Democrats will use this for 2012 elections

But of course they will. The are the champions at using CLASS WARFARE.

Depends where the economy is in 2012. If it's still in the crapper despite the GOP's claims that tax cuts for the wealthy will spur growth, then this will hurt their chances. If the economy has recovered, then no one is likely to remember this one way or the other.

Depends where the economy is in 2012. If it's still in the crapper despite the GOP's claims that tax cuts for the wealthy will spur growth, then this will hurt their chances.
EIGHT YEARS wasn't long-enough to evaluate whether-or-not tax-cuts spur growth?????

:eusa_eh:

Depends where the economy is in 2012. If it's still in the crapper despite the GOP's claims that tax cuts for the wealthy will spur growth, then this will hurt their chances.
EIGHT YEARS wasn't long-enough to evaluate whether-or-not tax-cuts spur growth?????

:eusa_eh:

Its amazing isn't it. Failed Policy is failed policy. But apparently tax cuts just need more time to work.

Treasury Says 1993 Increase Is Helping Cut the Deficit
President Clinton sold the 1993 income-tax increase as a way to shrink the budget deficit at the expense of the rich.
Republican adversaries predicted it wouldn’t generate much revenue because the rich would work less and take bigger deductions. Now there’s growing, if still tentative, evidence that Mr. Clinton may have been right after all.
The recent flood of revenue pouring into Treasury coffers—enough to push the federal budget to a record $93.94 billion surplus for the month of April—appears to have come mostly from the nation’s biggest earners, indicating that the controversial tax increase may indeed be taking from the rich. "The available data suggest the surge in tax collections has come from the taxpayers with high incomes, who were the only ones affected by the 1993 changes," says Deputy Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers.
Corporate taxes, which were increased modestly under the 1993 law, also have brought in more revenue, but at about the level the Treasury had been predicting…
The package, part of the 1993 budget agreement, drew harsh criticism from the right. Texas GOP Rep. Dick Armey, who is now the House majority leader, predicted dire results, "Who can blame many second-earner families for deciding that the sacrifice of a second job is no longer worth it?" he wrote...
"The basic fact is that people looked at the 1993 budget agreement and said there’d be a recession, the deficit would go way up and that tax collections would go way down," says Mr. Summers. "What has happened is there has been a boom, the deficit has gone way down and tax collections have gone way up." —WALL STREET JOURNAL, May 22, 1997, A2.

source

Its the lie created long ago that Reagan found out and ran on.

It worked for a long time , how I wish people would wake up.

You mean Democrats are going to try to divide people and stir up hatred and greed against the so called wealthy? Say it isn't so!

I think you are being overly optimistic for a recovery. We are entering a period of inflation right now. I dont think the economy can ignore that. Nor do I think it will ignore the fact that Democrats primited to let taxes rise before the new year. That is going to seriously injure the economy even more.

As it is, people have been taking profits this year to avoid taxation at the higher rate next year. So this years numbers are going to be higher than they actually are. While next year... it's going to look ugly.

And don't forget all the other factors going on. European economies are struggling and there are riots in several countries. We are literally burning through our food supply to create ethanol because for some reason we aren't allowed to drill for oil, dig for coal, or build nuclear facilities. And we are spending more than we have to the point where tax revenues may barely cover interests rates soon.

If you expect to see a recovery, then you really need to explain how we aren't hurt by the things I just mentioned. Cause you can deny it all you want, but these are real issues that you can't just ignore.

I expect to see riots in the street before we see a recovery. And that's pretty darn sad.

It's my money. And I'm sick of giving it to the government to waste

I'm not on this planet to give my money to the government nor to other countries or ghetto dwelling drug addicts.

I want my money for me. Screw everyone else. Why should I have to pay huge taxes just cuz I make money. It's sick

the rich do spend when they have MORE of their money to spend. Duh!

I don't have a business to employ others. I have a business to earn money for me.

And I don't need or want the government redistributing my wealth.

Last edited:
You mean Democrats are going to try to divide people and stir up hatred and greed against the so called wealthy? Say it isn't so!

I think you are being overly optimistic for a recovery. We are entering a period of inflation right now. I dont think the economy can ignore that. Nor do I think it will ignore the fact that Democrats primited to let taxes rise before the new year. That is going to seriously injure the economy even more.

As it is, people have been taking profits this year to avoid taxation at the higher rate next year. So this years numbers are going to be higher than they actually are. While next year... it's going to look ugly.

And don't forget all the other factors going on. European economies are struggling and there are riots in several countries. We are literally burning through our food supply to create ethanol because for some reason we aren't allowed to drill for oil, dig for coal, or build nuclear facilities. And we are spending more than we have to the point where tax revenues may barely cover interests rates soon.

If you expect to see a recovery, then you really need to explain how we aren't hurt by the things I just mentioned. Cause you can deny it all you want, but these are real issues that you can't just ignore.

I expect to see riots in the street before we see a recovery. And that's pretty darn sad.

That alone says volumes. Conservatives want the private sector to have more control over the economy, yet the greedy bastards do nothing but hoard their profits rather than expanding their businesses to benefit the overall economy.

It's my money. And I'm sick of giving it to the government to waste

I'm not on this planet to give my money to the government nor to other countries or ghetto dwelling drug addicts.

I want my money for me. Screw everyone else. Why should I have to pay huge taxes just cuz I make money. It's sick

the rich do spend when they have MORE of their money to spend. Duh!

I don't have a business to employ others. I have a business to earn money for me.

And I don't need or want the government redistributing my wealth.

Thanks for at least admitting you're an honest greedy American.

But of course they will. The are the champions at using CLASS WARFARE.

Because it exists. It isn't some wild theory. In the United States, the richest 1% of households owns 38 percent of all wealth.

Yet they have no more rights and liberties than anyone else who is an American citizen.

I hope you havent forgotten that.

Excuse me? I sure would like to have all the tax credits they can take off their 1040's. How many millionnaires do you think actually PAY 35%?

Forum List

Back