Dem's tactic- Destroy Romney- Politico

When I think of Romney I see Romneycare. Just like Obamacare. So that makes Romney a no no in my book.

And if the lefties are heaping praise him, then that should tell you something also.

I hope a majority of Repubs agree with you, considering Mittens the Pander Bear is by far the least wingnutty of the lot. Hopefully you guys nominate the Jesus freak from Texas or the other Jesus freak from Minnesota.

When I think of Romney I see Romneycare. Just like Obamacare. So that makes Romney a no no in my book.

And if the lefties are heaping praise him, then that should tell you something also.

Awesome point, Stephanie!

You know, I sometimes wonder about the left wing media heeping praise on Romney, and only because their real pin-up boy, John Huntsman, hasn't caught on with anyone. When Chris Matthew praises a Republican, he truly deserves closer scrutiny.

I hope a majority of Repubs agree with you, considering Mittens the Pander Bear is by far the least wingnutty of the lot. Hopefully you guys nominate the Jesus freak from Texas or the other Jesus freak from Minnesota.

YOu realize that 80% of the country believes in Jesus, don't you?

Not all in the same fashion.

To all of you conservatives, the left always shows you who they fear the most, and right now Romney is it, he has an awesome business resume, appeals to independents who are fiscally conservative but no so socially. Independents make up 40% of our vote- we need them in order to win. It is a sad day when the President has such a failed record that he can't run on it, so now it will be personal attacks against Romney who they know will beat their candidate.

Good luck getting that done, as Mitt is an awesome business man of great character and distinction. He is also mormon and I have known mormons and worked for them, you won't find a higher degree of integrity and honesty among any religious group of people, they are brought up that way.It's pounded into them from a very early age.

22% of Americans, including me, will never vote for a Mormon.

Bad News For Mitt Romney: 22% Of Americans Won

The Gallup poll found that American voters’ bias against Mormon candidates remains steady. Twenty two percent of those surveyed said that they would not vote for a Mormon presidential candidate. The bias is steady across all party lines. Eighteen percent of Republicans, 19% of Independents, and 27% of Democratic respondents said that they would not vote for a Mormon.

This is not the time to have an Al Smith Moment.

But even if you ignore his whacked out religion, his "credentials" as a businessman was to buy up companies, put people out of good paying jobs, move those jobs to China. Just the kind of thing you need to do when people are terrified of losing their jobs.

Yes, and that's exactly what people like you said when John Kennedy was running because he was a Catholic. And look what happened there. You need to do a little more research also, as it is rather obvious that you don't know his business background.

No, but in enough of a fashion where they are going to get pretty ticked off with your side if they see Christianity under attack.

Incidently, I'm an agnostic, and I don't think Jesus actually even existed a real flesh and blood person. But the point is, you have to be very careful as a candidate attacking faith, unless the faith of the person is something screwy like a Mormon or a Scientologist.

(Gee, Scientologists, I apologize. Really.)

To all of you conservatives, the left always shows you who they fear the most, and right now Romney is it, he has an awesome business resume, appeals to independents who are fiscally conservative but no so socially. Independents make up 40% of our vote- we need them in order to win. It is a sad day when the President has such a failed record that he can't run on it, so now it will be personal attacks against Romney who they know will beat their candidate.

Obama plan: Destroy Romney - Ben Smith and Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

The dramatic and unabashedly negative turn is the product of political reality. Obama remains personally popular, but pluralities in recent polling disapprove of his handling of his job, and Americans fear the country is on the wrong track. His aides are increasingly resigned to running for reelection in a glum nation. And so the candidate who ran on “hope” in 2008 has little choice four years later but to run a slashing, personal campaign aimed at disqualifying his likeliest opponent.

Good luck getting that done, as Mitt is an awesome business man of great character and distinction. He is also mormon and I have known mormons and worked for them, you won't find a higher degree of integrity and honesty among any religious group of people, they are brought up that way.It's pounded into them from a very early age.

