Democrats want you to believe that they care about the middle class. Lie.

But it's a hell of a way to keep them voting for you.

Better yet...it is a hell of a way to keep them fearing the voting for someone who will minimize entitlements.
Indeed.

Conservatives want to teach people to fish. Liberals want to give people a government fish everyday, and pretend there's no such thing as fishing poles.

And you want to find a way to cling to your hate for half of the nation with idiot bullshit lies like you just typed.

But it's a hell of a way to keep them voting for you.

Better yet...it is a hell of a way to keep them fearing the voting for someone who will minimize entitlements.
Indeed.

Conservatives want to teach people to fish. Liberals want to give people a government fish everyday, and pretend there's no such thing as fishing poles.

Actually, it seems the democrats want to teach them to fish...but only those living miles from a body of water...and therefore they must also give them a fish a day as well.

Indeed.

And you want to find a way to cling to your hate for half of the nation with idiot bullshit lies like you just typed.

what makes what he said a lie?
What can you deny in that statement as it pertains to what you want to do for the poor?

To properly feed the future workers of America so they can be healthy and productiv e instead of sick and a further buerden is a no brainer, except of course for the people without brains.
Who will decide that?
Michelle just decided we are all too fat and must cut down. Sounds like you are going to take a cut in your Gov. cheese allotment. You'll be better off losing a few pounds anyway. I vote that you should starve, it is a Deomcracy. Right.

Good for you , you have accepted the cold hard fact that we are a democracy.

Now you are not the dictator, democracies dont have a dictator.

When you gather enough votes to change what the people already deemed good policy then you may try to change the policy.

Until then the people have spoken and if you dont like what the said then move.

And who gets $6,300 in food stamps?

Answers:

(2)They don't.

Wrong,
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
That's $525/mo which a family of 3 would easily get.
Easily get? Plug some basic figures like 14K annual income into the calculator and see if you get to $6300 per year.

As usual, you remain wrong.

As usual your post is incoherent. The figures on the link refer to households with incomes up to $16k a year.

Indeed.

What can you deny in that statement as it pertains to what you want to do for the poor?

I am a liberal and what he claimed I believe is not what I believe.

He doesnt get to deside what I believe huh?

Indeed.

Confiscating peoples property is removing their rights and that is hate.

Am I? Or did I actually prove that the title of this thread is completely wrong and actually has nothing to do with Dems not caring about the middle class.

Yeah, thats what I thought.

Am I? Yes. Or did I actually prove that the title of this thread is completely wrong and actually has nothing to do with Dems not caring about the middle class. No.

Yeah, thats what I thought.[/No, no you didn't.

You asked;

Are you advocating that the middle class get similar assistance?
Or are you advocating that the poor should get no assistance at all?

And I answered, you countered with a lie, so I countered with more truth and backed it up with a quote from Ben Franklin.

Your inability to see that your over support for the poor is killing the middle class is the beam in your eye.

Poor adults need to take care of thier families just as much as anyone. But by using welfare as a weapon against them for so long many no longer believe they can do it themselves, and you think that they can't make it w/o government aide. As a poor working class man, your offensive.

Shit, you quoted Ben Franklin. My mistake. [/end topic]

Does that mean I finally got through to one of them?!?!

Whew, I knew if I kept quoting wiser men than I it would get through to one of them.

I was worried that I would have to break out Confuzus and the whole teach a man to fish thing. Or that the "War on Poverty" has been going on since at least the 40's and there are still millions of poor.

Thanks RDD, I'm glad you are taking the time to rethink this.

(I can't help but be sarcastic, but that last line was sincere.)

So the sane people agree that the title of the post has no bearing in reality and is more flamebait bullshit? Awesome.

To properly feed the future workers of America so they can be healthy and productiv e instead of sick and a further buerden is a no brainer, except of course for the people without brains.
Who will decide that?
Michelle just decided we are all too fat and must cut down. Sounds like you are going to take a cut in your Gov. cheese allotment. You'll be better off losing a few pounds anyway. I vote that you should starve, it is a Deomcracy. Right.

When you gather enough votes to change what the people already deemed good policy then you may try to change the policy.

The people have spoken?
They have. Seems they are not happy with the democratic "rule"....
So I guess you are debating our side....didnt realize that.
Welcome!

Who will decide that?

Behold the "Progressive" mind in all it's glory.

So you DONT want to give the poor free fish everyday?
And yes, "fish" is a metaphore....
But you are NOT interested in feeding the poor?

Who will decide that?

Behold the "Progressive" mind in all it's glory.

Why do you hate the government our founders left us?

So the sane people agree that the title of the post has no bearing in reality and is more flamebait bullshit? Awesome.

I believe I helped re-title it.

It is not that the democrats hate the middle class.

Instead, they have opted to help the poor without concern of how it will have a negative affect on the middle class

Indeed.

What hate and lies are you talking about?

I think we have proved the title..:clap2:

Not even fucking close.

And what's amazing is...even if you HAD...you're just spewing partisan rhetoric...and not waking up to the fact that NEITHER party is better than the other and neither party is immune from idiocy and fucktardedness.

Posts like the original post are the opposite of true political discussion. Get your head out of your ass and stop trying to score political points. I realize that's all USMB really is...partisan fucker trying to flamebait other partisan fuckers...but you're failing at that miserably...so why not go cold turkey and actually have a logical, reasoned debate about issues - not blame.

Last edited:

So you DONT want to give the poor free fish everyday?
And yes, "fish" is a metaphore....
But you are NOT interested in feeding the poor?

I want to give proper nutrition to anyone who needs it.

I want the cost savings involved with having a society in which people are not suffering the lifetime ills of malnutrition.

You see its very simple you can be a decent society and help your bottom line with a policy that reinsures the workers of tomarrow can compete in a world market keeping this country on top.

Its a win win unless you are a brick brained con who just follows party line with their brain switched off.

Indeed.

Hate? No. I'm not an irrational, emotion-driven leftist.

Why don't you want people to be able to take care of themselves?

Indeed.

Actually, it seems the democrats want to teach them to fish...but only those living miles from a body of water...and therefore they must also give them a fish a day as well.

...or airfare to the lake. :cool:

Forum List

Back