Democrats will go it alone on healthcare

Yep and a much higher than expected unemployment rate is proof that is working.:cuckoo:

You insult yourself with every post that you write.

Nice try, Pilgrim.

We are very lucky we didn't have another Great Depression. Now confidence is returning, but we still have a long way to go.

Why 10% unemployment when the stimulus was all about jobs, jobs and more jobs? The stimulus has made things worse, it has tied up capital that could have been used to in the private sector. If the private sector had more capital to work with unemployment would be under 8%. Instead we have a government padding welfare.

Hardly.

The "private sector" destroy the economy. Now we have to rebuild it, and more importantly re-regulate it. The firewalls set up after the Great Depression need to be restored.

When the right has no facts, they resort to personal insults.

The problem is, they never have facts.

When an entire economy collapses, the government has to be the demand of last resort. The Congress and the President did that, and it is working.

Otherwise things would be much worse.

Yep and a much higher than expected unemployment rate is proof that is working.:cuckoo:

You insult yourself with every post that you write.

Yer slippin. Now it is "expected", not "promised" by Obama.

You tell me...
ARRA News Service: Today in Washington D. C. - Aug 3, 2009 - Stimulus Fall Short; Do You Believe Them On Health Care?
Meanwhile, Americans are anxiously looking to Friday’s unemployment report to see how the economy is doing. It will also provide another opportunity to evaluate the Obama administration’s $787 billion economic stimulus bill. Already, though, it’s become clear that it has not lived up to the predictions the administration made at the time it was passed. As Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said on “Meet the Press” recently, “The president said rush and spend it; pass it, we’ll hold unemployment to 8%, which now [it’s] pretty clear we’re going to 10, in my state it’s almost 11. By any measurable index, the stimulus package has been a failure.”

In June, Obama’s economic advisers predicted unemployment would remain at 8% or below through this year if the economic stimulus plan was approved. But, unemployment rose to a 26-year high of 9.5% in June. In January, Larry Summers, a key economic advisor to President Obama predicted the stimulus would create up to 4 million jobs. But over 3.3 million jobs have been lost this year. Even at the state level, there is little in the way of job creation. The Denver Post reported yesterday that, according to the White House, the stimulus was supposed to create 59,000 jobs in Colorado. But “state officials can link fewer than 1,000 new full-time-equivalent positions to stimulus spending.” Mark Cavanaugh, the director of Democrat Governor Bill Ritter’s economy recovery team, said of the estimated jobs number, ‘I have no idea where that number came from. . . . I think it was pin the tail on the donkey.”

Great, pin the tail on the donkey, that has to make you feel real good.

Nice try, Pilgrim.

We are very lucky we didn't have another Great Depression. Now confidence is returning, but we still have a long way to go.

Why 10% unemployment when the stimulus was all about jobs, jobs and more jobs? The stimulus has made things worse, it has tied up capital that could have been used to in the private sector. If the private sector had more capital to work with unemployment would be under 8%. Instead we have a government padding welfare.

Hardly.

The "private sector" destroy the economy. Now we have to rebuild it, and more importantly re-regulate it. The firewalls set up after the Great Depression need to be restored.

Where does the majority of American jobs come from, the private sector or the public sector?

The interesting thing that will happen after Oama finally stops with this bi partisan crap is this....the righty's will say, but Obama is a liar, he said he wanted to have bi partisan support...he is doing this by himself. He is a liar even though no matter what he says, we are going to say no.

That is just sad.

Obama, you tied this bi partisan thing, its not working, they will try to stop you no matter what because they want you to fail so they can get control again in a few years.

Republicans could care less about how many people don't have insurance, they want power, screw the people.

Bs and lies...read HR 3400 I have posted it in this thread already, it's the Rep. alternative. It helps insure people and lower costs. The great thing about HR 3400 is that it doesn't prescribe a governmental takeover of the health care system. Imagine that...

