Democrats set to lose another Congressional seat (NY-9) to unknown Republican

I don't know enough about Turner to determine his ideology, but I do know that New York City has the second most expensive public school system per pupil in the country and yet it ranks one of the worst in quality of education in the country, so clearly all that money being spent there isn't doing a whole lot of good. May as well stop wasting it. That money isn't being spent for the benefit of the students; it's spent for the benefit of the bureaucrats and those employed by the inept school system.

I do not think that's correct.

that's absolutely INCORRECT. NYC has among the best school systems in the country.

in 2007, which i found just by a quick google, we were 16 out of 50.

That is simply not true, Jillian.

New York State designates 43 city schools as persistently failing - NYPOST.com

New York Was No. 1 in Per Pupil Spending Last Year - WNYC

New York State places dozens of NYC schools on replacement list | GothamSchools

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/09/nyregion/09greendot.html?_r=1

N.Y.C. Could Close Up to 47 Failing Schools - NYTimes.com

Students given diplomas at NYC schools, despite failing grades and poor attendance - NYPOST.com

I think you get the picture

1/3 of Queens in and Turner has a slight lead. Not really significant. Brooklyn still hasn't got very far in the counting and Turner is stomping.

IF this keeps up like this, it looks lie quite a humiliating loss for Weprin.

New York - County Vote Results
September 13, 2011 - 10:52PM ET (i) = incumbent = winner = runoff
U.S. House - District 9 - Special General
County Precincts David Weprin(Dem) Bob Turner(GOP) C. Hoeppner(SWP)

Total 149/512 9,138 48% 9,885 52% 58 0%
Brooklyn 14/170 376 25% 1,126 75% 4 0%
Queens 135/342 8,762 50% 8,759 50% 54 0%

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/...Y_US_House_0913.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=POLITICS

Last edited:
There is still the race in Nevada, but everyone is calling that one a forgone conclusion.

This could be as big a deal as the Scott Brown thing. You think there is a lessons learned thing here?

There is still the race in Nevada, but everyone is calling that one a forgone conclusion.

This could be as big a deal as the Scott Brown thing. You think there is a lessons learned thing here?

I think the democratic party at large is already showing signs of catching on. Hell some of them jumped ship in this election. Obama however, yea I dont see anything detering him from self destructing.

Forum List

Back