Democrats want you to believe that they care about the middle class. Lie.

Regarldess of the title (would anyone really argue Dems care about hte middle class? Or anyone else for that matter?) the point is well made. People often gripe how "the poor" are getting the shaft. In fact the poor make out much better than middle class people.

I know it's the prevailing belief around USMB, but simply saying it doesn't make it so.

You're right. Saying so doesn't make it so. Facts and figures make it so. And the OP provided those. What's your rebuttal?

There are liars, damn liars and statistics.

Last edited:
Democrats want you to believe that they care about the middle class. Lie.

i have never, even once heard reid, obama or pelosi mention poor people.. has anyone ?

This is a right wing hack site.

Their "numbers" dont seem to emerge from anything but fantasy

(1) Why are Medicaid and CHIP included? (2) And who gets $6,300 in food stamps?

Answers:

(1) because without that lie, the whole thing falls apart. Hint: Medicaid doesn't add full value to disposable income.

(2)They don't.

Zero Hedge reported:
Tonight’s stunning financial piece de resistance comes from Wyatt Emerich of The Cleveland Current. In what is sure to inspire some serious ire among all those who once believed Ronald Reagan that it was the USSR that was the “Evil Empire”, Emmerich analyzes disposable income and economic benefits among several key income classes and comes to the stunning (and verifiable) conclusion that “a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year.” And that excludes benefits from Supplemental Security Income disability checks. America is now a country which punishes those middle-class people who not only try to work hard, but avoid scamming the system. Not surprisingly, it is not only the richest and most audacious thieves that prosper – it is also the penny scammers at the very bottom of the economic ladder that rip off the middle class each and every day, courtesy of the world’s most generous entitlement system. Perhaps if Reagan were alive today, he would wish to modify the object of his once legendary remark.
From Emmerich:
You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.
My chart tells the story.

This analysis is a bit of an apples to oranges one. The biggest benefit driver is Medicaid/Chip, yet the assumed value or cost of health care is not included in the (assumed) fulltime $60K per year job.

Think living on welfare is a hoot?

Try it.

Then why do people stay on it for generations?

There was talk about how now the 5th straight generation is going on welfare. That was in the 80's.

We are on the 6th or 7th now. If it was so horrible, why would people, not only not goet off of it, but teach thier kids how to stay on it?

There are 4,000,000 people on welfare.

Most of them are children.

Do grow up.

So let me get this right.
If you have a kid and are out of work, it becomes my responsibility to raise your kid, at the point of a gun. It seems to me that securing a bright and cheerful childhood for your kid by removing my rights is a bit harsh.
I really think that you cannot have any such thing as a guaranteed economic security and maintain a free system of government. How do you propose to take money/property from people when they don't have enough left for themselves. Oh wait, your going to decide that too, never-mind.

Zero Hedge reported:
Tonight’s stunning financial piece de resistance comes from Wyatt Emerich of The Cleveland Current. In what is sure to inspire some serious ire among all those who once believed Ronald Reagan that it was the USSR that was the “Evil Empire”, Emmerich analyzes disposable income and economic benefits among several key income classes and comes to the stunning (and verifiable) conclusion that “a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year.” And that excludes benefits from Supplemental Security Income disability checks. America is now a country which punishes those middle-class people who not only try to work hard, but avoid scamming the system. Not surprisingly, it is not only the richest and most audacious thieves that prosper – it is also the penny scammers at the very bottom of the economic ladder that rip off the middle class each and every day, courtesy of the world’s most generous entitlement system. Perhaps if Reagan were alive today, he would wish to modify the object of his once legendary remark.
From Emmerich:
You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.
My chart tells the story.

This analysis is a bit of an apples to oranges one. The biggest benefit driver is Medicaid/Chip, yet the assumed value or cost of health care is not included in the (assumed) fulltime $60K per year job.

I think that is a reference to premiums. Taxpayers cover the costs of medicaid and chip.

You're right. Saying so doesn't make it so. Facts and figures make it so. And the OP provided those. What's your rebuttal?

Then you shouldn't have any problem refuting the OP. Let's see you do it.

Numbers do not tell the whole story. I'm not going to bother checking the figures for that is but one part of the whole.
Simple questions will suffice:
Would you trade places with the mythical family in the example?
If not, why not?

Notwithstanding my response, Rabbi, you are a damn liar by omission and commission. It's about your (lack) of character and the fact - easily verified by your (too) many hate and fear posts.

Numbers do not tell the whole story. I'm not going to bother checking the figures for that is but one part of the whole.
If not, why not?

Notwithstanding my response, Rabbi, you are a damn liar by omission and commission. It's about your (lack) of character and the fact - easily verified by your (too) many hate and fear posts.

You claim the OP is wrong and when challenged to refute it you resort to ad hominem attacks on me. You are a pitiful worthless piece of shit. Just sayin'.

Think living on welfare is a hoot?

Try it.
The Dems have built a plantation in Detroit over the last 50 years and the good Dem voters in Detroit seem to like it. You can't argue with success.

If not, why not?

You claim the OP is wrong and when challenged to refute it you resort to ad hominem attacks on me. You are a pitiful worthless piece of shit. Just sayin'.

Worthless, hardly. Pointing out what you are is a public service. You are a damn liar. You are a callous conservative. Simple declarative sentences; personal attacks aside, they are accurate descriptions of your lack of character.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back