Dems Move all-in: Protesters are Un-American

The Rev. Jackson accused the President of the United States, George W. Bush, of using "Nazi tactics" in the election aftermath in Florida. He didn't speak by accident. He didn't have a slip of the tongue. He chose his words purposefully to smear his political opponent.
The N Word - Ken McElroy Online

National Democrats are in a huff over Rush Limbaugh's "hateful and destructive comparison" of their party to the Nazis. I'm with them. Enough with the Nazi comparisons. By everyone. A Google search of "Bush" and "Nazi" brings up 5.6 million results. "Cheney" and "Nazi" gets 1.2 million. You think those items are being posted on the Web by Republicans?

stopbush-2925-20nov03.jpg

m22nz1.jpgmid.jpg

I can filter through them if you like, but let's just put it this way, you have people in the media Olbermann, Matthews, and others and in politics the list is endless there, Pelosi, Reed, etc, that have made their careers out of doing the same things that they themselves have accused the former president of from time to time or as long as they agreed with it tried to justify it somehow. So now when they have Americans that don't happen to agree with them that are out expressing themselves, they no longer are the champions of little guy , the average joe, but rather, it's more like as long as you agree with us your a patriot if not then your unamerican. Well let me put it an even better way for you, I would never question anyones right to take a part in their Govt. and the process and at the same time not call into question their patriotism simply because I don't happen to agree with them, so all that I would ask and I'm sure many others is that the favor is returned and if it cannot be and the democrats wish laws and representation that only represents democrats then perhaps democrats would be the only ones willing to pay the taxes and be part of those laws.

Okay I'm in on that one.. let's start with this Govt. program shall we..

Baker goes on to suggest that before Amtrak can achieve financial success, it will need to get its financial books in order. In the post-Enron days of corporate accountability, states Baker, "Amtrak's finances should be at least if not more transparent to its stakeholders, the American taxpayer." Baker urged legislation that would hold Amtrak to the same financial reporting standards as private corporations.

Some of the ongoing questions raised in the AWG report that Amtrak management will be called on to answer include:

Where is Amtrak’s comprehensive mission statement to guide the corporation?

Why hasn’t Amtrak implemented a financial disclosure program to make its operations transparent to the Congress, its creditors, and the public?

Why doesn’t Amtrak have a comprehensive cost control strategy considering it is losing over $1 billion annually?

Why does Amtrak allow a bridge on the Northeast Corridor to fall into disrepair while wasting tens of millions of dollars on inefficient operations?

Why hasn’t Amtrak adjusted its route system in over a decade to align it with market demands?

Why does Amtrak’s in-house legal office consistently fail to follow its own billing guidelines?
Trouble ahead, trouble behind
In November 2005, a two-year investigation by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) into Amtrak’s management and spending practices concluded “while Amtrak has recently reduced costs, revenues are declining faster than costs, leading to operating losses exceeding $1 billion annually. These losses are projected to grow by 40 percent within four years; no effective corporatewide cost containment strategy exists to address them.”

Numerous procurement abuses, inadequate financial controls and questionable spending, uncovered by the GAO led them to predict that Amtrak’s current $1 billion annual operating loss will increase by $400 million a year by the year 2009.
Lawmakers Find Amtrak Must Change to Survive

This program has been in existance since 1971, and has never met it's goal of being self-reliant. In fact as part of a promise made for funding the Acela rail project during the Clinton Administration Amtrak makde the promise to be self-reliant by 2003. We can all see where that one went. This is one of many many Govt. programs that are outright mismanaged, overspent, not needed, etc. and then become bastions for funding abuses. The Govt. has a long track record of this, and you think the Govt. can run a public option healthcare when it's awarded the Air Force Tanker program, not once , not twice, but three times, in 10 years and so far has yet to produce one aircraft for the Air Force and cost the taxpayer 250 million dollars in program costs, legal fee's, etc.

Amtrak and rail can be self-reliant when we make roads self reliant. Until then, don't bitch about subsidies to rail because they are significantly less than subsidies to roads.

I feel no need to comment here because what I was about to point out to you has already been pointed out. I will say this though, Amtrak has been around since 1971 , 38 years and in that time has been self-reliant how many of those 38 years? In fact tell me in the last 10 years when Amtrak has not lost money? To compare it to roads is like trying to compare apples and oranges and to simply say they are less money does not mitigate any of the losses Amtrak has suffered. Just so you know though, that was not the point of the thread...

