Dems Give Charlie Rangel Standing Ovation For Being Unethical...

Rangel was a War hero during the Korean War, where he rescued forty fellow soldiers from behind enemy lines and sbsequently given the Bronze Star.

N'aw, no need for applause.

In late November 1950, this unit was caught up in heavy fighting in North Korea as part of the U.N. forces retreat from the Yalu River. In the Battle of Kunu-ri, Rangel was part of a vehicle column that was trapped and attacked by the Chinese Army.[11] In the subzero cold, Rangel was injured by shrapnel from a Chinese shell.[12] Some U.S. soldiers were being taken prisoner, but others looked to Rangel, who though only a private first class had a reputation for leadership in the unit. Rangel led some 40 men from his unit, during three days of freezing weather, out of the Chinese encirclement. Nearly half of the battalion was killed in the overall battle.[13]

Rangel was awarded a Purple Heart for his wounds and the Bronze Star with Valor for his actions in the face of death.[14] His Army unit was awarded the Presidential Unit Citation,[15] the Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation, and three battle stars.[14] In 2000, Rangel reflected with CBS News that

Charles B. Rangel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A Standing Ovation was inappropriate. If you can't see that,you really have lost it.

A Standing Ovation was inappropriate. If you can't see that,you really have lost it.

You're bickering over a War hero, you know, a man who risked his life for his Country and also did so above and beyond his call of duty..........getting an applause.

You're the one who's lost it.

You're bickering over a War hero, you know, a man who risked his life for his Country and also did so above and beyond his call of duty..........getting an applause.

It's not about him being a war hero....it's about him being a Democrat......

It is time for Term Limits. I'm sure Charlie Rangel started out with honorable intentions. His past shows he was a very brave and honorable Soldier. It's always more sad watching a once honorable man become so corrupt. He was just there too long. It happens to far too many. Term limit them out and force them to get real jobs and live in the real world. They clearly become out of touch when they serve for several decades. New blood is always a good thing. Rangel should do the honorable thing and leave Congress all together. The choice is his. I guess we'll see what he does.

I pretty much disagree with Rangel as it pertains to just about every initiative and policy.

The man made mistakes. So did I. The man got caught becuase he has an entire party watching his every move. I didnt get caught becuase no one gives a crap about me.

The man deserved to be called out and yes, and he deserves to be applauded for his service.

He did nothing horribly wrong. He made some mistakes.

Time to move on.

He does deserve to be applauded for his service. As he deserved to be punished for the screw ups...

He got both.

I'm ok with that. But he really should have taken the deal.

I totally agree. His service is to be respected. It is disappointing that someone who once served his country so admirably forgot the importance of honor. But he is human and we all make mistakes.

I am of the opinion that our Congressmen should be allowed to be human, and we should not expect them to be perfect.

He commited crimes that would put a non-Congressman in jail.

He won Harlem b/c he wanted to replace a man that was corrupt, he then went on to be corrupt.

Everything he did, everything he was, is now in question. Did you do it for the right reasons, or was he paid off.

Standing ovation? hell no.
Prison? no, but at least a fine and loss of his job.

I pretty much disagree with Rangel as it pertains to just about every initiative and policy.

The man made mistakes. So did I. The man got caught becuase he has an entire party watching his every move. I didnt get caught becuase no one gives a crap about me.

The man deserved to be called out and yes, and he deserves to be applauded for his service.

He did nothing horribly wrong. He made some mistakes.

Time to move on.

He didn't make any mistakes. If he did then he's too damn dumb to be writing our tax codes. He needs to move on, not us.

That's not what they were applauding

the man that earned that medal was not the man that committed those crimes.

I'm certain the young Rangle would slap the old Rangle for digracing his name.

So in a stupid demonRats eyes "being a war hero" gives one the right to break the laws of the USA? Oh! of course, that and being an illegal alien.

It's not about him being a war hero....it's about him being a Democrat......

It does appear as though some on the right are incapable of separating the person from the party.

So in a stupid demonRats eyes "being a war hero" gives one the right to break the laws of the USA? Oh! of course, that and being an illegal alien.

If that's how you read that post, then you're an idiot. That was simple.

If Charlie Rangel was anyone else, he would be in Prison for what he did.

But because he is a Democrat he gets a standing Ovation.

And you guys are defending it.

He was convicted of 11 of the 13 charges against him....

Protesting his innocence while standing in the hole being censured instead of going to jail....he should have been thankful.....a new low for the the dimwits...

Well exactly why do you think the rat stood in the well and started his bs about being a "war hero" huh?

If Rangel is truly honorable,he will announce that he's leaving Congress effective immediately. That would prove to me that he still has some honor & integrity left. I guess we'll see.

Well exactly why do you think the rat stood in the well and started his bs about being a "war hero" huh?

You responded to MY post, and said "so in a stupid demonRats eyes" ..... you were responding to MY post, which doesn't say or even allude to the statement "being a war here gives one the right to break laws of the USA"

Not even close.

Forum List

Back