Democrats War on God.

OP is backwards. The republicans are trying to push god into schools, Democrats are defending our tradition of separating church and state.
Democrats are defending our tradition of separating church and state.

Is that a Constitutional right?
Generally considered to be part of the first amendment though not written out in that form:. "Separation of church and state" is paraphrased from Thomas Jefferson and used by others in expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States which reads: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia

It's not that hard dude.

The Anabaptists were the ones who convinced Jefferson that the state should have no authority over religion.

There is no *right* to separation of church and state. You have the human right to worship according to your conscience. Our constitution protects that right.

Not the right of teachers to teach children that there is no God, that God has nothing to do with our creation. There is no right of teachers to punish children for praying in class. School adminisitrators certainly do not have the right nor the authority to tell school district employees that they may not utter the word *God* or dare to acknowledge their own faith or discuss it in school.

In what schools are the children being taught that there is no supreme being? Where is this occurring?

Children are not being punished for praying. Anyone can pray anywhere. The punishment is for either not paying attention to the subject at hand or for disrupting the class. I used to pray in class, usually before an algebra test, but I spoke with my Creator silently, and I'm sure that s/he knew. When I got yelled at, it was usually for reading a book on my lap. School employees can be told to keep their religious opinions out of their lessons. They are not being paid to indoctrinate their students or to recruit when the children's parents are not present.

When is everyone going to learn that not all people practice the same faith? Even among what are considered the world's "major" faiths, these faiths are broken down into factions. The differences of sects within the Christian faith alone are legion. And why do you suppose that the Islamic factions of Sunni and Shia are always fighting, and with astonishing casualties?

Again, let the parents tend their responsibility to train their own children. It is they who are in charge of creating a faith-inspired home for their children. It is they who light the candles and say the prayers that begin the Hebrew Sabbath on Friday night, it is they who see their children to Catholic Mass on Sunday or Protestant Sunday worship services. Muslim parents will teach their children how to wash up before the five times of prayer in the day of the faithful Muslim. I cannot do anything else but apologize to those Hindus, Buddhist, Sikhs, Bahai, Wiccans, and many others for my unfamiliarity with their beliefs and practices.

Our public schools, which I personally have paid dearly for, are intended to provide all comers with a decent, basic education. The parents have to do the rest.

OP is backwards. The republicans are trying to push god into schools, Democrats are defending our tradition of separating church and state.

Generally considered to be part of the first amendment though not written out in that form:. "Separation of church and state" is paraphrased from Thomas Jefferson and used by others in expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States which reads: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

It's not that hard dude.

The Anabaptists were the ones who convinced Jefferson that the state should have no authority over religion.

There is no *right* to separation of church and state. You have the human right to worship according to your conscience. Our constitution protects that right.

Not the right of teachers to teach children that there is no God, that God has nothing to do with our creation. There is no right of teachers to punish children for praying in class. School adminisitrators certainly do not have the right nor the authority to tell school district employees that they may not utter the word *God* or dare to acknowledge their own faith or discuss it in school.

In what schools are the children being taught that there is no supreme being? Where is this occurring?

Children are not being punished for praying. Anyone can pray anywhere. The punishment is for either not paying attention to the subject at hand or for disrupting the class. I used to pray in class, usually before an algebra test, but I spoke with my Creator silently, and I'm sure that s/he knew. When I got yelled at, it was usually for reading a book on my lap. School employees can be told to keep their religious opinions out of their lessons. They are not being paid to indoctrinate their students or to recruit when the children's parents are not present.

When is everyone going to learn that not all people practice the same faith? Even among what are considered the world's "major" faiths, these faiths are broken down into factions. The differences of sects within the Christian faith alone are legion. And why do you suppose that the Islamic factions of Sunni and Shia are always fighting, and with astonishing casualties?

Again, let the parents tend their responsibility to train their own children. It is they who are in charge of creating a faith-inspired home for their children. It is they who light the candles and say the prayers that begin the Hebrew Sabbath on Friday night, it is they who see their children to Catholic Mass on Sunday or Protestant Sunday worship services. Muslim parents will teach their children how to wash up before the five times of prayer in the day of the faithful Muslim. I cannot do anything else but apologize to those Hindus, Buddhist, Sikhs, Bahai, Wiccans, and many others for my unfamiliarity with their beliefs and practices.

Our public schools, which I personally have paid dearly for, are intended to provide all comers with a decent, basic education. The parents have to do the rest.
Actually, our public schools are intended to provide an education for the children of the parents who belong in the school district...and they are obliged to provide the education those people demand.

If you don't have kids in the schools, you should neither be required to pay, nor should you have any say, in what is taught there.

It's not that hard dude.

And who said that all people practice the same faith? Not me.

“If the non-narcissistic person ever starts to get close to the core of any argument, or to the core of the narcissist’s deep, true lack of self-regard, the narcissist will go into overdrive to “divert” them away from the topic at hand,” says Glass.

"An example of this would be someone turning the conversation to “crazy/off-track topics, or “escalating” the discussion to something more personal."

