Dems Give Charlie Rangel Standing Ovation For Being Unethical...

No my name is'nt Jesus... Im italian, not tex-mex

I will ask you the same question..... "How the fuck do you know what prompted them to applaud?"

Do you have some magical crystal ball.... Im stating MY opinion based on Dems record of having NO ethics at all!

ok, I see what I'm dealing with then, have a good day.

What would that be... someone willing to stand toe to toe with you and say your full of it?

Oh... OK

Have nice day :fu:

Someone who plays the us vs. them routine, as evidenced by "Dems record of having NO ethics at all!" - said by you. I'm not interested in kid's stuff.

When Rangel resigns from Congress,i'll be the first one to praise him for having some honor & integrity left. Till then,it's all just blah blah blah. Same ole same ole.

If Charlie Rangel was anyone else, he would be in Prison for what he did.

But because he is a Democrat he gets a standing Ovation.

And you guys are defending it.

Since when would someone get jail time for owing $10,000 in back taxes?

For some reason, people believe the number is actually greater than 10K. Truth is, it is a shade above 8K.....about 400 a year over the 20 years of poor accounting practices.

Now, I can not speak for Rangel...but something tells me he would not sacrifice his credibility and his stature for 400 bucks a year.

I do not see it as a crime nearly as much as I see it as an honest mistake.

Me? When I make an honest mistake I will continue to make it until someone shows me I am making a mistake.....and I certainly wouldnt want to be punished for it.

Since when should someone who doesn't pay his taxes be allowed to subject others to the laws he writes? That's the better question. He should get his ass out of the congress.

Since when should someone who doesn't pay his taxes be allowed to subject others to the laws he writes? That's the better question. He should get his ass out of the congress.

One year, I received a notice from the IRS that I owed about 4K more in taxes than I paid. Apparently, there was a 1099 I never declared as income...an honest mistake.

It was disocvered about 3 years later....I received a bill which included interest and minor penalties.

Certainly, I was not sent to jail; asked to quit my company...it was an honest mistake.

Let it go.

ok, I see what I'm dealing with then, have a good day.

What would that be... someone willing to stand toe to toe with you and say your full of it?

Oh... OK

Someone who plays the us vs. them routine, as evidenced by "Dems record of having NO ethics at all!" - said by you. I'm not interested in kid's stuff.

Yeah.. its us against them...... Obama said it himself.

So get off your stupid high horse!

Remember the "punish your enemies remark"? Probably not, b/c he seems to be in your corner.

:eusa_hand:

Dont like it when we use the lefts tactics do ya?

Im out... this is stupid!

One year, I received a notice from the IRS that I owed about 4K more in taxes than I paid. Apparently, there was a 1099 I never declared as income...an honest mistake.

It was disocvered about 3 years later....I received a bill which included interest and minor penalties.

Certainly, I was not sent to jail; asked to quit my company...it was an honest mistake.

Let it go.

No, I won't let it go. Cause Charlies actions were not mistakes. How could he not know he had to pay taxes on rental income? And what was that about having rent subsidized properties he used in NY for offices? Come on now, his lists of "mistakes" is way too long. He should get his ass out of congress. And as far as his service goes he should be ashamed to use it as a means to escape justice for his lawbreaking. That's pretty damn low of him.

For some reason, people believe the number is actually greater than 10K. Truth is, it is a shade above 8K.....about 400 a year over the 20 years of poor accounting practices.

Now, I can not speak for Rangel...but something tells me he would not sacrifice his credibility and his stature for 400 bucks a year.

I do not see it as a crime nearly as much as I see it as an honest mistake.

Me? When I make an honest mistake I will continue to make it until someone shows me I am making a mistake.....and I certainly wouldnt want to be punished for it.

The Tax money owed isn't in America, it is in Dominican Republic. Their tax system is all screwed up, and no one pays taxes there. Rangle owes taxes on $75,000. for a rented beach house, which the DR hasn't attempted to collect, because they have no collection agency down there. Go figure that one out.

Oh... OK

Yeah.. its us against them...... Obama said it himself.

So get off your stupid high horse!

Remember the "punish your enemies remark"? Probably not, b/c he seems to be in your corner.

