Democrats win last two Wisconsin recall elections

Somehow, some way, against all odds, they unseated two Republicans, gaining two seats in the senate. Keep denying, cock-itch.

what part of *minority* eludes you?

must be tough going through life pegged to the left side of the bell curve.

:eusa_shhh:

what part of "gained two seats in the senate" eludes you? It's called a victory. I guess denial is the best medicine. It must be nice being a delusional asshole.

What part of "we will win back the Senate" do you fail to grasp. Anything short of that is a failure. They have no power to stop or change anything the Republicans want to do.

In other words, 'You just wait until the recall... we'll show you!'..... again... right?

Wow. Dems held onto their minority position. They sure showed us! :rofl:

Laugh it up while you can. January is just around the corner.

Yup, a month ago it was " Just wait till the election" now it is "just wait till January". assuming they even try to recall anyone and lose what will it be then? "wait until November"?

This is what I don't understand, why waist all this money now when there is real election next November?

$45 Million so far and perhaps another $45 Million by January (only to have to defend those seats - and justify these recalls in November). It just seems like an enormous waist of money.

And what happens in November if they win the one seat in January and then their economy tanks again?

Actually, we won. We kept these two seats and gained two from Repubs. You lost. So two similar threads were created at the same time. Wow, that never happens. Thanks for pointing that out, ball-smear.

we?

:rofl:

Is that really that funny, or did you just get owned, and that's all you can come up with? I'm guessing the latter. Keep crying. I love it.

it's funny to me, pal.

keep swinging, corky :thup:

Somehow, some way, against all odds, they unseated two Republicans, gaining two seats in the senate. Keep denying, cock-itch.

what part of "gained two seats in the senate" eludes you? It's called a victory. I guess denial is the best medicine. It must be nice being a delusional asshole.

was the Democratic goal to win 2 of 6 recalls? If so, congrats, they did it.

Problem is, that was NOT their stated goal. They wanted to retake the majority. Tehy failed.

Yeah, it's hilarious that they are ignoring the fact that in January Walker and a fresh crop of Senators are next in line for recall. And the Dems just need to win one of those races.

At the very least, Walker is going down. Considering they just need to win one seat, they're likely to get that too.

They have to do more than win just one seat....they also have to not lose any others.

True. I personally feel that it's too early to put any bets on the next round of recalls (if they even take place). But no honest person can deny that these recall elections were a victory for Dems. So, they didn't take the senate. They came damn close and gained two seats (a historic achievement) in the process. That's not a loss.

Yeah, it's hilarious that they are ignoring the fact that in January Walker and a fresh crop of Senators are next in line for recall. And the Dems just need to win one of those races.

And if they do, you can crow about it all day. Today - your side lost.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Man, you gotta love how deeply cons dive into denial. "Today - your side lost", says the guy from the side that just lost two seats and failed to take any seats from the other side. :confused:

i'm sorry, would you remind me how many of these seats made a difference in control of the senate?

oh, that's right. none.

denial, huh?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you were certain the Dems would win all the recalls this time. They won 2, and still are the minority party in WI.

I was certain? No, I wasn't. Please show me a quote where I said they would win control in the recalls.

Now, you're certain that the Dems will win all the recalls (if there are any) next year, and will again regain the majority and governorship in WI.

Your track record for picking winners appears to suck.

Again, I'm certain? Where do you come up with this?

I said that you are cheering prematurely, that the battle isn't over yet, that Walker and several other Senators will be eligible for recall in January, and that the Dems just need to defeat Walker or flip one seat .... all which happen to be the true.

At no point did I say that anybody was going to win anything with any kind of certainty.

I don't pretend to be an expert in Wisconsin state politics, maybe they can win back the Senate, oust Walker, and establish a liberal utopia where everyone's outcomes in life are equal regardless of intelligence or effort. Who knows? Anything is possible.