I really don't know what the hell the GOP is going to do. There is a group of extremists out there who is turning the GOP into what the Dems used to : a group so busy fighting amongst themselves, they forget about their opponents.
If they go with Romney, they'll lose a lot of Tea Partiers and Libertarians that they need. If they go with someone like Whackmann or Eskimo Barbie or even Ron Paul, they lose everyone else.
What a pickle.

The overwhelming majority of Tea Party members in this country are going to go with ANYONE that isn't OBAMA---:lol:

View attachment 14606

I will vote for the orange juice can before I vote for Obama.:lol:

The dramatic and unabashedly negative turn is the product of political reality. Obama remains personally popular, but pluralities in recent polling disapprove of his handling of his job, and Americans fear the country is on the wrong track. His aides are increasingly resigned to running for reelection in a glum nation. And so the candidate who ran on “hope” in 2008 has little choice four years later but to run a slashing, personal campaign aimed at disqualifying his likeliest opponent.

It's all a matter of perspective.

At the end of Bush's second term, Mitt, a strong supporter of the Bush/Republican Debacle in Iraq, was asked why none of his five sons were in Iraq and his answer was they were doing something MORE important. Helping him get elected "president".

Now to you, getting him elected was probably more important. To me, it showed the dark side of the super rich.

But then, Republicans say he is so great with business. I know he caused several companies to go bankrupt and sent tens of thousands of American jobs to China. But he made a lot of money.

These are where the right and left differ on perspective. For the right, money is number one. If you are rich, you have proven how wonderful you are. And getting Romney elected was more important to his family than Iraq. After all, Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Why should Americans go there?

The liberal perspective says the jobs should have stayed here. As far as Iraq, just because you are rich, doesn't mean you shouldn't share in the responsibility (Right wing perspective) unless you are rich. Then you shouldn't have to go.

See the difference between left and right. I'm not saying one is bad and the other isn't. I'm just saying, they see the world in a different way. Democrats see helping the country trumps all. Republicans say "Helping the rich will help the country".

Last edited by a moderator:

I really don't know what the hell the GOP is going to do. There is a group of extremists out there who is turning the GOP into what the Dems used to : a group so busy fighting amongst themselves, they forget about their opponents.
If they go with Romney, they'll lose a lot of Tea Partiers and Libertarians that they need. If they go with someone like Whackmann or Eskimo Barbie or even Ron Paul, they lose everyone else.
What a pickle.

Mitt will win the Independent vote, a group of fiscal conservatives but not so socially conservative, everyone knows that, including the far right- we also know that when it comes to being in the ballot box and pulling the lever for either Obama or Mitt, they will support Mitt. We absolutely have to have the independents or we lose, the smart conservatives and tea party people know this and they will act on it. We are not going to put up someone who can win the primary but lose the general, that's why Mitt is so far out ahead of all the other candidates- the smart money goes to Mitt.

At the end of Bush's second term, Mitt, a strong supporter of the Bush/Republican Debacle in Iraq, was asked why none of his five sons were in Iraq and his answer was they were doing something MORE important. Helping him get elected "president".

Now to you, getting him elected was probably more important. To me, it showed the dark side of the super rich.

But then, Republicans say he is so great with business. I know he caused several companies to go bankrupt and sent tens of thousands of American jobs to China. But he made a lot of money.

These are where the right and left differ on perspective. For the right, money is number one. If you are rich, you have proven how wonderful you are. And getting Romney elected was more important to his family than Iraq. After all, Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Why should Americans go there?

The liberal perspective says the jobs should have stayed here. As far as Iraq, just because you are rich, doesn't mean you shouldn't share in the responsibility (Right wing perspective) unless you are rich. Then you shouldn't have to go.

See the difference between left and right. I'm not saying one is bad and the other isn't. I'm just saying, they see the world in a different way.