:eusa_hand:

Dont like it when we use the lefts tactics do ya?

Im out... this is stupid!

actually, it was Bush who said you're with us or agin us...

so what were you saying about whose tactics?

Let it go.

No, I won't let it go. Cause Charlies actions were not mistakes. How could he not know he had to pay taxes on rental income? And what was that about having rent subsidized properties he used in NY for offices? Come on now, his lists of "mistakes" is way too long. He should get his ass out of congress. And as far as his service goes he should be ashamed to use it as a means to escape justice for his lawbreaking. That's pretty damn low of him.

Not rent subsidized....rent STABLIZED....BIG DIFFERENCE

The rental income was for an out of country property....there is valid reason for a mistake.

Lets look at it this way...

DO you TRULY believe that a man with moderate wealth would compromise his reputation over $400 a year?

Past honorable Military Service just isn't enough to excuse this. And a Standing Ovation is not appropriate and i don't care how much the Dems try and spin things. Instead of applauding him they should be demanding his resignation. Just think about the last Election and how Democrats viciously attacked John McCain. Did his past honorable Military Service matter to them then? Obviously it didn't. If Rangel resigns,i'll give him a Standing Ovation.

He made mistakes that he should have to suffer the consequences for. He should be made an example of to create a deterrent for others.

But, there have been others that have made far worse mistakes in recent years. If you were to rank the worst offences by members of Congress over the last 10-15 years, Rangel is by no means the worst of the bunch.

That's unfortunate, but true. Most were Republicans.

I suggest you check TM's link.

Past honorable Military Service just isn't enough to excuse this. And a Standing Ovation is not appropriate and i don't care how much the Dems try and spin things. Instead of applauding him they should be demanding his resignation. Just think about the last Election and how Democrats viciously attacked John McCain. Did his past honorable Military Service matter to them then? Obviously it didn't. If Rangel resigns,i'll give him a Standing Ovation.

Just because some morons on the left mocked McCain for injuries he sustained as a POW, and disrespected his service, does not mean that you have to be a moron about Rangel. I dislike Rangel's behavior, and I disagree with his politics... however, he served his country with honor in the military and that deserves recognition. I also think he should resign. I wouldn't applaud him for doing the right thing - but I won't hang the man either.

I am not sure of what Rangel did for America to get a standing ovation, but I think your fantasys are carrying you away into the Unicorn Zone. He did resign his chairmenship of the Ways & Means committee, but why resign from Congress. He wants you to pay his way from cradle to grave, and you will pay.

Last edited:

I am not sure of what Rangel did for America to get a standing ovation, but I think your fantasys are carrying you away into the Unicorn Zone. I thought he had resigned? No?

:confused:

He made mistakes that he should have to suffer the consequences for. He should be made an example of to create a deterrent for others.

But, there have been others that have made far worse mistakes in recent years. If you were to rank the worst offences by members of Congress over the last 10-15 years, Rangel is by no means the worst of the bunch.

That's unfortunate, but true. Most were Republicans.[/QUOTE]

That's not true.

Just because some morons on the left mocked McCain for injuries he sustained as a POW, and disrespected his service, does not mean that you have to be a moron about Rangel. I dislike Rangel's behavior, and I disagree with his politics... however, he served his country with honor in the military and that deserves recognition. I also think he should resign. I wouldn't applaud him for doing the right thing - but I won't hang the man either.

The idiots are conflating Applauding his Bravery, with excusing his ethics issues. That's why they're called idiots.

I swear she doesn't read her own links.

Expelled Representatives
Year Representative Party State Details
1861 Clark, John B.John B. Clark Democratic Missouri Disloyalty to the Union; taking up arms against the United States.
1861 Reid, John W.John W. Reid Democratic Missouri Disloyalty to the Union; taking up arms against the United States.
1861 Burnett, Henry C.Henry C. Burnett Democratic Kentucky Disloyalty to the Union; taking up arms against the United States.
1980 Myers, Michael J.Michael J. Myers Democratic Pennsylvania Convicted of bribery in the Abscam scandal.
2002 Traficant, JamesJames Traficant Democratic Ohio Convicted on ten counts that included bribery, obstruction of justice, and racketeering.[3]