But as of today, after all of the recalls are done, after the Unions and leftists poured tens of $Millions into these races, they are still the minority party. If you lefties want to delude yourselves into thinking that is a "woohoo" victory, knock yourselves out. Reality will still be waiting for you when the party is over. :lol:

what part of *the two seats mean nothing* can't you grasp, buckwheat?

you were certain the Dems would win all the recalls this time. They won 2, and still are the minority party in WI.

I was certain? No, I wasn't. Please show me a quote where I said they would win control in the recalls.

Now, you're certain that the Dems will win all the recalls (if there are any) next year, and will again regain the majority and governorship in WI.

I said that you are cheering prematurely, that the battle isn't over yet, that Walker and several other Senators will be eligible for recall in January, and that the Dems just need to defeat Walker or flip one seat .... all which happen to be the true.

At no point did I say that anybody was going to win anything with any kind of certainty.

Really? You didn't say " we will see" or words to that effect?

If I remember correctly, the Republicans originally intiated this "political war" by making salary cuts from the government workers and the public shool teachers and using it to provide tax cuts for the wealthy - and hire the girlfriends of GOP state senators!

Within this context, I was particularily interested in the ongoing saga of Republican State Senator Randy "family-values" Hooper.
Randy "family-values" Hooper recently left his wife and children for the loving arms of his 25 year old girlfriend (20 years his junior) and a former Republican aid. To his credit, Senator Randy didn't do a "Schwarzenegger" and impregate the family maid - and to their credit, both his wife and the family maid signed the petition demanding his recall.

Despite having a $600 000 home in Fond du Lac, a maid and 3 businesses (including 2 radio stations that played automated programing from Fox News Radio), Senator Randy paid no state taxes on his businesses from 1997 to 2008 and paid personal state income tax only once during the same period.

Footnote 1: Despite having more qualified candidates, Hooper's girlfriend was appointed on Feb. 7/2011 by the governor to a position with the Wisconsin government, without ever formally applying for the job - which also included an $11 128 annual raise over her predecessor's salary.

Footnote 2: For reasons known only to themselves, the good citizens of District 18 decided to elect a Democrat to replace Senator Randy.

Last edited:

was the Democratic goal to win 2 of 6 recalls? If so, congrats, they did it.

Problem is, that was NOT their stated goal. They wanted to retake the majority. Tehy failed.

Yeah, keep whistling past the grave yard, buddy. Their goal was to win as many seats as possible. The GOP goal was to not lose any seats. Dems won two seats from the GOP. Therefore, Dems won, GOP lost. Do you understand how that works? Typically, the winner of an election is called a "winner", not a "loser". I know it's inconvenient for you at the moment, but that's just the way it works. Better luck next time.

You are cordially invited to read post #86

CRUSHING DEFEAT FOR REPUBLICANS!

DEMOCRATS HOLD 14 OF 14 SEATS IN RECALL!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Really? The Democrat Party spent $45 million in an attempt to retake the state Senate. Which party still hold the governorship and the entire state legislature. Oh yeah crushing defeat :eusa_eh:
If I remember correctly, the Republicans intiated this "political war" by making salary cuts from the government workers and the public shool teachers and using it to provide tax cuts for the wealthy!

You remember incorrectly.

you, as in Democrats/liberals. You (as in actually YOU) really want to deny that?

So because a few people believed something, that means they all do generally? Does that mean I get to call Conservatives racist using your logic? I'm not going to, because that doesn't make much sense. Much like your comment doesn't.

Really? You didn't say " we will see" or words to that effect?

"We will see" = "I'm not sure"

Don't try to twist my words, RGS, you will lose every time.

If I was certain that something would happen I would say so.

More of your disingenuous bullshit I see. How about you cite for us wher the dems in Wisconsin only wanted to win 2 seats?

There's a difference between being certain of victory in all races and hoping for victory in all 6 races. After all, 2008 seemed like a lost cause for John McCain but there were plenty of republicans on USMB who were hoping he was going to win despite knowing he wasn't likely to.

Forum List

Back