An Observation/Question

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
I am the lucky individual who, for the most part, moved the threads around in the board. I can't imagine why I would think yet another thread on healthcare reform belongs in the healthcare subforum, but there you have it.

A trend I have noticed ... and for you literalists not each and every instance -- in general ...
is that the majority of rightwingnut threads get moved to conspiracy theories while the majority of leftwingnut threads get moved to teh Flame Zone, Lame Zone, or Trash. Only because we don't have a "Outright Stupid Partisan Blather" subforum.

Anyone want to take a stab at why this trend might exist?

maybe the trend is happening because people would like to see you hanging around here more than you have been lately? :)

:eusa_eh:

It is not our place to question the inner workings of the Gunny's mind.

Probably why I asked a question concerning the inner workings of YOURS?:lol:

How long have you been here, Rav? Yet you STILL post almost everything in Current Events and it gets moved. You also post ridiculously partisan BS.

I know you're not THAT dumb. Matter of fact, you have proven on occasion to be rather astute. So what's the point? You just need some attention, or what?

i give some thought to which forum to post in...then just post...thats what we have mods for ...afterall..to clear up the little messes we all leave behind...

How long have you been here, Rav? Yet you STILL post almost everything in Current Events and it gets moved. You also post ridiculously partisan BS.

I know you're not THAT dumb. Matter of fact, you have proven on occasion to be rather astute. So what's the point? You just need some attention, or what?
:confused: Maybe I misread your question, I thought you were asking us to guess why you moved right wing nonsense to the conspiracy theories and left wing nonsense to the flame or lame zone.

btw, I do not post almost everything in current events and I actually don't notice if my threads get moved or not. I click on active topics and don't pay attention to which forum a thread is in.

i give some thought to which forum to post in...then just post...thats what we have mods for ...afterall..to clear up the little messes we all leave behind...

I'm not referring to people who try and sometimes get it wrong. There are even times when a thread can fit into multiple forums. That isn't the issue at all. The topic of why a majority of posters think current events is the most important subforum simply because it appears first on a linear list is a separate, yet just as annoying issue.

I'm just curious about the mindsets I mentioned in the OP. The extremes of both sides being equally full of shit; yet, fall into categories on opposite sides of the spectrum.

One could argue that the extremists on the right at least take the time and effort to build a baseless theory while the extremists on the left just kinda take a crap on the page with mindless rhetoric.

o i see...why do the threads seem to fall into certain catagories of paranoia or delusions?

i think cause one side deals in ...like you said...theories on how to prove what they want reality to be....

the other side...doesnt want to see reality? but both have denial of reality in common.

<---again looking for the common ground

Last thread I started ended up in the flame zone. If a mod had bothered to read the content (instead of the thread header) it would have stayed in the politics forum where it belonged. Maybe mods should sit back and read the first ten posts in a thread before moving it?

:confused: Maybe I misread your question, I thought you were asking us to guess why you moved right wing nonsense to the conspiracy theories and left wing nonsense to the flame or lame zone.

btw, I do not post almost everything in current events and I actually don't notice if my threads get moved or not. I click on active topics and don't pay attention to which forum a thread is in.

Active topics, huh? :lol:

My question is not why I move them to those subforums, respectively, but what is the underlying reason for them belonging in those subforums.

Active topics, huh? :lol:

My question is not why I move them to those subforums, respectively, but what is the underlying reason for them belonging in those subforums.
I just checked my recently started threads and found that three of them were moved to the flame zone from elsewhere. The rest of the flame zone entries I put there myself.

Anywho...I imagine you move right wing nuts to the conspiracy theory because you have some bias toward favoring them over left wing nuts. And perhaps you feel the things they post could be true even if far fetched.

Last thread I started ended up in the flame zone. If a mod had bothered to read the content (instead of the thread header) it would have stayed in the politics forum where it belonged. Maybe mods should sit back and read the first ten posts in a thread before moving it?

If the header is inflammatory, that is reason enough to move it. A thread can also be moved to the Flame Zone because of the behavior of others; which, might have nothing to do with the original poster. A thread that is nothign but OTT flaming doesn't belong in the political section.

I don't recall the thread in question, but I will say I will move a perfectly good article with an OTT inflammatory header without hesitation.

We could solve this whole mess by having two categories. couldn't we? :eusa_angel: Right and DUmb :cuckoo:

You can thank me later! :lol:

Last edited:

If the header is inflammatory, that is reason enough to move it. A thread can also be moved to the Flame Zone because of the behavior of others; which, might have nothing to do with the original poster. A thread that is nothign but OTT flaming doesn't belong in the political section.

I don't recall the thread in question, but I will say I will move a perfectly good article with an OTT inflammatory header without hesitation.

That sucks...

Forum List

Back