Dems dare GOP to side with Big Oil

Heaven forbid we have oil. Those evil evil people providing us with gasoline to drive our cars, and plastics to store our food, and cosmetics to make our loved ones feel better about themselves despite being beautiful without them.

Shut the fuck up. If you don't understand this issue by now, just butt out of all the oil spill threads, you're making an idiot out of yourself.

Dems want to have their cake and eat it, too...i.e. they want to merge safety and need.

Reps want to have their cake and fuck the environment because they only care about their own comfort.

and Ravi just wants to make sweeping generalizations...
Sometimes they are appropriate. But thanks for pointing out mine and ignoring all the ones the right wing loons make.

Republicans are like the Greeks. When asked to cut back, reduce, recycle and reuse and implement energy saving devices they rebel like entitled children.

Dems want to have their cake and eat it, too...i.e. they want to merge safety and need.

Reps want to have their cake and fuck the environment because they only care about their own comfort.

and Ravi just wants to make sweeping generalizations...
Sometimes they are appropriate. But thanks for pointing out mine and ignoring all the ones the right wing loons make.

Republicans are like the Greeks. When asked to cut back, reduce, recycle and reuse and implement energy saving devices they rebel like entitled children.

Seems like Democrats vote like Greeks. They'll put just about any cokehead and lying snake in office because they don't like it when the GOP talks about cut-backs.

Yes...the right wanted that blow-back to happen so we could poison the ocean. After all we're just a bunch of crazy loons.

Last edited:
It's entertaining as hell when Dems and Repubs try and pretend it was the other side that was responsible. Gawd, some people are dumb.

Oh, it's just about jobs?

If the environment gets screwed badly enough, that can hurt people's survival, too. There are fishermen whose livliehoods are being hurt right now. I'm sure other people's jobs are being hurt by what just happened, too.

Nope. It's much more than that. It's people having warm heat on a cold night. It's people having food in Supermarkets. It's advances in medicine using petroleum based products.

You want to destroy the economy completely? You want people dying?

No, I want the oil companies to pay more for their fuck-ups and I don't see lifting the liability caps on them as "destroying the economy".

You baggers and FOX disciples crack me up. Even Obama has endorced off shore drilling, if it is done safely. The point is, it has to be done safely with new safeguards.

Now, if the Republican't party would like to endorce BP and defend it, in the face of mounting anger, I say GO FOR IT! And repeal HC reform while you are at it. That will certainly bring the Tea Baggers to the front of the GOP. Or what is left of it...LOL

From this:

But Murkowski said the legislation is “not where we need to be right now” and would unfairly advantage large oil companies by pricing the small companies out of the market. Murkowski did signal that she would be open to "look at the liability cap and consider raising it.” Just not at this moment.

We get this?:

"Inexplicably, Republicans are protecting negligent oil companies like BP and blocking our efforts to prevent a BP bailout. Through their obstruction, Republicans are leaving taxpayers on the hook to pay for BP's negligence."

That's one lame-ass spin.

Here is the slippery slope that Republicans are walking.

The Plum Line - Dems: We'll dare GOP to side with Big Oil

A 75 million dollar cap on damages?

That's preposterously low.

That encourages corporations to make risky decisions like BP obviously just made.

The Republicans who are trying to keep this cap ought to be horsewhipped.

The dems who might support this cap (assuming theire are any) ought to be, too.

There is NO justification...NONE...for a cap on the damages BP owes.

I drive a really nice, really fast car that I make a point of driving at least once a day at a speed of 100 mph. It should come as no surprise that I revel in my car.

That being said, I dont think that oil is evil...but I know that the history of the world since the beginning of time...is that people with power and money

use their money and power

to get more money and power....

The whole idea that oil companies aren't making much money is bullshit. Yes, they are.
And I'm not against people making profits. LARGE profits. HUGE profits. LARGE HUGE profits. But with great power comes responsibility (god, I love quoting spiderman).

And they've used their power and money to get around that responsibility.

