Democrats encourage greed, envy, discontent, civil unrest, division through “income inequality”

Nah, I think your perception of how it all works is quite skewed.
I work with municipalities, planning / building and commerce departments every day. The application process for city/state subsidies isn’t all that simple....there’s lots of people involved in the cost/benefit/roi analysis. These departments don’t like to lose money as their activity is all within public domain and exposed.
The notion you describe makes for a good Rage Against The Machine song or Liberal media propaganda though.

Why do you apply tax breaks to some not all?

So big government can regulate what businesses get in? So you can keep the undesireables out?

Why not just let capitalism take its course?

Actually no, “big government” has little or nothing to do with city / local development.
Business models are all different...some businesses have a greater affect on local citizens, judgment calls have to be made at some point by council members whom are elected to work for the local citizens.

Now I'm not saying you aren't great at your job. I'm just saying all 50 Springfields are competing against eachother offering more and more welfare to the Amazons of the world. Then Amazon is going to snatch up the deal from the most desperate of them or the Springfield that screwed up the math and gave away the farm.

The Rams did this to St Louis.

Sounds like we both agree local taxes are too high. Are you saying you want them to be so mayors get to pick the "desirables"?

Sure, all taxes are too high....But the bulk of taxes are being paid by the wealthy so the tax money stays in an infinite loop cycle amongst the wealthy...So?
Again, you’re only acknowledging the investment side of the deal, for some reason you’re avoiding the ROi side of the equation. Just like Rage Against The Machine would do in their song.

The desired formula is quite simple and it can hardly be considered “welfare”.
City X invests $200 billion in company Y, the 20 year yield is estimated at $250 billion leaving a net ROi Of $50 billion for the city. Sometimes it works out as planned sometimes it doesn’t. That’s investing for you, you win some you lose some...Simple shit man.

Why are cities in the BUSINESS of investing and competing? That sounds like big government to me if anything does.

If the taxes are too high, lets lower them or offer the same rebate to everyone equally. My favor with the mayor, and yes, these are pet projects (one of the cities around here is reinvesting in a failed mall they paid to buoild twenty years ago, this time they're dumping millions into a youth sports complex with a fired baseball manager as its face). What makes me and my Amazon better than you and your Walmart?

Lowering taxes are much easier said than done. Here in CA, this year, we have Prop 6 which was intended to roll back some of our ridiculous gas taxes. It managed to get reworded by the AG to suggest reducing road repairs....which is kinda funny since they really don't do much road repair now. Then you add all the liberals that would claim lowering taxes would not be fair to those in poverty and the kids, can't forget the kids.

Nah, I think your perception of how it all works is quite skewed.
I work with municipalities, planning / building and commerce departments every day. The application process for city/state subsidies isn’t all that simple....there’s lots of people involved in the cost/benefit/roi analysis. These departments don’t like to lose money as their activity is all within public domain and exposed.
The notion you describe makes for a good Rage Against The Machine song or Liberal media propaganda though.

So big government can regulate what businesses get in? So you can keep the undesireables out?

Actually no, “big government” has little or nothing to do with city / local development.
Business models are all different...some businesses have a greater affect on local citizens, judgment calls have to be made at some point by council members whom are elected to work for the local citizens.

Now I'm not saying you aren't great at your job. I'm just saying all 50 Springfields are competing against eachother offering more and more welfare to the Amazons of the world. Then Amazon is going to snatch up the deal from the most desperate of them or the Springfield that screwed up the math and gave away the farm.

Sounds like we both agree local taxes are too high. Are you saying you want them to be so mayors get to pick the "desirables"?

Sure, all taxes are too high....But the bulk of taxes are being paid by the wealthy so the tax money stays in an infinite loop cycle amongst the wealthy...So?
Again, you’re only acknowledging the investment side of the deal, for some reason you’re avoiding the ROi side of the equation. Just like Rage Against The Machine would do in their song.

City X invests $200 billion in company Y, the 20 year yield is estimated at $250 billion leaving a net ROi Of $50 billion for the city. Sometimes it works out as planned sometimes it doesn’t. That’s investing for you, you win some you lose some...Simple shit man.

Why are cities in the BUSINESS of investing and competing? That sounds like big government to me if anything does.

If the taxes are too high, lets lower them or offer the same rebate to everyone equally. My favor with the mayor, and yes, these are pet projects (one of the cities around here is reinvesting in a failed mall they paid to buoild twenty years ago, this time they're dumping millions into a youth sports complex with a fired baseball manager as its face). What makes me and my Amazon better than you and your Walmart?
Why are cities in the BUSINESS of investing and competing?

if you don't know this answer, there is no reason for a discussion with you. OMG.

BTW, how many states are there? you remember?