You tell me...
ARRA News Service: Today in Washington D. C. - Aug 3, 2009 - Stimulus Fall Short; Do You Believe Them On Health Care?
Meanwhile, Americans are anxiously looking to Friday’s unemployment report to see how the economy is doing. It will also provide another opportunity to evaluate the Obama administration’s $787 billion economic stimulus bill. Already, though, it’s become clear that it has not lived up to the predictions the administration made at the time it was passed. As Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said on “Meet the Press” recently, “The president said rush and spend it; pass it, we’ll hold unemployment to 8%, which now [it’s] pretty clear we’re going to 10, in my state it’s almost 11. By any measurable index, the stimulus package has been a failure.”

In June, Obama’s economic advisers predicted unemployment would remain at 8% or below through this year if the economic stimulus plan was approved. But, unemployment rose to a 26-year high of 9.5% in June. In January, Larry Summers, a key economic advisor to President Obama predicted the stimulus would create up to 4 million jobs. But over 3.3 million jobs have been lost this year. Even at the state level, there is little in the way of job creation. The Denver Post reported yesterday that, according to the White House, the stimulus was supposed to create 59,000 jobs in Colorado. But “state officials can link fewer than 1,000 new full-time-equivalent positions to stimulus spending.” Mark Cavanaugh, the director of Democrat Governor Bill Ritter’s economy recovery team, said of the estimated jobs number, ‘I have no idea where that number came from. . . . I think it was pin the tail on the donkey.”

Your source is a right-wing blog, and you provide no supporting data at all for the following statements:

"In June, Obama’s economic advisers predicted unemployment would remain at 8% or below through this year"

"In January, Larry Summers, a key economic advisor to President Obama predicted the stimulus would create up to 4 million jobs. But over 3.3 million jobs have been lost this year. "

As long as the right-wing keeps blatantly lying about the health care bill, I will not accept anything they say at face value. So post the figures.

Quoting a blogger is just about as valid source-wise as quoting another poster.

Nice try, Pilgrim.

Hardly.

you mean the ones that CLINTON undid? Is that what you mean you, Ms. Lewinsky?

You tell me...

Your source is a right-wing blog, and you provide no supporting data at all for the following statements:

"In June, Obama’s economic advisers predicted unemployment would remain at 8% or below through this year"

"In January, Larry Summers, a key economic advisor to President Obama predicted the stimulus would create up to 4 million jobs. But over 3.3 million jobs have been lost this year. "

As long as the right-wing keeps blatantly lying about the health care bill, I will not accept anything they say at face value. So post the figures.

Attack the source, big surprise...
About 1,000 jobs in Colorado are linked to federal stimulus - The Denver Post
"I have no idea where that number came from," he said. "I think it was pin the tail on the donkey."

Denver post good enough for you?

The white house predictions of unemployment, pre-stimulus....
$Hoven 6 6 09.JPG
The shedding of jobs....
$descriptionimage002.jpg

But I am sure these sources will somehow be partisian as well........:eusa_whistle:

You tell me...

I'd quote you LWC...........honest.:eusa_angel:

You tell me...

I'd quote you LWC...........honest.:eusa_angel:

I would to if I wanted to show the idiocy of the liberal position relating to health care reform.:eusa_whistle:

The interesting thing that will happen after Oama finally stops with this bi partisan crap is this....the righty's will say, but Obama is a liar, he said he wanted to have bi partisan support...he is doing this by himself. He is a liar even though no matter what he says, we are going to say no.

That is just sad.

Obama, you tied this bi partisan thing, its not working, they will try to stop you no matter what because they want you to fail so they can get control again in a few years.

Republicans could care less about how many people don't have insurance, they want power, screw the people.

Bs and lies...read HR 3400 I have posted it in this thread already, it's the Rep. alternative. It helps insure people and lower costs. The great thing about HR 3400 is that it doesn't prescribe a governmental takeover of the health care system. Imagine that...

