Democrats win last two Wisconsin recall elections

ain't happening

i'll put a pizza on it-from denley's

Didn't I just say I wouln't bet on it? :lol:

Okay, you're on!

you gotta know your opponent's weaknesses

:lol:

it's a deal
Well, I at least hope you'll cut that damn hair, and shave that damn neck before Art has to take you out and pay off that bet.

And remember, it ain't cool to peck your pizza, particularly on the floor.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Didn't I just say I wouln't bet on it? :lol:

Okay, you're on!

it's a deal

You aren't going pull some technicallity on me if they do succeed in iniating a recall but the actual election doesn't happen til another month are you?

nope. i'm counting on the fact that half the legislature is up for election to dim the ardor for a recall.

it's a win/win because no matter what happens, i get pizza :cool:

it's a deal

You aren't going pull some technicallity on me if they do succeed in iniating a recall but the actual election doesn't happen til another month are you?

nope. i'm counting on the fact that half the legislature is up for election to dim the ardor for a recall.

Ah cool. I'm thinking the Walker hate will at least get him a couple of Senators on the block again.

You know how I love to point out the obvious...

What you uber libs seem to be overlooking is this...unions dropped something in the range of 35 million in Wisconsin trying to retake the Senate from Republicans and failed. That fight now moves to Ohio, which has a Republican governor who is basically duplicating what Walker did in Wisconsin. So are the unions going to pump another 35 million into Ohio? And if they do so are they going to pump even more into the same fights in Michigan? Indiana? New Hampshire? Massachusetts? New York?

So here is the crux of the problem for unions...

If they fight all of these State fights...fights that they very well might lose and have to return to fight again (like the Walker recall next Jan.)...they are depleting their war chests of the money that they will desperately need to keep Barack Obama and a bunch of Democrats in office come next November. There is only so much money to spread around and if they want to spend it like they did in Wisconsin then the cupboard will rapidly become bare.

So tell me again that Democrats "won" in Wisconsin...

Even with the money Republicans, including the Koch brothers, poured into the state recall elections, Democrats kept all three of their seats, won two Republican seats and barely lost in three out of four of the other races.

It's pretty clear what Democrats are fighting for.

What are Republicans fighting for?

You still came up a little bit short there deany .:lol:

You just took game one and think you won the World Series.

And you wanna talk about whistling past the graveyard?

Hilarious.
Um, no I don't.

I'm not the one who went way the hell out of the way to get a do-over after losing, only to get pasted again.

This after the slapdown from the WSC election in the spring.

In my scorebook, that reads as the Madison-Milwaukee axis batting a big fat 0-fer.

This, mind you, is in Wisconsin.

In my scorebook the lead has been cut down to one. It ain't over yet.
It's never really over.

That said, it's over until the next election...Which means that Walker's agenda goes on pretty much unobstructed...And his opposition burned through more than $30 million for nothing.

heh...:lol:

Ah cool. I'm thinking the Walker hate will at least get him a couple of Senators on the block again.
If hate is all you have to run on, your engine is running on fumes.

The bulk of the recall effort was based upon the anti-Walker theme, and it flamed out.

As it is with the depublicans, the remocrats can't come up with many decent reasons to vote for them.

Two seats out of six that were up for recall of repubs.

Batting .333 might get you into the Baseball Hall of Fame, but in politics it doesn't give you a piece of shoe leather to chew on.

Their career isn't over yet.

The next round is coming early next year.

They only need to win one seat.

:thup:

Other than a few threads on this board, I have not followed the Wisconsin recall story, so I am not sure what will happen if they manage to win one more seat. Will the new democrat-controlled government undo everything that’s been done by the republicans?

At the risk of repeating myself, seriously, does anyone know what will happen if they win the additional seat? Will anything actually change?

If not, this whole recall thing seems like an awful waste of money just to win a pissing contest.

Um, no I don't.

I'm not the one who went way the hell out of the way to get a do-over after losing, only to get pasted again.

This after the slapdown from the WSC election in the spring.

In my scorebook, that reads as the Madison-Milwaukee axis batting a big fat 0-fer.

This, mind you, is in Wisconsin.