The Rev. Jackson accused the President of the United States, George W. Bush, of using "Nazi tactics" in the election aftermath in Florida. He didn't speak by accident. He didn't have a slip of the tongue. He chose his words purposefully to smear his political opponent.

National Democrats are in a huff over Rush Limbaugh's "hateful and destructive comparison" of their party to the Nazis. I'm with them. Enough with the Nazi comparisons. By everyone. A Google search of "Bush" and "Nazi" brings up 5.6 million results. "Cheney" and "Nazi" gets 1.2 million. You think those items are being posted on the Web by Republicans?

m22nz1.jpgmid.jpg

I can filter through them if you like, but let's just put it this way, you have people in the media Olbermann, Matthews, and others and in politics the list is endless there, Pelosi, Reed, etc, that have made their careers out of doing the same things that they themselves have accused the former president of from time to time or as long as they agreed with it tried to justify it somehow. So now when they have Americans that don't happen to agree with them that are out expressing themselves, they no longer are the champions of little guy , the average joe, but rather, it's more like as long as you agree with us your a patriot if not then your unamerican. Well let me put it an even better way for you, I would never question anyones right to take a part in their Govt. and the process and at the same time not call into question their patriotism simply because I don't happen to agree with them, so all that I would ask and I'm sure many others is that the favor is returned and if it cannot be and the democrats wish laws and representation that only represents democrats then perhaps democrats would be the only ones willing to pay the taxes and be part of those laws.

Google "Obama Nazi". 7.1 million hits. And he's only been in office for 6 months!

Obviously, some on the left talk this kind of trash as well. But nobody as prominent as Limbaugh on the left has made such a comparison.

Okay I'm in on that one.. let's start with this Govt. program shall we..

Baker goes on to suggest that before Amtrak can achieve financial success, it will need to get its financial books in order. In the post-Enron days of corporate accountability, states Baker, "Amtrak's finances should be at least if not more transparent to its stakeholders, the American taxpayer." Baker urged legislation that would hold Amtrak to the same financial reporting standards as private corporations.

Some of the ongoing questions raised in the AWG report that Amtrak management will be called on to answer include:

Where is Amtrak’s comprehensive mission statement to guide the corporation?

Why hasn’t Amtrak implemented a financial disclosure program to make its operations transparent to the Congress, its creditors, and the public?

Why doesn’t Amtrak have a comprehensive cost control strategy considering it is losing over $1 billion annually?

Why does Amtrak allow a bridge on the Northeast Corridor to fall into disrepair while wasting tens of millions of dollars on inefficient operations?

Why hasn’t Amtrak adjusted its route system in over a decade to align it with market demands?

Why does Amtrak’s in-house legal office consistently fail to follow its own billing guidelines?
Trouble ahead, trouble behind
In November 2005, a two-year investigation by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) into Amtrak’s management and spending practices concluded “while Amtrak has recently reduced costs, revenues are declining faster than costs, leading to operating losses exceeding $1 billion annually. These losses are projected to grow by 40 percent within four years; no effective corporatewide cost containment strategy exists to address them.”

Numerous procurement abuses, inadequate financial controls and questionable spending, uncovered by the GAO led them to predict that Amtrak’s current $1 billion annual operating loss will increase by $400 million a year by the year 2009.
Lawmakers Find Amtrak Must Change to Survive

This program has been in existance since 1971, and has never met it's goal of being self-reliant. In fact as part of a promise made for funding the Acela rail project during the Clinton Administration Amtrak makde the promise to be self-reliant by 2003. We can all see where that one went. This is one of many many Govt. programs that are outright mismanaged, overspent, not needed, etc. and then become bastions for funding abuses. The Govt. has a long track record of this, and you think the Govt. can run a public option healthcare when it's awarded the Air Force Tanker program, not once , not twice, but three times, in 10 years and so far has yet to produce one aircraft for the Air Force and cost the taxpayer 250 million dollars in program costs, legal fee's, etc.

Amtrak and rail can be self-reliant when we make roads self reliant. Until then, don't bitch about subsidies to rail because they are significantly less than subsidies to roads.

I feel no need to comment here because what I was about to point out to you has already been pointed out. I will say this though, Amtrak has been around since 1971 , 38 years and in that time has been self-reliant how many of those 38 years? In fact tell me in the last 10 years when Amtrak has not lost money? To compare it to roads is like trying to compare apples and oranges and to simply say they are less money does not mitigate any of the losses Amtrak has suffered. Just so you know though, that was not the point of the thread...

