Discussion in 'Politics' started by RadiomanATL, Dec 19, 2009.
2010 Campaign Preview: Democrats To Say GOP Still Party Of Bush | TPMDC
2010 Republican Strategy
They're so disorganized now that I don't think they've formulated a coherent message yet.
Although "blame Pelosi" makes more sense than "blame Bush". At least they'd be blaming someone who is actually, ya know, helping to steer the nation rather than someone who would not have been in office for nearly 2 years come election time.
GOP strategy for 2010: Are you better off now than you were 2 years ago??
The Republicans are going to tap into the incredible anger this country has for Barak Insane Obama and the Dums who have ridden this country into a ditch. Capping the show will be the decision by a judge to release the Gitmo prisoners onto U.S. streets. The polls show Obama at the lowest point of any president at this juncture, followed by Congress. That translates into votes.
I predict bloodbath.
Odds are that'll be their 2012 strategy as well...
2010 and again in 2012 we should see the GOP hammer the dems on:
1. the price of gas
2. the price of electricity, with more to come if/when C+T hits
3. the UHC scam, after everyone gets to actually see the Bill
4. Medicare going bankrupt
5. Social Security going bankrupt
6. Unemployment over 10% (the US energy costs killing job creation)
7. Illegal immigration (if the dems try more amnesty)
8. The economy will tank when the Chinese stop lending to the US, and the dollar becomes worthless, meaning gas will be unaffordable
9. The trial for KSM in NYC will be a circus
10. Obama will bring more terrorists into the US
11. The Holder Justice Dept. will be criticized for prosecuting Navy Seals for hitting a terrorist
12. There are hundreds of other mistakes that Obama made, Ayers still hates the US, his czars that do nothing, his failure to regulate Wall Street and stop derivatives and other AIG type failures.
Its a matter of picking the most serious Obama screw-ups. Promising China $100b for global warming, if they lend it to us...How stupid is that?? The list is endless, the debates will be a mismatch.
I don't think it'll matter who they blame. When they pass the healthcare legislation this week, their political careers will be over.
This is on the money.
The GoP lost due to the anger thatw as brewing, and teh Dems are feeding that anger because they did the same thing the GoP did, they ignored what people wanted and pushed long wanted pet agendas like health care and climate change (2 things most people didn't give a fuck about).
Polls already show people feel better about Captain chimptastic now, so blaiming him a year from now is a dumb idea.
I believe this is the case as well. Never underestimate the ability of the Democrats to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Q: How many dems does it take to screw up a light bulb? (Notice I didn't say "screw IN")
A: As many as they can get to go along. They will keep trying to twist it the wrong way all the while trying to convince everyone that it WILL go in this way. Then, when that fails, they begin trying to push it in. Not twisting...just ramrod the hell out of it. Only now they are trying to convince each other that this HAS to work or they're gonna be in "BIG TROUBLE, MISTER!!!". Many from the other side will offer to help by giving advice, like, turning the bulb the correct way and taking your time so as to not break it...but that advice will fall on deaf ears. It's their way or NO WAY!!! Before you know it...the bulb is shattered and the socket is broken and we're all in the dark.
Separate names with a comma.