Democrats try to stack town hall, prevent dissenters from attending

Here, Xeno, from the Tampa Tribune.

Castor tried to speak for nearly 15 minutes but the crowd drowned her out, chanting, "You work for us,'' "Tyranny, tyranny,'' and "Read the bill." She ultimately left the meeting early, further angering some attendees.
Protests, passions roiling town hall meeting on health care

If dissenters were prevented from attending, how exactly was the above possible?
Could it be the thread title was tied only to the opening post?

Hmm?

I like you a lot ravi, but you are wasting your time trying to play a semantics game with me, read my comments on protesting to power.
None of your posts point to Dems trying to prevent people from attending these meetings. Not a single one.

I like you, too, Xeno, but I mistrust your motives.

I like you, too, Xeno, but I mistrust your motives.
My motives are to end the two party system that has crippled this country.

In fact, to end ALL political parties, politicains should stand on their own merits, not be part of some huge apparatus that cares only about re-electing itself.

If you distrust that, then you distrust the fundemental principles of what the United States was meant to be, a free nation of the people, by the people and for the people.

All over the United States protests have sprung up, and the more obama and company denouce them, the more their poll numbers drop.

This administration, Nancy Pelosi & the DNC have made a horrible mistake.

It would have been so----easy to get national air time to explain the two bills in question in absolute DETAIL. I don't care if took all day--they needed to do that--& they didn't. Obama just went out there--told us how bad it is--which is something everyone in this country has known about for years. Americans WANT details on these plans--lots & lots of DETAILS--& they're not getting that.

Their big mistake--They have decided to attack taxpaying Americans who are showing up at these town halls. And that won't sit well with any American regardless of political party affiliation.

Harry reid mocking protestors, claiming they are not 'real.'

Top Democrat denounces health care protests

Dems have fillibuster proof majory in the senate, and control of the house and executive, how can 'the GoP' be holding them up?

The Republican community organizers are rallying their troops to shut down town hall meetings by bullying the Representatives.

That's okay, cause that's their right.

It behooves the DEMS to do the same.

And if a few of these town hall meetings turn into a free-for-all with people pounding the every loving shit out of each other, I think that might be a good thing, too.

It's time people...time for people to decide once and for all what side they're on.

American is divided and this dividion needs to be recongnized for what it really is.

This ain't no party, this is no disco, this is on the street politics.

Editec, please explain to me how anyone has a "right" to shut down town hall meetings?

I disagree that the Dems should do the same thing.

I personally would like someone to give logical support or logical objections to this health care bill. I get nothing of the sort from either side. Politics by hysteria is what we are experiencing.

Soon town hall meetings will be a thing of the past and all town halls will be held on the internet. That is a shame, IMO.

Editec, please explain to me how anyone has a "right" to shut down town hall meetings?
The right?

The power is more accurate.

I disagree that the Dems should do the same thing.

the Dems need to rally their supporters if they want to end this...or escalate it.

And its about fucking time they do so, too.

If they cannot?

Then they do not have the support they claim to have.

I personally would like someone to give logical support or logical objections to this health care bill. I get nothing of the sort from either side. Politics by hysteria is what we are experiencing.

Agreed. I try to interject some reason to the debate here but mostly people prefer to hurl epithets at each other.

Soon town hall meetings will be a thing of the past and all town halls will be held on the internet. That is a shame, IMO.

Probably true.

This is one of the weaknesses of democracy in my opinion.

When people are satisfied with what the government is doing, they tend to NOT get involved with things.

But those who object strenuously DO get motivated to show up and protest.

Hence we often see that the MINORITY can sway things like town meetings and street protests.

The angst of those objecting to the HC issue is real even if they are in the minority.

But if the Dems want to respond to this (seemingly spontaneous, but we all know its orchestrated protest) then they need to respond in kind.

If they cannot rally a greater number of equal;ly motivated supporters then they LOSE the initiative because it APPEARS they do not have the majority.

AMERICAN Politics is THEATER, folks.

Any relationship it bears to reality is merely coincidental

by misrepresentation?
By highlighting those guilty of it, like Democrats in this case ans holding them up to scrutiny.
You can do that without making things up.
Which is why I never do so.

You seem determined to defend this thugish totalatarian behavior that democrats are now carrying out, why?

If I looked for it, would I find you defending say, the minute men when they were shouted down and mobbed, and did you denouce that it was organized by special interests?

You see Ravi, you are invested in us/them and its what is killing our country.

On some level you know mocking and demonizing protestors is wrong, yet you defend those who doing it, because you percieve them to be attacking your side.

You sacrifice ethics for party affiliations.

And that is what I fight, and hope to eliminate, so that no barrier exists between us because you are of a 'party.'

I recognize it may never happen or if it does not in my life time, but the goal is worthwhile and obtainable, and the inverse quite simply is disaster.

So if I have to take misguided attacks and be called a 'partisan' that is the price that is paid to maybe free one more person from the clutches of the party machine system the infects the USA.

Thanks, Editec, I understand your point now. I doubt that the Dems will do as you hope they will do, though. I have no doubt in my mind that the Republicans have already poisoned public opinion by yelling commie and claiming old people will be put down like dogs.

One thing the current Dems are never good at is crafting a message.

Xeno, I am still waiting for you to provide one shred of evidence that the Democrats are preventing people from attending these town hall meetings.

Thanks, Editec, I understand your point now. I doubt that the Dems will do as you hope they will do, though. I have no doubt in my mind that the Republicans have already poisoned public opinion by yelling commie and claiming old people will be put down like dogs.

One thing the current Dems are never good at is crafting a message.

Xeno, I am still waiting for you to provide one shred of evidence that the Democrats are preventing people from attending these town hall meetings.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBS6Pfb8iQQ&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Jamie Allman Presses Rep. Russ Carnahan[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ZJhR3T4aw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I'm shocked. Union members being kept from entering the backstage entrance. Not sure what you are trying to prove with either one of those video clips. Certainly not Xeno's assertion.

You're quickly becoming a partisan hack, Xeno...where is the evidence that Democrats stacked anything? The article makes it clear that too many people showed up to fit in the venue. And most of those people sounded like protestors.
You are making the same exact mistake Bones made.

If I'm 'partsian' what party am I representing?

Hmm?

You too both are invested in 'us/them' so you don't get the disconnect the both of you are having.
Your thread title is what makes you partisan.

Criticizing one or the other party doesn't make you partisan. What makes you partisan is an inability to be ojective, and to be willing to lie to promote your party.

Sounds like Ravi to me.

I'm shocked. Union members being kept from entering the backstage entrance. Not sure what you are trying to prove with either one of those video clips. Certainly not Xeno's assertion.
WOW, you are even more moronic that i previously thought

Forum List

Back