How exactly is at apples to oranges to compare the cost of one transport network to the cost of another transport network?

And the point, since you geniuses seem to have missed it, is that some things should be subsidized because its in the public good. Somehow everyone thinks thats A OK when it comes to roads, but as soon as we talk about the evil public transportation network, well it should be self sufficient.

As if somehow its ok to subsidize the middle and upper classes, but subsidizing the poor is a terrible, terrible thing.

m22nz1.jpgmid.jpg

Google "Obama Nazi". 7.1 million hits. And he's only been in office for 6 months!

Obviously, some on the left talk this kind of trash as well. But nobody as prominent as Limbaugh on the left has made such a comparison.
you relize that search will also bring up lefty sites calling all opposition to Obama are nazis, right?

Results 1 - 10 of about 8,240 for "obama is a nazi". (0.23 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 25,200 for "bush is a nazi". (0.24 seconds)

gee, over 3 times as many

m22nz1.jpgmid.jpg

you relize that search will also bring up lefty sites calling all opposition to Obama are nazis, right?

Really? Care to provide links to any cites that say all opposition to obama are nazis?

Really? Care to provide links to any cites that say all opposition to obama are nazis?

Who needs a link to that? It's even all over this board, not in those exact words, but the spirit of the name calling is more important.

You are bad at google.

"Bush is a nazi" comes up with 11.6 mil hits.

"Obama is a nazi" comes up with 10.2 mil.

By the way...people have been writing about Bush for 16 times the amount they've been writing about Obama.

Who needs a link to that? It's even all over this board, not in those exact words, but the spirit of the name calling is more important.

Surely even you understand the difference between calling someone a nazi, and calling them a nazi because they oppose obamas policies?

You are bad at google.

By the way...people have been writing about Bush for 16 times the amount they've been writing about Obama.
LOL
sorry, but thats the results i got
i only take hits for pages in ENGLISH

also the Bush is a nazi will also bring up his dad, and grandfather

Last edited:

You are bad at google.

You are just naive about Google. Not saying DiveCon isn't either. Your searches on Google will turn up different results, in spite of the claims Microsucks is making these days, Google results are tailored to the users patterns.

Well, at least you learned how to use quotation marks in a search.
Even CON$ can learn. :lol:

Now Bush was in office 8 years and Obama only 6 months, extrapolating Obama's numbers for 8 years would give him 5 times as many hits as Bush.

Surely even you understand the difference between calling someone a nazi, and calling them a nazi because they oppose obamas policies?

The only reason people who support Obama call others names is because we don't support him. His policies are the same ones his followers were against for the previous eight years. Blind faith in something does not allow you to see that.

Well, at least you learned how to use quotation marks in a search.
Even CON$ can learn. :lol:

Now Bush was in office 8 years and Obama only 6 months, extrapolating Obama's numbers for 8 years would give him 5 times as many hits as Bush.
asshole, i likely knew about the search functions before you ever got on a computer

The only reason people who support Obama call others names is because we don't support him. His policies are the same ones his followers were against for the previous eight years. Blind faith in something does not allow you to see that.

Bush pushed for universal healthcare reform?

Can I please see a link to where he advocated that?

Perhaps you are blinded by your utter stupidity, but people who support Obama actually have the ability to take a great many things into account. See, I call you a liar, not because your opinion about Obama, but because you lie. Similarly, calling anyone who goes to a town hall meeting against healthcare isn't a nazi. But, there have been reports of neo-nazis infiltrating the tea baggers meetings, and its fair to point that out.

Some Obama supporters actually have the ability to differentiate between different oppositions to Obamas plan. Its quite easy to tell the difference between a rabid loon like yourself, and say someone like Ross Douthat.

Perhaps you are blinded by your utter stupidity, but people who support Obama actually have the ability to take a great many things into account. See, I call you a liar, not because your opinion about Obama, but because you lie. Similarly, calling anyone who goes to a town hall meeting against healthcare isn't a nazi. But, there have been reports of neo-nazis infiltrating the tea baggers meetings, and its fair to point that out.

Some Obama supporters actually have the ability to differentiate between different oppositions to Obamas plan. Its quite easy to tell the difference between a rabid loon like yourself, and say someone like Ross Douthat.

Different tactics, same goals and outcomes. More government control, less freedom. That's why you fail, you don't see the ends, you don't see the similarities, you only see which side you are on.

and those reports are lies
and you eat them up
btw, they are tea partiers, not tea baggers
you just like using that disgusting term

Forum List

Back