What you're seeing now is a mistake so large that they can't hide it or circumvent it immediately before the world sees.

I want hospital patients to have plastic and supplies and whatever the fuck else they need...but the mindless, knee-jerk defense of oil that some conservatives are throwing up is insane.

Heaven forbid we have oil. Those evil evil people providing us with gasoline to drive our cars, and plastics to store our food, and cosmetics to make our loved ones feel better about themselves despite being beautiful without them.

I think the Dems should boycott all oil products.

That means no PCs.....no cell-phones.....no cars....no transportation other then walking....no makeup.....no plastics of any kind.

GO FOR IT!!!

If we could get them to boycott all oil products and move to california life would be grand.. whopppp whoooooppp

Who is in bed with Big Oil?

Obama & Dems took millions from BP oil who they allowed to drill the OCS & kill the marine life in the gulf. :eek:

Obama & the Democrats killed bio-fuels that Bush & Republicans started. :eek:

Obama invested Billions in Petro-Bross OCS drilling. :eek:

George Bush banned drilling of the OCS by executive order. :eusa_shhh:

Obama & the Democrats opened the OCS to Off Shore Drilling. :eek:

Clinton allowed the federal government's "cozy" relationship with oil companies. The Minerals Management Service, the federal agency that oversees offshore drilling, has long been criticized for being too close to industry. :eek:

Less than 0.5% of the $787 Billion Democrat stimulus money goes to alternative fuels. :eusa_shhh:

Big Oil companies like Exxon & Chevron have paid zero federal income tax under the Obama administration, yet they recieve federal subsidies. :eek:

Big Oil companies Exxon & Chevron paid higher taxes under the Bush administration. :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

They're not providing us with anything. They're selling it to us.

Obama took millions from BP oil who he allowed to drill the OCS & kill the marine life in the gulf. :eek:

Clinton allowed the federal government's "cozy" relationship with oil companies. The Minerals Management Service, the federal agency that oversees offshore drilling, has long been criticized for being too close to industry. :eek:

Less than 0.5% of the $787 Billion Democrat stimulus money goes to alternative fuels. :eusa_shhh:

Big Oil companies like Exxon & Conoco have paid zero federal income tax under the Obama administration, yet they recieve federal subsidies. :eek:

Big Oil companies Exxon & Conoco paid high taxes under the Bush administration. :eusa_shhh:

If you can provide citations, links and proof of each of those claims, I'll shout it from the highest facebook mountain top that I can find. Please, I want to know the truth. If you can seriously do the work and back all this up, you'll have made a difference.

Obama took millions from BP oil who he allowed to drill the OCS & kill the marine life in the gulf. :eek:

Big Oil companies like Exxon & Conoco have paid zero federal income tax under the Obama administration, yet they recieve federal subsidies. :eek:

Big Oil companies Exxon & Conoco paid high taxes under the Bush administration. :eusa_shhh:

If you can provide citations, links and proof of each of those claims, I'll shout it from the highest facebook mountain top that I can find. Please, I want to know the truth. If you can seriously do the work and back all this up, you'll have made a difference.

Sarah, is that you?:eek:

Obama & Dems took millions from BP oil who they allowed to drill the OCS & kill the marine life in the gulf. :eek:

Big Oil companies like Exxon & Chevron have paid zero federal income tax under the Obama administration, yet they receive federal subsidies. :eek:

Big Oil companies Exxon & Chevron paid higher taxes under the Bush administration. :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
So we are going to condemn the oil companies because of an oil spill????? WTF? Have BP clean it up, fix the problem and move on... Wow! That was difficult.

Obama took millions from BP oil who he allowed to drill the OCS & kill the marine life in the gulf. Obama top recipient of BP contributions last 20 yrs. | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Since your first link does not show that Obama received millions from BP ...I will assume that all of your links are similar lies

You must not have dealt with KissMy before. Your assumptionis probably dead on...

Wow... This took 5 seconds to find...

Obama biggest recipient of BP cash - Erika Lovley - POLITICO.com

Forum List

Back