6 Tactics Narcissists Will Use To Silence You – Urbo

what makes you think I'm a democrat? what have democrats done for the people in the past 40 years?

you got sent down here because you OP is full of shit. take off your shoes, have a beer, and read some of the other threads down here in the fz. you may actually grow a sense of humor
Communist?
what does it matter? I'm the one welcoming you to the fz, a little less bullshit and a lot more fun than your hate bait
Must be good bait. It hooked you.
I like seeing noobs in the fz.

who hooked who?
I hooked a corrupt biased moderator. So what do you do for a living? Fence stolen toilet seats?
I have fun right here. did you read any of the other threads down here or are you stuck on blaming libs for causing all the trouble in your life?

Yeah, we wouldn’t dare want these fucked up and twisted LefTard kids to be touched or influenced by a little biblical morality would we?

"Biblical morality" like taking slaves, dashing one's enemies' babies' heads against the rocks, stoning people to death and offering one's daughters up for rape?

It's no wonder democrats are accused of being communists.
Minnesota Democrats wage war on God, faith and American history

Care to essplain to the class how defending the spirit of the United States Constitution wages a "war on God"? Or on "American history"?

What the fuck does "God" have to do with schooling anyway? That is, assuming one does not live in a theocracy?

Or DO we live in a theocracy? Maybe I slept through an Amendment process....
All your currency that says " In God we trust" can be donated to me if it offends you. Thanks.

I mentioned nothing about being "offended". What offends me on this issue (or on most for that matter) is intentional stupidity.

The fact is there are four questions I actually did post there, and you addressed zero of them.

Communist?
what does it matter? I'm the one welcoming you to the fz, a little less bullshit and a lot more fun than your hate bait
Must be good bait. It hooked you.
I like seeing noobs in the fz.

who hooked who?
I hooked a corrupt biased moderator. So what do you do for a living? Fence stolen toilet seats?
I have fun right here. did you read any of the other threads down here or are you stuck on blaming libs for causing all the trouble in your life?
Oh, my life is good. I do blame the left for their failed policies and waste of taxpayer's money.

Care to essplain to the class how defending the spirit of the United States Constitution wages a "war on God"? Or on "American history"?

What the fuck does "God" have to do with schooling anyway? That is, assuming one does not live in a theocracy?

All your currency that says " In God we trust" can be donated to me if it offends you. Thanks.

I mentioned nothing about being "offended". What offends me on this issue (or on most for that matter) is intentional stupidity.

The fact is there are four questions I actually did post there, and you addressed zero of them.
I don't read through everything posted here. If a post begins with ignorance in the first few sentences, I move on.

I don't read through everything posted here. If a post begins with ignorance in the first few sentences, I move on.

The first few sentences --- in fact ALL the sentences save the last one --- were all those questions that you danced around answering. *NONE* of them said anything about "being offended". You just made that up.

The first few sentences --- in fact ALL the sentences save the last one --- were all those questions that you danced around answering. *NONE* of them said anything about "being offended". You just made that up.
Whatever. If you have a question, ask it now.

Oh, my life is good. I do blame the left for their failed policies and waste of taxpayer's money.
read the ruling on Kitzmiller v. Dover. this is settled law. taxpayer money is going to christian churches thanks to republican voters.
real conservatives left the republican party a long time ago when they spent $6 trillion to go abroad in search of monsters and their kids came home with missing limbs

OK. Here it is.

Why have you failed to address any of my original questions?

It's not that hard dude.

And who said that all people practice the same faith? Not me.

“If the non-narcissistic person ever starts to get close to the core of any argument, or to the core of the narcissist’s deep, true lack of self-regard, the narcissist will go into overdrive to “divert” them away from the topic at hand,” says Glass.

"An example of this would be someone turning the conversation to “crazy/off-track topics, or “escalating” the discussion to something more personal."

6 Tactics Narcissists Will Use To Silence You – Urbo

I am now convinced that you truly off your rocker. Whatever I have typed, you have dismissed without thought. You even dismiss without comment that parents are in charge of creating a faith-inspired atmosphere in their homes.

Yeah, we wouldn’t dare want these fucked up and twisted LefTard kids to be touched or influenced by a little biblical morality would we?

"Biblical morality" like taking slaves, dashing one's enemies' babies' heads against the rocks, stoning people to death and offering one's daughters up for rape?

Sure...if that’s all your simple mind wants to take from the context.

read the ruling on Kitzmiller v. Dover. this is settled law. taxpayer money is going to christian churches thanks to republican voters.
real conservatives left the republican party a long time ago when they spent $6 trillion to go abroad in search of monsters and their kids came home with missing limbs
No such thing as "settled law".

OK. Here it is.

Why have you failed to address any of my original questions?
Either post one or move on. Not playing.

there is such a thing as natural law. no religion can change that

It's not that hard dude.

Teachers don't teach that. They don't teach that there is either. You wanna indoctrinated yet kids in a church? Go for it.

But don't fuck with mine.

Yes, there is. The law of gravity, etc.

OK..I'll bite..name a natural law..and name the consequences for breaking it? It appears to me that Religion can obviate any law..just by invoking the name of God...or so history has shown us. What I've not seen in history is any universal law..that is..'natural'.

For a law to be a natural law..I would think that it must cut across all cultures and races..i.e. it would have to be a universal law, right? What determines a law vs just a 'right' way of doing things? Consequences?

Forum List

Back