Democrats question whether Biden should agree to debate Trump

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I don't see how he can squirm out of a debate with Trump (assuming he's the GOP nominee) and still consider his candidacy legitimate. If anything, this will give the Republican Party and Trump ammunition to attribute this to Biden's age. If he's too old to debate; he's too old to serve another term as president and I think that's the message the voters will hear.

I don't see how he can squirm out of a debate with Trump (assuming he's the GOP nominee) and still consider his candidacy legitimate. If anything, this will give the Republican Party and Trump ammunition to attribute this to Biden's age. If he's too old to debate; he's too old to serve another term as president and I think that's the message the voters will hear.

I don't know that either candidate wants a debate, both for different reasons.

Right now, Trump is ahead in the polling so the best thing he can probably do is hide in his basement, the same way Biden ran when he won. Also, he could win the Presidency and never have to answer a question about all those court cases, etc.

As for Biden..........well..............we all know why he should not debate, not even debate himself in front of a mirror cuz he would lose.

:auiqs.jpg:

But really, we know what we are getting with both candidates, do we not?

So, what is there to debate?

Honestly, there is nothing really for the Left and Right to talk about anymore, enough has been said.

Last edited:
Two choices.

1. Potato will agree (that is to say that he will be told that he decided) to debate.

Or

2. Potato will be told that he has decided not to debate Trump.

Either way, Potato is doomed. If he debates, he will unquestionably self destruct. If he refuses to debate, it will be almost universally recognized as cowardice and an admission that he’s way too old and senile.

Like the first response said, Biden will not be the Democrat's candidate.

The last thing anyone needs to see is these barely coherent dementia patients trying to "debate".

If ...Briben is the candidate the Obama admin running the show will instruct him to refuse to debate an insurrectionist .

Well, the GOP said they won’t participate in the CPD debates. That will be the only ones that Biden would agree to do. They unwittingly have given him some cover in this arrangement.

Biden enjoyed debating the blob 4 years ago. I don’t think the DNC is squirming at all.

Oh God, Biden couldn't debate himself out of a paper bag

Trump threatened the peaceful transition of power, didnt show up for Biden's inauguration, and disputes the legitimacy of his win. Biden owes no debates to the wannabe usurper. I will be sorely disappointed if Biden bows to traditions given to better men than Trump.

Forum List

Back