Demonizing the President

It's full of links to the actual incidents.

So yeah. It'd have to be your opinion.

I looked but DID NOT FIND all the "actual incidents" against Bush by the left.... :dunno:

And just so we're clear - we're talking the press. Not the partisan bumps on the board.

YEP... The press.

Go look it all up.

They were terrible towards Boosh...

If I had no life... I would go back and amass a shitload of terrible things leveed at Bush over the 8 yrs he was POTUS, but it would be an act of futilty.

I am done here for now... good night everybody.

Last edited:
Is everybody going to just ignore this bit?

So since Bill said it I am supposed to agree ?

I can say whatever I want to about Obama.... and YES, I said plenty about Bush as well. They both SUCK!!!

We have not had a real man in The Oval Office since Ronald Wilson Reagan.

And if my memory serves me.... I think the left had a hayday with him as well.

Remember that BD..???? Well I do....

Im sorry my friend, but this touches a nerve with me. Obama is nothing special... this has gone on with every POTUS. Not just Boy Wonder....
This kind of speech (ugly) is what the 1st Amendment was written for...it certainly wasn't for pleasant speech.

Reagan was not a 'man' in my eyes; more like child tied to the designer clothes of "Mommy". The last "real man", if such qualification existed would be Clinton, and he is irritatingly MALE. Bush II made Reagan look passable, which is tough.

Really? You're clueless, and not very bright

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5JSToyiyr8]1981 Reagan fires air traffic controllers - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjWDrTXMgF8]Reagan - Tear Down This Wall - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXBswFfh6AY&feature=relmfu]"A Time for Choosing" by Ronald Reagan - YouTube[/ame]

Is everybody going to just ignore this bit?

I can say whatever I want to about Obama.... and YES, I said plenty about Bush as well. They both SUCK!!!

Im sorry my friend, but this touches a nerve with me. Obama is nothing special... this has gone on with every POTUS. Not just Boy Wonder....
This kind of speech (ugly) is what the 1st Amendment was written for...it certainly wasn't for pleasant speech.

Reagan was not a 'man' in my eyes; more like child tied to the designer clothes of "Mommy". The last "real man", if such qualification existed would be Clinton, and he is irritatingly MALE. Bush II made Reagan look passable, which is tough.

securedownload.jpg

Oops... said I was leaving :lol:

Last edited:

securedownload.jpg

Oops... said I was leaving :lol:

Welcome back!

:clap2:

Eric Boehlert: From "Racist," to "Dick," to Heckling: How the Press Treats Obama

Bill O’Reilly has also stood up against ugly insults against the sitting President of the United States. And the conservative columnist Michael Medved wrote that, with respect to smearing President Obama personally, “it’s particularly unhelpful to focus on alleged bad intentions and rotten character when every survey shows more favorable views of his personality than his policies.” I couldn’t agree more. It also happens to be mean and unbecoming of any self-respecting American.

/snip

The Times' "crybaby" crack wasn't an anomaly in terms of how some in the Beltway press treat Obama. Last month, Washington Post's Dana Milbank mocked Obama as the "first female president" who "brazenly flaunted his feminine mystique."

And last year Halperin, who is seen as something of a megaphone for the Beltway media elite, called out the president as a "dick." (Obama's sin? Being too partisan.) Previously, the pundit had claimed insiders considered Obama to be an "ignorant" "wimp" who's "incompetent and overwhelmed." Also, Obama and his team were "arrogant and clueless."

I don't remember those kind of nasty putdowns from Halperin during the Bush years. Back then, Halperin edited ABC News' The Note, a daily political tip sheet that read like a de facto in-house RNC newsletter, worshiping the supposedly super-savvy ways of Bush and his Republican colleagues.

And isn't the press guilty of encouraging bitter right-wing disrespect by helping to feed its phony smears, like the birther charade. Although dutifully skeptical of the claims regarding Obama's birthplace, that didn't stop the press from covering the story, often extensively, for years. By contrast, I don't recall people who fostered wild conspiracy theories about Bush being paraded around in the mainstream media in order to spread irresponsible claims. Or did I miss all the TV interviews with 9/11 truthers?

The Beltway press has also helped amplify disrespectful, right-wing attacks on First Lady Michelle Obama, by adopting its view that she be covered as a political player, in a way Laura Bush never was.

By repeatedly interrupting the president and yelling caustic questions at him during a nationally televised event, the Daily Caller's Munro reflected how little respect the conservative press now has for the office of the presidency. There's a danger the run-away contempt and casual taunting rubs off on the real press, too.

Smears by conservatives against President Obama and prominent Democrats and liberals |

I’d keep posting examples but I have to now go through all the nasty personal attacks and threats of violence in my Inbox thanks to my radio exchange with Ms. Malkin. Meanwhile, if Michelle Malkin wants to attack the left’s smears while contorting to justify smears from the right and simultaneously try and smear me for attempting to draw an equivalency and hold us ALL to a higher standard, well, I certainly celebrate the right to free speech that allows her to spread such sad nonsense.

