Dems dare GOP to side with Big Oil

Dems want to have their cake and eat it, too...i.e. they want to merge safety and need.

Reps want to have their cake and fuck the environment because they only care about their own comfort.

Bullshit. The fact is, accidents happen. The right can comprehend there is risk in any endeavor. The left just wants to point fingers when something goes wrong.

Just not at their own party...

No, you just support policies which fuck it in the name of profits for big business.

Yeah. I'm just a hate monger wanting my neighbors to keep their jobs and to be able to support their children. What on earth am I thinking for wanting people to survive?

Oh, it's just about jobs?

If the environment gets screwed badly enough, that can hurt people's survival, too. There are fishermen whose livliehoods are being hurt right now. I'm sure other people's jobs are being hurt by what just happened, too.

These fishermen should take it up with the Obama administration. They exempted this drilling rig from safety regulations and still exempt other rigs as a matter of routine.

In the wake of the BP disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, the Department of the Interior’s Minerals Management Service (MMS) has continued to issue “categorical exclusions” for oil companies, allowing them to bypass the last stage of environmental review before proceeding with drilling projects, an Interior Department official told ABC News Wednesday.

Interior Department Continues to Issue ?Categorical Exclusions? for Oil Drilling, Administration Official Acknowledges - Political Punch

washingtonpost.com

Last edited:
Dems want to have their cake and eat it, too...i.e. they want to merge safety and need.

Reps want to have their cake and fuck the environment because they only care about their own comfort.

Bullshit. The fact is, accidents happen. The right can comprehend there is risk in any endeavor. The left just wants to point fingers when something goes wrong.

So, is Piyush Jindal NOT pointing fingers, or is he NOT on the right?:eusa_whistle:

Who is "Piyush Jindal"?
Do you hate Jindal because his parents were immigrants or because he's dark-skinned?

So, is Piyush Jindal NOT pointing fingers, or is he NOT on the right?:eusa_whistle:

Who is "Piyush Jindal"?
Do you hate Jindal because his parents were immigrants or because he's dark-skinned?

Nice bit of deflection there. Actually, it was cons on here who first brought up his name, not sure why.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Deflect much? If you're waiting on ME to support Jindal, that just shows how wet behind the ears YOU are.

Your response however is perfect insight into leftwingnut, "I can't answer the question so I'll make a totally irrelevant counter accusation". :cuckoo:

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Yeah. I'm just a hate monger wanting my neighbors to keep their jobs and to be able to support their children. What on earth am I thinking for wanting people to survive?

Oh, it's just about jobs?

If the environment gets screwed badly enough, that can hurt people's survival, too. There are fishermen whose livliehoods are being hurt right now. I'm sure other people's jobs are being hurt by what just happened, too.

These fishermen should take it up with the Obama administration. They exempted this drilling rig from safety regulations and still exempt other rigs as a matter of routine.

In the wake of the BP disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, the Department of the Interior’s Minerals Management Service (MMS) has continued to issue “categorical exclusions” for oil companies, allowing them to bypass the last stage of environmental review before proceeding with drilling projects, an Interior Department official told ABC News Wednesday.

Interior Department Continues to Issue ?Categorical Exclusions? for Oil Drilling, Administration Official Acknowledges - Political Punch

washingtonpost.com

Let the admin take some blame, then. Doesn't negate my argument nor the argument for raising the liability cap on oil companies.

Who is in bed with Big Oil?

Obama took millions from BP oil who he allowed to drill the OCS & kill the marine life in the gulf. :eek:

Obama & the Democrats killed bio-fuels that Bush & Republicans started. :eek:

Obama invested Billions in Petro-Bross OCS drilling. :eek:

George Bush banned drilling of the OCS by executive order. :eusa_shhh:

Obama & the Democrats opened the OCS to Off Shore Drilling. :eek:

Clinton allowed the federal government's "cozy" relationship with oil companies. The Minerals Management Service, the federal agency that oversees offshore drilling, has long been criticized for being too close to industry. :eek:

Less than 0.5% of the $787 Billion Democrat stimulus money goes to alternative fuels. :eusa_shhh:

Big Oil companies like Exxon & Conoco have paid zero federal income tax under the Obama administration, yet they recieve federal subsidies. :eek:

Big Oil companies Exxon & Conoco paid high taxes under the Bush administration. :eusa_shhh:

If you can provide citations, links and proof of each of those claims, I'll shout it from the highest facebook mountain top that I can find. Please, I want to know the truth. If you can seriously do the work and back all this up, you'll have made a difference.

Okay. He met the burden of proof. Come on here and put up or shut up.

Gulf of Mexico Activities and OCS Regulatory Trends - March 27, 1998
1998 Minerals Management Service (MMS)

BOP Testing

A study to investigate the performance of blowout prevention (BOP) equipment on offshore drilling rigs was referenced at last year's seminar. The MMS was joined by the Offshore Operators Committee, American Petroleum Institute, National Ocean Industries Association, International Association of Drilling Contractors, and Independent Petroleum Associates of America in funding the BOP Performance Study. The study concluded that no statistical difference in failure rates exists between BOP's tested every seven days and those tested between the 8- to 14-day interval.

The MMS has prepared a Final Rule to implement the findings of the BOP study, specifically allowing operators to test BOP equipment at intervals not to exceed 14 days between tests. The Final Rule should be published by June 1998. As guidance for BOP testing and maintenance, API Recommended Practice 53 will be included by reference in the Subpart D rewrite.

Safety and Pollution Prevention Equipment

A Final Rule regarding quality assurance for safety and pollution prevention equipment (SPPE) used in OCS wells and facilities was published in the Federal Register on August 8, 1997, and became effective on October 7, 1997. The rule allows the use of noncertified valves for as long as the device functions properly. It further addresses under what criteria a noncertified valve must be replaced with a certified valve. After April 1, 1998, an operator may no longer install a noncertified SPPE that is in his inventory.

God you class warfare fucktards are pathetic.... you demonize anything that makes a buck and hold up to the heavens government which bleeds America dry every day.

Brilliant!

God you class warfare fucktards are pathetic.... you demonize anything that makes a buck and hold up to the heavens government which bleeds America dry every day.

Brilliant!
:lol: You want the government to pay for BP's mess up.

And yet you don't want them to regulate the oil companies so these fuck ups don't happen.

Ass.

Brilliant!

And yet you don't want them to regulate the oil companies so these fuck ups don't happen.

Ass.

Of course not you jackass. I don't see how bankrupting BP will make things better. And, while we're at it... who's gonna pay for the $20+ TRILLION FUCKUP that is our bankrupt governement? Seems you are are all too comfortable letting these Washington asshats who FUCK UP EVERYTHING THEY TOUCH browbeat BP... at least BP can manage somethng profitably. The Obama's of the world couldn't run a lemonaide stand profitably.

I'm just asking for a little perspective.

Last edited:
Bankrupting BP will be no one's fault but BP's.

Oh, right...personal responsibility only applies to welfare moms.

Brilliant!

Ass.

Regulations aren't gonna prevent a blowback after the fact.

It was pretty plain to see that the operators of that rig didn't follow the safety procedures that already were in place.

A fucked up entity like our government isn't going to force them to do what they are supposed to. They may fine them after the fact but then it's too late.

Forum List

Back