In my scorebook the lead has been cut down to one. It ain't over yet.
It's never really over.

That said, it's over until the next election...Which means that Walker's agenda goes on pretty much unobstructed...And his opposition burned through more than $30 million for nothing.
heh...:lol:

That was the combined spending from both sides in the election, not the opposition.

Their career isn't over yet.

The next round is coming early next year.

They only need to win one seat.

:thup:

Other than a few threads on this board, I have not followed the Wisconsin recall story, so I am not sure what will happen if they manage to win one more seat. Will the new democrat-controlled government undo everything that’s been done by the republicans?

At the risk of repeating myself, seriously, does anyone know what will happen if they win the additional seat? Will anything actually change?

If not, this whole recall thing seems like an awful waste of money just to win a pissing contest.

No, they will not be able to undo any legislation with Walker still having his veto pen but they will be able to provide a check against what is now a government ruled by one party.

If they pick up a seat in January AND Walker goes down though that will change.

Last edited:
what part of "gained two seats in the senate" eludes you? It's called a victory. I guess denial is the best medicine. It must be nice being a delusional asshole.

was the Democratic goal to win 2 of 6 recalls? If so, congrats, they did it.

Problem is, that was NOT their stated goal. They wanted to retake the majority. Tehy failed.

Yeah, keep whistling past the grave yard, buddy. Their goal was to win as many seats as possible. The GOP goal was to not lose any seats. Dems won two seats from the GOP. Therefore, Dems won, GOP lost. Do you understand how that works? Typically, the winner of an election is called a "winner", not a "loser". I know it's inconvenient for you at the moment, but that's just the way it works. Better luck next time.
That one-vote GOP majority becomes significant from an organizational and policy standpoint. That’s because one Republican senator, Dale Schultz, voted against the governor’s assault on collective bargaining —which he referred to as “collossal overreach.”

Schultz has been highly critical of the governor in recent weeks, and the extent to which he decided to work with the Democrats could tip the balance on labor, education and public services issues where the moderate Schultz has differed with his fellow Republicans.

http://www.recallscottwalker.com/2011/08/wisconsin-recall-replaces-two-republican-senators/
JosefK's "astute" appraisal of the current political situation of the Republicans in Wisconsin might be in itself a "collossal overreach" if they can't get a moderate like Dave Schultz to vote the party line.

When the GOP held 19 of the 33 seats, it wasn't a critical issue BUT if the same "collective bargaining" issue was held today and with Schulz's vote, it would be a 17-17 tie.

In 2012, there will be a whole new round of recall petitions against GOP state senators once they've served one year in office. Potentially, that's another 13 GOP state senators that could be challenged

Last edited:

The bulk of the recall effort was based upon the anti-Walker theme, and it flamed out.

As it is with the depublicans, the remocrats can't come up with many decent reasons to vote for them.

An anti-Walker themed recall effort for people not named Walker was able to get 6 GOP senators on the block. I'm thinking an anti-Walker themed recall for the actual man will at minimum get him on the block.

An anti-Walker themed recall effort for people not named Walker was able to get 6 GOP senators on the block. I'm thinking an anti-Walker themed recall for the actual man will at minimum get him on the block.

Why do you care? Do you live in Wisconsin

I care because it's an indicator of how people are responding to the way the newly elected radicals have chosen to govern and an indicator of what may coming nationally in 2012.

I care because it's an indicator of how people are responding to the way the newly elected radicals have chosen to govern and an indicator of what may coming nationally in 2012.

Fire them all.

Fire them all.

Ya who cares if their policies actually worked, saved jobs and saved money. What is important is that we should cow tow to Unions. Or didn't every one get the memo?

Remind me again how much Obama and the Democrats gave the Unions in the stimulus package?

No what you care about is that someone was elected to cut spending and did what he was elected to do, now you're pissed. Because what he did might cause other govenors to do the same thing.

Fire them all.

Ya who cares if their policies actually worked, saved jobs and saved money. What is important is that we should cow tow to Unions. Or didn't every one get the memo?

Remind me again how much Obama and the Democrats gave the Unions in the stimulus package?

Im talking about firing everyone in 2012. Obama, Boehner, everyone.

Forum List

Back