the national scene, as of several years ago, Trig has been subject to some vicious attacks. And on the occasion of his birthday, it was no different. On Monday, the snarky liberal website Wonkette “celebrated” Trig’s birthday by posting a malicious item about the toddler which left blogs like Newbusters and Mediaite reeling. The Wonkette item is titled “Greatest Living American: A Children’s Treasury of Trig Crap On His Birthday.”

From Wonkette, about Trig:

That strange man yelling unintelligibly at Sarah Palin? He’s merely a lowly shepherd proclaiming the birth of our savior. Today is the day we come together to celebrate the snowbilly grifter’s magical journey from Texas to Alaska to deliver to the America the great gentleman scholar Trig Palin. Is Palin his true mother? Or was Bristol? (And why is it that nobody questions who the father is? Because, either way, Todd definitely did it.) It doesn’t matter. What matters is that we are privileged to live in a time when we can witness the greatest prop in world political history.

The Palins celebrated Trig’s birthday by posting a poem by “Lynda” about Trig on their website–which Wonkette includes in its post.

Sweet Angel Boy…
Oh, little boy what are you dreaming about
Candy canes and mom’s sweet hugs

Oh, sweet baby boy what are you dreaming about
Play cars…trains…planes and a daddy’s strong hands as he lifts you high and makes you laugh…oh, how safe you feel in those hands

Oh, little boy what are dreaming about
Sisters who play with you…and teach you new words
Oh, as you sleep little boy what are you dreaming about
A big bother that carries you on his shoulders…as he shows you the blue sky

Oh, little boy what are you dreaming about
A mother’s soft lullaby…the soft touch of her hand…the soft sound of her voice as she says “I Love You”
Dream on little boy as the Angels stand guard

The Wonkette blogger asks: “What’s he dreaming about? Nothing. He’s retarded.”

Mediaite notes that Wonkette‘s insulting jabs are the result of Wonkette’s annoyance with “Palin’s tendency to use her son’s disability as a prop or a strategic tool to help win favor and further her political career.”

Even so, Mediaite says that this is not an excuse to take aim at a young and innocent–disabled and vulnerable–child who never asked to be in the spotlight:

We know how we feel about it, of course. Going after Palin for (arguably) using her son’s condition to her advantage is one thing, but the post wasn’t simply insulting to Palin. (Or to the author of that… rather interesting bit of poetry.) It was insulting to a young child who, while now in the spotlight, never asked to be. So why criticize that which you hate by becoming a part of it?

Another Mediaite writer, White House reporter Tommy Christopher, went even further. Via twitter, he wrote, “Wonkette’s Reprehensible Birthday Greeting to Trig Palin is an Irredeemable Blight – I will never link them again.”

Newsbusters hit Wonkette hard, as well, calling the post “disgraceful.” Newsbusters asks the million dollar question: “What has become of today’s liberalism that makes it acceptable to attack the mentally handicapped if they or their parents are conservatives?”

Liberal Website Mercilessly Mocks Down Syndrome Suffering Trig Palin On His Birthday | The Blaze

UPDATE - Since the article appeared on Wonkette there has been some updates. Advertisers bail on Wonkette, they issue an apology that's not really an apology and they pull the article.

Liberal Website ‘Wonkette’ Pulls Reprehensible Post About Trig Palin, Issuing Half-Hearted ‘Apology’ | The Blaze

Last edited:
Is this at least the second thread on this?

In any case as I always say idiots are not restricted to either party.
the problem lies with those who pay attention to idiots.

And yet that's not what you say when it's the right wing. Fucking hypocrite, pretending your outraged about it. No one falls for your faux concern.

Here I *thought* Ana Marie Cox had a few shreds of decency.

Seems I was mistaken.

I'd need evidence before I credited her with having some decency to lose.

:eek:UH OH!!!:eek:

Seems CG has lost her mojo and uscitizen found it.

Yeah, this is already been posted.

Shooter, if you put the subject into the search section you can find out such things ahead of time.

Here I *thought* Ana Marie Cox had a few shreds of decency.

Seems I was mistaken.

Shooter, if you put the subject into the search section you can find out such things ahead of time.

Apparently, under Obama, mojo must be equally distributed. I had to give up mine for the less intelligent to have some. :evil:

This is the first time I have even heard of this website.
But I do love how, instead of just saying Palin's son they have to add the downs syndrome part in there for the dramatic effect. I know I sure would like being called "the down syndrome kid".
If they did do this, it is terrible, but I am getting sick of people using Trig. I think maybe you should start by calling him Sarah Palin's child, not Sarah Palin's down syndrome child. ;)

Apparently, under Obama, mojo must be equally distributed. I had to give up mine for the less intelligent to have some. :evil:

Ouch!

California Girl
Tricky Bitch :eusa_whistle:
Member #21210

And yet that's not what you say when it's the right wing. Fucking hypocrite, pretending your outraged about it. No one falls for your faux concern.

I have actually seen him say the same sort of thing when it comes to the other side.
But good job stereotyping. :clap2:

Forum List

Back