Deny your faith...or fail?

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
This "professor" sounds like a fruitcake and needs to find a new line of work

Professor fails student for refusing to condemn her Christian faith

• Lj Russum, a humanities professor, allegedly assigned papers that forced students to deny the existence of God and contest that Christianity is oppressive to women.
  • Subsequently, a 16-year-old student received a “zero” on four essay assignments.

A professor at Polk State College has allegedly failed a humanities student after she refused to concede that Jesus is a “myth” or that Christianity oppresses women during a series of mandatory assignments at the Florida college.

According to a press release from the Liberty Counsel, a non-profit public interest law firm, Humanities Professor Lance "Lj" Russum gave a student a “zero” on four separate papers because the 16-year-old did not “conform to his personal worldviews of Marxism, Atheism, Feminism, and homosexuality.” The law firm has called for a full, private investigation of the professor and the course curriculum.

The course description for the class, “ copy of Russum’s class outline, riddled with grammatical errors, says.

“We have much to thank of [sic] humans like Michelangelo who took a sacred space, a temple to god, and made it a HUMAN space, a space where humanism can meet with god and discourse,” one course assignment read. “Finally humanity and the gods are on equal footing and that is what the myths of Hercules, Apollo and Jesus are all about—the divine becoming human and human being divine."

Professor fails student for refusing to condemn her Christian faith

In the sense that debate classes often make students take a side in an arguement they may not personally hold, I'd agree when it comes to religion some things shouldn't be used in the same way. But I'd say that was the intent here. Being able to argue a point either way is useful instruction. But think the same lesson could have been taught using political party instead of religion.

Besides, didn't Jesus forgive whatsisname for denying him? :)

Legal gibberish, if this professor made these demands termination is in order

The Liberty Counsel has a flare for dramatics and a penchant for playing fast loose with the facts. Besides, they can't even prove their case which is why it appears all they have done is send a sharply worded letter to Polk State College. She got an 'A' for the class so it is going to be quite difficult to prove she was discriminated against for her religious beliefs.

The Liberty Counsel has a flare for dramatics and a penchant for playing fast loose with the facts. Besides, they can't even prove their case which is why it appears all they have done is send a sharply worded letter to Polk State College. She got an 'A' for the class so it is going to be quite difficult to prove she was discriminated against for her religious beliefs.

Perhaps, but this fruitcake prof needs to be investigated.

Learning to argue opposing view points is an important tool in developing critical thinking skills.

If the teacher, however, was using the principle of creative thinking to oppress religionists, said teacher violated his duties and must be dismissed.

What's a sixteen year old doing in a college class, anyway?
Obviously they are smarter than you, since they're achieving above the "moron" level.
I-Sense-Butthurt-75000244666.jpeg

Perhaps, but this fruitcake prof needs to be investigated.

Maybe. I would like to read the views of the other students that are taking his course, past and present. A large sample size of opinions would paint a more illuminating picture as they would either confirm or refute the allegations.

She's an "overachiever"...

Unlike the "underachiever" I'm currently talking to...

Guy, you don't know dick about me, and I suspect I've accomplished more in my life than you have.

That said, my point stands. If this girl can't participate in a college class without an adult mindset about academics, what is she doing there?

Besides, education is wasted on Sky Pixie Worshipers.

She's an "overachiever"...

Unlike the "underachiever" I'm currently talking to...

Guy, you don't know dick about me, and I suspect I've accomplished more in my life than you have.

That said, my point stands. If this girl can't participate in a college class without an adult mindset about academics, what is she doing there?

Besides, education is wasted on Sky Pixie Worshipers.
So you claim that if she's adult enough to stand up for the rights guaranteed her by the US Constitution (such as freedom of religion), she doesn't deserve an education (that she's paying for), and yet you think we should give moonbats an education FOR FREE...
Special.jpg

Yeah Thomas denied Heysuce 3 times and Jeyzus didn't have butthurt over that. Maybe on the fourth denial though...Jeebus could have just been waiting for Thomas to go the fourth denial then ZAP, your a squirrel without nuts! Or a bird that doesn't fly, it swims, or a cowboy that rides...an ostrich. They're all misfits!

And while we're at it, who names the island of misfit toys The Island of Misfit Toys. You'd think Hero Island or Perfectly Normal Island or You Aren't the Problem They Are island. So if there were an island for lepers they'd name it Island of Horrible Looking Monsters, but it would in fact be a sanctuary for lepers? This is what happens when you don't have MARKETING people doing the marketing.

A ridiculous post? Yes, just like someone losing their shit over a college exercise. GTFU.

Skank always ends up getting the dirty end of her postings. Be kind and gentle, and credit for trying.

The site is down so the link from the O/P isn't working. Hmmmm....wonder what prompted them to shut their site down? Legal threats perhaps?

Forum List

Back