Democrats want you to believe that they care about the middle class. Lie.

Numbers do not tell the whole story. I'm not going to bother checking the figures for that is but one part of the whole.
Simple questions will suffice:
Would you trade places with the mythical family in the example?
If not, why not?
Bogus question. The question should be:

Why would anyone starting out bother working hard to get to the $60K level when it's easier to earn $3.6K and let the government make up the difference?

Democracy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Definition of DEMOCRACY
1a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections
2: a political unit that has a democratic government
3capitalized : the principles and policies of the Democratic party in the United States <from emancipation Republicanism to New Deal Democracy &#8212; C. M. Roberts>
4: the common people especially when constituting the source of political authority
5: the absence of hereditary or arbitrary class distinctions or privileges

Last edited:
When you say, "government help" do you mean that the money comes from peoples private property being confiscated and redistributed at the whim of some thief in Washington?
Maybe the thread title should be: How to preserve private property—with government control of its use and disposal. I thought that has already been tried in history and was proven to be a failure. That would be very accurate!

You posted the stats, you tell me where that Medicaid money comes from or any of the other government funds. I'm not going to humor whatever tangent you want to off on about confiscating your property. I am simply trying to figure out how exactly your post shows the Dems not caring about the middle class. I think we've shown that it doesn't.
I'm sorry that you think that the middle class gets away without having their property redistributed. The middle class likes seeing so called poor people doing better than they are in a system that redistributes property their own property to others. Are you saying that some special class of people can lay claim to others property. How so.

I'm sorry that you like to put words in my mouth.

Would you trade positions with someone whos income is at or below the poverty level?

Why the fuck do you guys always try to change the definition of words for political reasons?

Its called democracy.

The country already decided to help our poorer citizens.

Its good for the poor and good for the rest of us too in that it keeps our people healthy and saves money in the long run.

You are just a knee jerk asshole who wants to find someone to blame because you hate your life adn all other people.

No, you are wrong again.
It's a Constitutional Republic.
You sure know a lot of nasty invectives.:clap2:

Dear asswink,

A constitutional republic is a Democracy.
I don't know what an "asswink" is, maybe you can explain.
As far as the rest, you are wrong. Very wrong.
"A republic, if you can keep it." I guess we lost it with you.

You posted the stats, you tell me where that Medicaid money comes from or any of the other government funds. I'm not going to humor whatever tangent you want to off on about confiscating your property. I am simply trying to figure out how exactly your post shows the Dems not caring about the middle class. I think we've shown that it doesn't.
I'm sorry that you think that the middle class gets away without having their property redistributed. The middle class likes seeing so called poor people doing better than they are in a system that redistributes property their own property to others. Are you saying that some special class of people can lay claim to others property. How so.

Would you trade positions with someone whos income is at or below the poverty level?

As a fairer question...

If you are unemployed but WEWRE middle class in 2009 and someone else is unemployed and lower calss 2009....would you trade LAST YEARS return with that person?

The answer is YES...anyone who WAS middle class and NOW uneployed that was earning middle class income LAST year is not getting treated NEARLY as well as someone who was poor last year.

You dont get to change the definition of words to suit your poltical beliefs.

use some imagination and a mirror to define asswink.

Democracy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Definition of DEMOCRACY
1a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections
2: a political unit that has a democratic government
3capitalized : the principles and policies of the Democratic party in the United States <from emancipation Republicanism to New Deal Democracy &#8212; C. M. Roberts>
4: the common people especially when constituting the source of political authority
5: the absence of hereditary or arbitrary class distinctions or privileges

No thank you.
Why would I help you build your straw-man, it's yours enjoy it..........

So that reconfirms that apparently republicans hate the poor. That's only 40+ million people that the right couldn't care less about. Glad we cleared that up.

damn you are as dumb as dirt

Ben Franklin quote:

I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.

Read it and weep.

A much, much wiser man than you and me says you're wrong, and that the entire dem party is wrong.

Am I? Or did I actually prove that the title of this thread is completely wrong and actually has nothing to do with Dems not caring about the middle class.

Yeah, thats what I thought.

Am I? Yes. Or did I actually prove that the title of this thread is completely wrong and actually has nothing to do with Dems not caring about the middle class. No.

Yeah, thats what I thought.[/No, no you didn't.

You asked;

Are you advocating that the middle class get similar assistance?
Or are you advocating that the poor should get no assistance at all?

And I answered, you countered with a lie, so I countered with more truth and backed it up with a quote from Ben Franklin.

Your inability to see that your over support for the poor is killing the middle class is the beam in your eye.

Poor adults need to take care of thier families just as much as anyone. But by using welfare as a weapon against them for so long many no longer believe they can do it themselves, and you think that they can't make it w/o government aide. As a poor working class man, your offensive.

To properly feed the future workers of America so they can be healthy and productiv e instead of sick and a further buerden is a no brainer, except of course for the people without brains.

Why the fuck do you guys always try to change the definition of words for political reasons?
“Democratic” in its original meaning [refers to] unlimited majority rule . . . a social system in which one’s work, one’s property, one’s mind, and one’s life are at the mercy of any gang that may muster the vote of a majority at any moment for any purpose.
Thanks for playing.

Democrats used to care for the middle class just like republicans used to care about the defecit and smaller government.
All that changed about 30 years ago.
Now both of them care most about mega corps.

To properly feed the future workers of America so they can be healthy and productiv e instead of sick and a further buerden is a no brainer, except of course for the people without brains.
Who will decide that?
Michelle just decided we are all too fat and must cut down. Sounds like you are going to take a cut in your Gov. cheese allotment. You'll be better off losing a few pounds anyway. I vote that you should starve, it is a Deomcracy. Right.

Making people comfortabel in poverty is the worst thing you can do for them.
But it's a hell of a way to keep them voting for you.

Better yet...it is a hell of a way to keep them fearing the voting for someone who will minimize entitlements.
Indeed.

Conservatives want to teach people to fish. Liberals want to give people a government fish everyday, and pretend there's no such thing as fishing poles.

damn you are as dumb as dirt

Ben Franklin quote:

I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.

Read it and weep.

A much, much wiser man than you and me says you're wrong, and that the entire dem party is wrong.

Am I? Or did I actually prove that the title of this thread is completely wrong and actually has nothing to do with Dems not caring about the middle class.

Yeah, thats what I thought.

Am I? Yes. Or did I actually prove that the title of this thread is completely wrong and actually has nothing to do with Dems not caring about the middle class. No.

Yeah, thats what I thought.[/No, no you didn't.

You asked;

Are you advocating that the middle class get similar assistance?
Or are you advocating that the poor should get no assistance at all?

And I answered, you countered with a lie, so I countered with more truth and backed it up with a quote from Ben Franklin.

Your inability to see that your over support for the poor is killing the middle class is the beam in your eye.

Poor adults need to take care of thier families just as much as anyone. But by using welfare as a weapon against them for so long many no longer believe they can do it themselves, and you think that they can't make it w/o government aide. As a poor working class man, your offensive.

Shit, you quoted Ben Franklin. My mistake. [/end topic]

Forum List

Back