It's a volunteer army, not a draft. It's a personal choice that people make rich or poor.

No, but in enough of a fashion where they are going to get pretty ticked off with your side if they see Christianity under attack.

Incidently, I'm an agnostic, and I don't think Jesus actually even existed a real flesh and blood person. But the point is, you have to be very careful as a candidate attacking faith, unless the faith of the person is something screwy like a Mormon or a Scientologist.

(Gee, Scientologists, I apologize. Really.)
n
Again, it was said that John Kennedy ( the last of the conservative Democrats) could not win the Presidency because he was Catholic. Mormons beleive in the same God that Christains do and I don't think that as a Christian that I should be in a position to judge what faith is better than another, in fact, my Christian background tells me I can't sit in judgement, that's God's job.

Last edited:

Where did you get the lefties are heaping praise on him, they now have a slogan, " kill Romney. See my previous post or here's another.

Politico is running an article on " Kill Romney," that's hardly an endorsement of the left. Good Grief.

See the difference between left and right. I'm not saying one is bad and the other isn't. I'm just saying, they see the world in a different way. Democrats see helping the country trumps all. Republicans say "Helping the rich will help the country".

You know as well as I do--that you have now made all kinds of accusations--specifically Mitt Romney sending JOBS to china--and other comments you have made--that I am going to ask for a LINK on.

The difference between a liberal and conservative:

Liberals are more concerned about how to distribute the golden eggs that the Golden Goose lays-while-a conservative is more concerned with the Health of the Golden Goose.

This administration has plucked this bird clean and is getting ready to throw it in the pot.

$economic-bottom.jpg

Incidently, I'm an agnostic, and I don't think Jesus actually even existed a real flesh and blood person.

Thats interesting because i think there is more proof he did exist then for his status as being the son of God.

Uh oh thread drift alert :eusa_whistle:

Yes, and that's exactly what people like you said when John Kennedy was running because he was a Catholic. And look what happened there. You need to do a little more research also, as it is rather obvious that you don't know his business background.

I have done the research on his business practices. Even if he weren't a Mormon (and he's dead to me on the basis of that alone) his business practices of screwing working folks

I mean, Obama might be an inept boob, but at least his hearts in the right place. I'm not entirely sure Romney (R-Kolob) has one. It wasn't like he needed to screw those working people for the money, he already had plenty from when his dad ran AMC.

Oh, the myth of Kennedy Catholicism is exactly that. No one had an issue with Kennedy's Catholicism. As Harry Truman opined, "It isn't the Pope that bothers me, it's the Pop!" referring to Joe Kennedy's ambition and apparent love for Nazis. My Dad was Catholic, he voted for Nixon.

People just didn't care that much.

But Evangelicals don't really like Mormons, and when Joe Sixpack starts hearing about the Planet Kolob, Magic Underwear, Joseph Smith and his strange fetishes... trust me, that 22% will seem like a conservative estimate.

"Just look at the riots in Greece, soon to be happening in Italy and Spain, they are socialistic countries who have failed and that is what Obama wants to double down on. "

Had nothing to do with the Second Pub World Depression? Idiocy.

It's a volunteer army, not a draft. It's a personal choice that people make rich or poor.

What a lot of rot.

Poor people join because they don't have options. Maybe if we MADE the rich kids serve, and the kids of people like Romney, maybe they'd all think twice about getting us into wars.

Conservatives rightly criticize liberals for spending other people's money. But someone needs to criticize conservatives for risking the lives of other people's kids.

I respect that Palin and McCain had their kids in the war zone. Romney's kids were helping him lose the 2008 nomination? Really? He's really going to claim that was on the same level of service.

As a veteran, I find that insulting. Reason 312 to hate this guy, not that I really needed another.

So the left is using the same tactic the right have been using for over 3 years. They have been out to destroy Obama at all costs.

Much ado about nothing, or just childish whining?

sure but if they split the media 50-50, things would be vastly different;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back