Deployments!!

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
In the eight years since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, American troops have deployed almost 3.3 million times to Iraq and Afghanistan, according to Defense Department data.

The numbers, as of October 2009, show that more than 2 million men and women have shouldered those deployments, with 793,000 of them deploying more than once.

Here’s a look at how the numbers break down by service:

• Army. More than 1 million soldiers have deployed since the beginning of the wars. These 1 million soldiers have completed 1.5 million deployment events, with 352,700 deploying more than once.
2 million troops have deployed since 9/11 - Navy News, news from Iraq - Navy Times

Young men and women from our nation since 9-11 have done the hard work and continue to do so every minute of everyday and as you can see a lot of them have done so many timess. This holiday season , if possible and you see one of these young people go up to them and thank them for that hard work and let them know that they are appreciated.

I wish they could all come home and stay home and get married, and watch their sons and daughters grow!

Merry Christmas Navy!

I wish they could all come home and stay home and get married, and watch their sons and daughters grow! Merry Christmas Navy!

I got out of the Navy and did that, now I wish I was in a trench in Afganistan surrounded by Talaban.

At least you can legally kille the Talaban.

Forum List

Back