Deny your faith...or fail?

No, the problem is that you think everyone should be forced to go by YOUR religious views, instead of having their Constitutional right to hold their own views respected...

Meaning that you think just like ISIS and the Taliban...

No wonder the Army put you out (if you're not flat out lying about your military service to begin with), since that view would be inconsistent with your oath to protect and defend the Constitution.

So you are back to making comments about me because you can't really defend your position.

she picked this class. She picked this professor. Obviously, she lacks the maturity to do college level work.

This "professor" sounds like a fruitcake and needs to find a new line of work

Professor fails student for refusing to condemn her Christian faith

• Lj Russum, a humanities professor, allegedly assigned papers that forced students to deny the existence of God and contest that Christianity is oppressive to women.
  • Subsequently, a 16-year-old student received a “zero” on four essay assignments.
A professor at Polk State College has allegedly failed a humanities student after she refused to concede that Jesus is a “myth” or that Christianity oppresses women during a series of mandatory assignments at the Florida college.

According to a press release from the Liberty Counsel, a non-profit public interest law firm, Humanities Professor Lance "Lj" Russum gave a student a “zero” on four separate papers because the 16-year-old did not “conform to his personal worldviews of Marxism, Atheism, Feminism, and homosexuality.” The law firm has called for a full, private investigation of the professor and the course curriculum.

The course description for the class, “ copy of Russum’s class outline, riddled with grammatical errors, says.

“We have much to thank of [sic] humans like Michelangelo who took a sacred space, a temple to god, and made it a HUMAN space, a space where humanism can meet with god and discourse,” one course assignment read. “Finally humanity and the gods are on equal footing and that is what the myths of Hercules, Apollo and Jesus are all about—the divine becoming human and human being divine."

Professor fails student for refusing to condemn her Christian faith

Number of classes related to rational thinking, debate, even law. You have to take and prove a point of view you might not agree with. You need to learnt to see both sides of an argument and evaluate with logic, not emotions or preconceived prejudice.

It teaches student to take a scientific approach to a subject or problem. If the assignment was to "prove" there is a man in the moon, that is what you have to attempt to the best of your ability, with facts and probability.
You have to separate fact from faith. Being critical of things you believe is a first step. If you bring religion into a science lab, you are not seeking truth and are not being objective.

If the student can't follow the assignment, they have no business in the class. School is not there to affirm fairy tales. It is there to teach student to think and learn to seek facts, to step outside of their box and look at things from a different perspective, a scientific search for truth and to ask even more questions.

She got an A and failed to do what was required and plagiarized on top of it. No Christian persecution here. Here is the material, here are the questions, and now answer the questions related to the material and not how you feel about the material. Not to mention that this occurred in May.

Some people like to bellyache for a long, long time. "We're being persecuted, the sky is falling, aaaaaah!!!"

You can see why people that are shackled to a religious view of life are so dangerous. They absolutely refuse to see anyone else's opinion. Once you get the education then you can make better judgements about opinions, until then you are a child trying to argue with adults.

You can see why people that are shackled to a religious view of life are so dangerous. They absolutely refuse to see anyone else's opinion. Once you get the education then you can make better judgements about opinions, until then you are a child trying to argue with adults.

She is all of 16. I'm having a hard time seeing where she is dangerous. I can see where an online class limits the context. I can see where a 16 year old that may be the shizzle in high school has never had the requirement to think objectively but dangerous? The only danger she presents is to herself. She limits herself. Hell, there are adults that can't differentiate between subjective and objective and spend their entire time looking for ill.

She is all of 16. I'm having a hard time seeing where she is dangerous. I can see where an online class limits the context. I can see where a 16 year old that may be the shizzle in high school has never had the requirement to think objectively but dangerous? The only danger she presents is to herself. She limits herself. Hell, there are adults that can't differentiate between subjective and objective and spend their entire time looking for ill.

Uh........you need to learn to extrapolate and see further than the end of your nose. First though, look up extrapolate.

Uh........you need to learn to extrapolate and see further than the end of your nose. First though, look up extrapolate.

Uh.........It still doesn't tell me how she is dangerous. The only danger here is using a 16 year old as a political football. I can stroll right over to the Religion forum and find an atheist that can't manage to differentiate between objective and subjective. Given the changes that have been made to the education system it might be better to discuss the inability to develop critical thinking skills and that.........might get somewhere.

Legal gibberish, if this professor made these demands termination is in order

The Liberty Counsel has a flare for dramatics and a penchant for playing fast loose with the facts. Besides, they can't even prove their case which is why it appears all they have done is send a sharply worded letter to Polk State College. She got an 'A' for the class so it is going to be quite difficult to prove she was discriminated against for her religious beliefs.
Isn't the Liberty Counsel the ones that lied about Kim Davis' "audience" with the Pope?

Another fact Christianity has been criminalized in liberal urban areas of this country... Back in the 80's George Orwell's 1984 was required reading for school.

Fiction book back then... Just the date is look'n to be off. Well on our way political correctness is the first step.

Common sense is absent in all of politics and political correctness ... The Muslim faith is the most violent religion in all of history.

Silly progressives will be the first targeted by the Muslim crosshairs after any takeover.

Go figure they are intolerant to the most tolerant(born again Christians) and tolerate to the most intolerant(death to infidel Muslims).

That movie idiocracy is very fitting to the progressive masses...
So much for YOUR critical thinking skills.

Uh.........It still doesn't tell me how she is dangerous. The only danger here is using a 16 year old as a political football. I can stroll right over to the Religion forum and find an atheist that can't manage to differentiate between objective and subjective. Given the changes that have been made to the education system it might be better to discuss the inability to develop critical thinking skills and that.........might get somewhere.

There are 5 year olds that have been brainwashed with the same religious zealotry. Barney bugwit I'm talking about the brainwashing and rigidness of rejecting even the studying of other viewpoints.

Its like talking to 12 year olds here.

Forum List

Back