Democrats will go it alone on healthcare

Just to let you know, divecon, that was a gross oversimplification for illustrative purposes and tries to explain "saved" but there is much more to it, and there is a fulcrum effect in play that is hard to explain......like in the saved, versus slot being opened thing.........
sorry, but if you have to use a shitload of doublespeak to define a "saved" job, then its more than likely BULLSHIT

Just to let you know, divecon, that was a gross oversimplification for illustrative purposes and tries to explain "saved" but there is much more to it, and there is a fulcrum effect in play that is hard to explain......like in the saved, versus slot being opened thing.........
sorry, but if you have to use a shitload of doublespeak to define a "saved" job, then its more than likely BULLSHIT

There was no doublespeak there DC, just dry analysis. Economics is a fudgy sort of science. I tried to explain to you what "saved" means for the sake of how it was being used in this conversation.

There was no doublespeak there DC, just dry analysis. Economics is a fudgy sort of science. I tried to explain to you what "saved" means for the sake of how it was being used in this conversation.

No, I agree with DiveCon, it is doublespeak. Whenever you over simplify anything it's doublespeak. Economics is actually much simpler than you are making it out to be, real economics though, and not the phony money people have been wasting for too long.

so, if i dont lose a job that i was never in any danger of losing, my job is "saved"

:lol:

No, I agree with DiveCon, it is doublespeak. Whenever you over simplify anything it's doublespeak. Economics is actually much simpler than you are making it out to be, real economics though, and not the phony money people have been wasting for too long.
its called con-artistry

so, if i dont lose a job that i was never in any danger of losing, my job is "saved"

:lol:

She said nothing of the kind.

It's oversimplified because I'm not writing a dissertation to be able to satisfy your petty BS and waste of bandwidth crying jags. If ya'll were really interested in any type of scholarship or assessing the meanings of things you wouldn't ask me, wouldja? And economics is NOT simple, it isn't concrete and it isn't something you know anything about. I said my explanation was oversimplified as a disclaimer. That it wasn't the "end all, be all" of what is taking place. Get your own box, cheezit.

It's oversimplified because I'm not writing a dissertation to be able to satisfy your petty BS and waste of bandwidth crying jags. If ya'll were really interested in any type of scholarship or assessing the meanings of things you wouldn't ask me, wouldja? And economics is NOT simple, it isn't concrete and it isn't something you know anything about. I said my explanation was oversimplified as a disclaimer. That it wasn't the "end all, be all" of what is taking place. Get your own box, cheezit.

Actually, it is simple, if you get rid of all the excess regulation and red tape. Supply and demand is not a difficult concept to "get" really. If the healthcare industry was subjected to that law, after getting rid of the scare tactics the FDA and AMA uses to drum up support, it would not cost nearly as much as it does, neither would education ... or anything for that matter.

Actually, it is simple, if you get rid of all the excess regulation and red tape. Supply and demand is not a difficult concept to "get" really. If the healthcare industry was subjected to that law, after getting rid of the scare tactics the FDA and AMA uses to drum up support, it would not cost nearly as much as it does, neither would education ... or anything for that matter.

You're almost to China, keep digging.:doubt:

In fact, I really don't remember Mr Obama saying he was going to wave a magic wand and fix the economy in 6 months.

I do remember him saying that we were in big trouble and could very well be facing a Depression if we didn't act immediately.

Of course the talking heads, with their 24-hour news cycle, like to conveniently forget that.

It took 2 years for Reagan to recover from his recession, and you all seem to love him...

...So give everyone a break already, k?
you mean Carters recession

Hey, no-one said Carter's presidency didn't suck. At least I didn't.

In fact, I really don't remember Mr Obama saying he was going to wave a magic wand and fix the economy in 6 months.

I do remember him saying that we were in big trouble and could very well be facing a Depression if we didn't act immediately.

Of course the talking heads, with their 24-hour news cycle, like to conveniently forget that.

It took 2 years for Reagan to recover from his recession, and you all seem to love him...

...So give everyone a break already, k?
you mean Carters recession

Hey, no-one said Carter's presidency didn't suck. At least I didn't.
just keeping it in perspective

So, if something is not explained in short, easy-to-understand sound bites, it's "doublespeak"?

Or if someone summarizes a complex idea, that's also "doublespeak"?

I guess I'm confused by that at least.

But I understood where Veritas was coming from...

So, if something is not explained in short, easy-to-understand sound bites, it's "doublespeak"?

no
but they didnt quantify what actually means to "save a job"

lets put it this way
you guys would have screamed bloody murder had Bush ever made a claim that he "saved jobs"

no

Quantify?

How about we set some ground rules?

#1 We post in English, with acceptable definitions for words and stuff.......k?

no

Quantify?

How about we set some ground rules?

#1 We post in English, with acceptable definitions for words and stuff.......k?
quantify - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

does that help?

Created or saved! LOL! The new metric that measures NOTHING!

And considering Unemployment is one of the LAST things to rise during any recession, the current unemployment rate stems from the PREVIOUS administration.

Plus it's impossible to measure how many jobs would have been lost due to the recession of the last administration.

Which means that this entire conversation means "nothing". Whether the stimulus works or not is not going to be showing itself in unemployment numbers yet, except in relation to how many jobs were saved and that number is incalculable.

DBS....does 1.8 trillion dollar budget deficit mean anything to you? Maybe when, your money is good for nothing except toilet paper, you will get the point. Buffet understands what budget deficits can do to economic systems. Have you seen his statements about the US deficit?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back