Think about it...how often do you hear a Republican tell you how pissed off he/she is about the neighbor having more than they have?
Why are some folks so fascinated by the material and monetary possessions of others?
Aren’t Lefties always badmouthing Republicans for their “love of money” and don’t they always say “it’s always about money for Republicans”?.....Hmmm
Why would a political Party pit people against one another over money?
Is this how the DNC keeps it a Poor vs. Rich sort of thing?

The good old tactic of turning around your problems and making it look like the other side's doing it.
:lol:

Ain't that the truth!

Think about it...how often do you hear a Republican tell you how pissed off he/she is about the neighbor having more than they have?
Why are some folks so fascinated by the material and monetary possessions of others?
Aren’t Lefties always badmouthing Republicans for their “love of money” and don’t they always say “it’s always about money for Republicans”?.....Hmmm

The good old tactic of turning around your problems and making it look like the other side's doing it.

You make no sense to anyone sane...other LibTardians will eat that shit up though. Ain’t that right Care4all and Brain357

if you don't know this answer, there is no reason for a discussion with you. OMG.

Your love of Big Government is noted.

The effect is all the Springfields comepete wuth eachother for business X. 25 of the plans are pro America. 20 of them are break even deals, all a company could hope for, and maybe some secondary businesses will pop up and turn it into a decent deal for the cities.

The last 5 just suck for their Springfield and America but are great for Company X. These are made by the 10% worst of folks who got their positions on looks and nepotism, the cities have nothing reasonable to offer so they pray positive press will help, whatever.

Go Big Government!

Everytime Red states whine about Blue states.

Lowering taxes are much easier said than done. Here in CA, this year, we have Prop 6 which was intended to roll back some of our ridiculous gas taxes. It managed to get reworded by the AG to suggest reducing road repairs....which is kinda funny since they really don't do much road repair now. Then you add all the liberals that would claim lowering taxes would not be fair to those in poverty and the kids, can't forget the kids.

Well quit calling the liberals names and lets make this work.

Tell you what, throw "them" a bone by limiting big government created corporate bankruptcy exemptions and tie it to a tax deduction.

It would seem you have taken another page from Goebbels with your blame others for that which you are guilty of.

Turning it around?

That's the number one trait liberals have always envious of others

It would seem you have taken another page from Goebbels with your blame others for that which you are guilty of.

Give an example ..

Just read these threads, the left is always bitching about the rich.

There is no conservative I am envious of. As for money I gave away more than you will ever make.

The effect is all the Springfields comepete wuth eachother for business X. 25 of the plans are pro America. 20 of them are break even deals, all a company could hope for, and maybe some secondary businesses will pop up and turn it into a decent deal for the cities.

The last 5 just suck for their Springfield and America but are great for Company X. These are made by the 10% worst of folks who got their positions on looks and nepotism, the cities have nothing reasonable to offer so they pray positive press will help, whatever.

Go Big Government!

I think you’ve watched a few too many Michael Moore documentaries and listened to a few too many Rage Against The Machine songs. I’m thinking you’ve manifested an unfounded philosophy from within. It all sounds cool though.

There is no conservative I am envious of. As for money I gave away more than you will ever make.

Haha...RIGHT
All people with tons of money beg for other people’s money...right?
Makes sense in LibTardia for sure.
When have I begged for money?

Oh I’m sorry...I may have grouped you in with all your LefTard buddies on this site....you see, they ALL beg for a cut of others wealth.

Well quit calling the liberals names and lets make this work.

Tell you what, throw "them" a bone by limiting big government created corporate bankruptcy exemptions and tie it to a tax deduction.

Throw them a bone? Yeah, pretty sure their integrity is non-existent these days.

Go Big Government!
so you aren't for america? you're confused about the country. People vote for their local state government. so those who are Springfields are there based on the populace. And most like to work. And not public's work either. incentives are one way to get jobs for populace, are you against private jobs? cause see big government is all government jobs. so again, you're confused as to what constitutes big government. but I knew you were confused.

Yes it is. And they are not necessarily wrong. Money = Power in a capitalist society and you do have to "fight the power". All them songs played on the classic rock channels are not wrong.

Okay...I’m in, sounds cool, I like Rage Against The Machine.
So tell me, how does Jeff Bezo’s wealth and “power” affect me?

Jeff Bezo's wealth and power so greatly influence our elected officials they throw money at him in two ways. First, they have been SLOW to stop the welfare for the internet by not taxing all internet sales unfairly burdening brick and mortar businesses with a ~8% competitive disadvantage. Second, our local politicians have you and me pay taxes to subsidize his business by giving tax breaks to these local Amazon mega warehouses. The field is not even and the Trump's can tell you what's wrong with the tax system.
It's funny that you believe consumers want the government to tax internet sales. I've never met anyone that does.

As for tax breaks on those Amazon mega warehouses, you can blame corrupt politicians for that.

Forum List

Back