Way to go dems, you are the only ones ever expelled. Give yourselves a hand :clap2:

Censured Representatives
1832 Stanbery, WilliamWilliam Stanbery National Republican Ohio Insulting the Speaker of the House
1842 Giddings, JoshuaJoshua Giddings Whig Party Ohio Introduced anti-slavery resolution deemed to be "incendiary".
1856 Keitt, Laurence M.Laurence M. Keitt Democratic South Carolina Assisted in the assault on Sen. Charles Sumner
1864 Harris, Benjamin G.Benjamin G. Harris Democratic Maryland Made statements supporting the Confederacy.
1864 Long, AlexanderAlexander Long Democratic Ohio Supported recognition of the Confederacy
1866 Chanler, John W.John W. Chanler Democratic New York Insulted the House with resolution containing unparliamentary language
1866 Rousseau, LovellLovell Rousseau Democratic Kentucky Assault of Rep. Josiah Grinnell
1867 Hunter, John W.John W. Hunter Democratic New York Unparliamentary language
1868 Wood, FernandoFernando Wood Democratic New York Unparliamentary language
1869 Holbrook, Edward D.Edward D. Holbrook Democratic Idaho Territory Unparliamentary language
1870 Whittemore, BenjaminBenjamin Whittemore Republican South Carolina Selling military academy appointments
1870 Deweese, John T.John T. Deweese Republican North Carolina Selling military academy appointments
1870 Butler, RoderickRoderick Butler Republican Tennessee Selling military academy appointments
1873 Ames, OakesOakes Ames Republican Massachusetts Prior involvement in Crédit Mobilier of America scandal
1873 Brooks, JamesJames Brooks Democratic New York Prior involvement in Crédit Mobilier of America scandal
1875 Brown, John Y.John Y. Brown Democratic Kentucky Unparliamentary language
1890 Bynum, William D.William D. Bynum Democratic Indiana Unparliamentary language
1921 Blanton, Thomas L.Thomas L. Blanton Democratic Texas Unparliamentary language
1979 Diggs, CharlesCharles Diggs Democratic Michigan Payroll fraud, mail fraud
1980 Wilson, Charles H.Charles H. Wilson Democratic California Improper use of campaign funds
1983 Studds, GerryGerry Studds Democratic Massachusetts Sexual misconduct with House page
1983 Crane, Daniel B.Daniel B. Crane Republican Illinois Sexual misconduct with House page
2010 Rangel, Charles B.Charles B. Rangel Democratic New York Improper solicitation of funds, inaccurate financial disclosure statements, failure to pay taxes.

16 outta 23, you guys slip a little here, but still clap worthy :clap2:

Reprimanded Representatives
1976 Sikes, Robert L. F.Robert L. F. Sikes Democratic Florida Use of office for personal gain
1978 Wilson, Charles H.Charles H. Wilson Democratic California Making false statements to House committee
1978 McFall, John J.John J. McFall Democratic California Failure to report campaign contributions
1978 Roybal, EdwardEdward Roybal Democratic California Making false statements to House committee, failure to report campaign contributions
1984 Hansen, George V.George V. Hansen Republican Idaho False statements on financial disclosure form
1987 Murphy, Austin J.Austin J. Murphy Democratic Pennsylvania Allowed another person to cast his vote; misusing House funds
1990 Frank, BarneyBarney Frank Democratic Massachusetts Use of office to fix parking tickets and influence probation officers on friend's behalf
1997 Gingrich, NewtNewt Gingrich Republican Georgia Use of tax-exempt organization for political purposes; provided false information to House Ethics Committee
2009 Wilson, JoeJoe Wilson Republican South Carolina Outburst towards President Barack Obama during a speech to a joint session of Congress[4][5]

OOHH, dont call it a come back!! 6 outta 9!! :clap2: :clap2:

Excluded Representatives-elect
Year Representative-elect Party State Details
1899 Brigham Henry Roberts Democratic Utah Denied seat for his practice of polygamy
1967 Adam Clayton Powell, Jr. Democratic New York Mismanaging his committee's budget in previous Congress, excessive absenteeism, misuse of public funds[6]

Once again you totally dominate!! 100%! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Damn good guess there Ollie. It's actually just over 74%

Forum List

Back