I fully expect half the forum to now fall in on my head and explain that blah-blah, Bush first, yada-yada. So I'll just be polite and inform you ahead of time that unless you are willing to discuss the articles at hand, we won't be chatting at all.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGkFPZPK2eY]LIAR-.ROLLINS BAND montage by eots - YouTube[/ame]

Seems to me like it was perfectly acceptable six years ago. Why bitch about it now? Oh, "O", now I see.

Immie

Obama is infinitely better than Bush II, but better than Bush II isn't anything to brag about.

And that comparison has what to do with this moron whining about the treatment that Obama is getting from the right when the left was treating Bush II just as bad if not worse?

Immie

Please, obama has had nothing compared to Bush and his administration

Yes, he does not have the tragic death toll, the poses. the stupidity, nor the greed. Still the economy will finally be the focus, instead of WAR, WAR, DEATH, SADDAM, SADDAM.......and bin Laden "when we get around to it".

And, to be fair, he hasn't been falling down drunk, hasn't made fun of our wounded soldiers with his 'no WMD's there' jokes, hasn't assaulted the German chancellor TWICE or made fun of Americans by French kissing Arab oil sheiks and making huge $$ profits while our soldiers died for him in an illegal war. Gosh, Obama also didn't put on the uniform of every place he spoke as though he had a right to. And, we don't have that wonderful, priceless footage of a frozen Obama reading from a grade school book about My Little Goat while war was being declared on the United States.

BTW, another insult to our sitting president came from Michael Steele on MSNBC when he called the president's words, 'blubber'. Not one word from Chris Mathews. Not one word from MSNBC. And, of course, no apology from weasly, weenie, Steele.

It is simply fact that President Obama has been treated differently than other presidents. And, his wife, our First Lady, who has worked tirelessly for our childrens health and our vet's RIGHTS, has been treated worse than any other first lady in modern times and likely since the very first first lady.

What we see from our president, vice president and their wives is that they just keep on working for the people of the United States. President Obama just keeps right on working for jobs and for economic growth. Our first and second ladies just keep right on working for our vets and our children's health.

But, all of this reflects a lot worse on those who do the name calling. They're really the ones who end up looking like "asswipes".

And, please forgive me for getting down in the gutter with those who use that kind of language here every day.

Thank you, Mr and Mrs President and Mr and Mrs Vice President - for setting an excellent example for the rest of us. You are truly special people and we're luck to have you on our side.

Good article, reasonable opinion. Obama has taken more bizarre hits than any President I can remember. You'd think thousands died from a terrorist attack under his watch, and he let the monsters off the hook to go after a personal enemy. Or a city was inundated by flooding while he pranced around calling himself 'a war President'. Obama is a decent man, I also like him more as a President than as a policy maker however.

Thank you. I always appreciate anyone kind enough to actually read the article and give feedback on it.

Actually, what you 'appreciate' is anyone who does not challenge you or make you think. I can understand why.

Please, obama has had nothing compared to Bush and his administration

Yes, he does not have the tragic death toll, the poses. the stupidity, nor the greed. Still the economy will finally be the focus, instead of WAR, WAR, DEATH, SADDAM, SADDAM.......and bin Laden "when we get around to it".

And, to be fair, he hasn't been falling down drunk, hasn't made fun of our wounded soldiers with his 'no WMD's there' jokes, hasn't assaulted the German chancellor TWICE or made fun of Americans by French kissing Arab oil sheiks and making huge $$ profits while our soldiers died for him in an illegal war. Gosh, Obama also didn't put on the uniform of every place he spoke as though he had a right to. And, we don't have that wonderful, priceless footage of a frozen Obama reading from a grade school book about My Little Goat while war was being declared on the United States.

BTW, another insult to our sitting president came from Michael Steele on MSNBC when he called the president's words, 'blubber'. Not one word from Chris Mathews. Not one word from MSNBC. And, of course, no apology from weasly, weenie, Steele.

It is simply fact that President Obama has been treated differently than other presidents. And, his wife, our First Lady, who has worked tirelessly for our childrens health and our vet's RIGHTS, has been treated worse than any other first lady in modern times and likely since the very first first lady.

What we see from our president, vice president and their wives is that they just keep on working for the people of the United States. President Obama just keeps right on working for jobs and for economic growth. Our first and second ladies just keep right on working for our vets and our children's health.

But, all of this reflects a lot worse on those who do the name calling. They're really the ones who end up looking like "asswipes".

And, please forgive me for getting down in the gutter with those who use that kind of language here every day.

Thank you, Mr and Mrs President and Mr and Mrs Vice President - for setting an excellent example for the rest of us. You are truly special people and we're luck to have you on our side.

You said it better than I ever could. Thanks, mister. :thup:

Forum List

Back