Go tell that you to the people who live longer, pay less for health care, and have better access -- the French, the English, the Australians, the Dutch, the Canadians, and another dozen countries whose populations are in better health than ours for less expense.

The government control is far less dangerous to our collective health as a country than the health insurance industry. Guys, the corporatists not only despise you, they hate you for every dollar they unwilling spend on you.

Health care reform is coming, and the health insurance industry can "wah" all it wants.

That is just sad.

Go tell that you to the people who live longer, pay less for health care, and have better access -- the French, the English, the Australians, the Dutch, the Canadians, and another dozen countries whose populations are in better health than ours for less expense.

The government control is far less dangerous to our collective health as a country than the health insurance industry. Guys, the corporatists not only despise you, they hate you for every dollar they unwilling spend on you.

Health care reform is coming, and the health insurance industry can "wah" all it wants.

Some many countries do healthcare better than we do.

We are a laughingstock.

That is just sad.

prove they live longer because of their healthcare and not more because of lifestyle differences

divecon, what you just wrote is perhaps the most idiotic statement of the entire week.

That is just sad.

LOL...

VANCOUVER — Vancouver patients needing neurosurgery, treatment for vascular diseases and other medically necessary procedures can expect to wait longer for care, NDP health critic Adrian Dix said Monday.

Dix said a Vancouver Coastal Health Authority document shows it is considering chopping more than 6,000 surgeries in an effort to make up for a dramatic budgetary shortfall that could reach $200 million.

“This hasn’t been announced by the health authority … but these cuts are coming,” Dix said, citing figures gleaned from a leaked executive summary of “proposed VCH surgical reductions.”

The health authority confirmed the document is genuine, but said it represents ideas only.

“It is a planning document. It has not been approved or implemented,” said spokeswoman Anna Marie D’Angelo.

Dr. Brian Brodie, president of the BC Medical Association, called the proposed surgical cuts “a nightmare.”

“Why would you begin your cost-cutting measures on medically necessary surgery? I just can’t think of a worse place,” Brodie said.

According to the leaked document, Vancouver Coastal — which oversees the budget for Vancouver General and St. Paul’s hospitals, among other health-care facilities — is looking to close nearly a quarter of its operating rooms starting in September and to cut 6,250 surgeries, including 24 per cent of cases scheduled from September to March and 10 per cent of all medically necessary elective procedures this fiscal year.

The plan proposes cutbacks to neurosurgery, ophthalmology, vascular surgery, and 11 other specialized areas.

As many of 112 full-time jobs — including 13 anesthesiologist positions — would be affected by the reductions, the document says.

“Clearly this will impact the capacity of the health-care system to provide care, not just now but in the future,” Dix said.

Further reductions in surgeries are scheduled during the Olympics, when the health authority plans to close approximately a third of its operating rooms.

Two weeks ago, Dix released a Fraser Health Authority draft communications plan listing proposed clinical care cuts, including a 10-per-cent cut in elective surgeries and longer waits for MRI scans.

The move comes after the province acknowledged all health authorities together will be forced to cut staff, limit some services and increase fees to find $360 million in savings during the current fiscal year.

Some many countries do healthcare better than we do.

We are a laughingstock.
Almost there Chris to the truth, just one problem, change the we to you and you have a true statement.

divecon, what you just wrote is perhaps the most idiotic statement of the entire week.
if you had a fucking clue, you wouldnt have said that
but you did and proved you are a fucking moron and dont understand that most europeans live a much healthier lifestyle than most americans

if you had a fucking clue, you wouldnt have said that
but you did and proved you are a fucking moron and dont understand that most europeans live a much healthier lifestyle than most americans

DiveCon is right, we sit around more, very few Americans (legal ones anyway) do any actual work, and our junk food is full of crap ... which many people in our country live off.

Still waiting for someone to provide an explanation for how the Republicans have blocked anything. They can not even filibuster in the Senate. The Democrats have overwhelming numbers in both the House and the Senate.

Forum List

Back