Depo shot included with welfare, food stamps?

Is this a good or bad idea?

• This is a good idea

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • This is a bad idea

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I have a better idea

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Depo-Provera - Birth Control Shot

Four times a year, still has to be cheaper than another mouth on welfare.

$35-100 per shot, plus exam, on the county dime. Will cut down on abortions as well.

Agree or disagree, and please give your reasons.

Agree, not that it necessarily has to be depo. I would prefer tubal ligation for these people. I mean no disrespect to low income people, being one myself, but I do not receive welfare nor do i have babies. and if I did, I would pay for it myself- as it should be. No free rides. If someone has a child, that child needs to be supported at all costs, even if it's by the government (which i do not support, but see as a necessary evil). If, however, people are to continue to receive aid, they must agree to long term or even permanent birth control.

I realize that seems harsh or even unfair, and I certainly respect other people's opinions on this matter. However, the resources necessary to provide for these government programs are disappearing fast, and a more permanent solution needs to be made. If people keep having babies they cannot afford, ultimately, it's those children who will suffer.

$35-100 per shot, plus exam, on the county dime. Will cut down on abortions as well.

Agree, not that it necessarily has to be depo. I would prefer tubal ligation for these people. I mean no disrespect to low income people, being one myself, but I do not receive welfare nor do i have babies. and if I did, I would pay for it myself- as it should be. No free rides. If someone has a child, that child needs to be supported at all costs, even if it's by the government (which i do not support, but see as a necessary evil). If, however, people are to continue to receive aid, they must agree to long term or even permanent birth control.

I realize that seems harsh or even unfair, and I certainly respect other people's opinions on this matter. However, the resources necessary to provide for these government programs are disappearing fast, and a more permanent solution needs to be made. If people keep having babies they cannot afford, ultimately, it's those children who will suffer.

…and is in fact un-Constitutional.

…and is in fact un-Constitutional.

Not really. It's 100% optional, not forced. Besides, one could make a good argument that welfare is unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back