Democratic Leaders AFRAID to look at the FISA Memo! BWAHAHAHA

When every Republican Leader has read it and is demanding for it's release to the American public

I just heard that Republicans are calling for the release of that memo that Devin Nunes wrote. Republicans control every branch and department of government. Why are calling for it it? They control everything; all they have to do is release it. They don't have to call for a damn thing.
Don't worry asshole! The documents WILL be released to the public.
Then you'll claim somehow President Trump 'got to' the FBI who had attempted every trick in the book to prevent the REPs from seeing them.
Time to face the facts. The DEMs just lost any hope of taking back Congress. They just lost 25 Senate seats and President Trump just signed up for Netflix for another seven years at the White house.
The fucking corrupt Clinton stench landed on the top management at the FBI.

the Executive branch can declassify their copy of it, and nobody but Trump has final say in that regard.

Perhaps in a perfect world, and wouldn't the Democrats just love that! Trump goes against all of his advisors and just throws the thing out there raw, embarrassing the USA and many people revealing unnecessarily all kinds of sensitive information and makes yet more enemies in the intelligence agencies and elsewhere he already has enough trouble with and yet more fodder for the Press to rail about to be used against him! No, I think however they do it, Congress must do it and with due diligence towards releasing only those things necessary and nothing more. It will also be a matter of TIMING.

Congress can do whatever the hell it wants to do with classified content that is part of the Congressional record.

Republicans are not all of Congress and the democrats in the Senate are going to fight this. Democrats are not like the GOP in that they "eat their own" when someone goes astray, and the Democrats will fight this kicking and screaming all of the way because it basically implicates THEM.
Now who's intentionally blurring something? I assure you, not I

Sure. No. Not you.

Do you think I have some vested interest in whether the "Nunes Memo" be released? I an assure you I do not. I don't care whether it is or isn't. I care only to see the kvetching among Republicans about whether to release the thing be ceased, and the reason I care to see that I know given the rules under which the House of Representatives functions, House Republicans, having control of the House, have all the power and authority they need to release it.

The bigger question in my mind is whether whatever be released will be in fact authentically and entirely the memo Rep. Nunes penned. AFAIK, the only people who've seen the memo are Nunes, a few other GOP members of the House Intel. Cmte., Trump and their respective staffs. It's not clear to me whether the ranking Democrat on the Committee has seen it. It'd make sense that he has, but I don't know that he has. Moreover, Executive Branch personnel have their own copy of it and, insofar as Trump can unilaterally declassify it, there's really no reason, other than hype and posturing, why the memo hasn't been released if the GOP want it released.

And that is the point I have been making: if the GOP will that the memo released, there's nothing stopping them from releasing it. They have in both the House and the Executive Branch the authority to do everything that's needed to release it. The only reason they couldn't release is because they destroyed it.

the Executive branch can declassify their copy of it, and nobody but Trump has final say in that regard.

Perhaps in a perfect world, and wouldn't the Democrats just love that! Trump goes against all of his advisors and just throws the thing out there raw, embarrassing the USA and many people revealing unnecessarily all kinds of sensitive information and makes yet more enemies in the intelligence agencies and elsewhere he already has enough trouble with and yet more fodder for the Press to rail about to be used against him! No, I think however they do it, Congress must do it and with due diligence towards releasing only those things necessary and nothing more. It will also be a matter of TIMING.

Congress can do whatever the hell it wants to do with classified content that is part of the Congressional record.

Republicans are not all of Congress and the democrats in the Senate are going to fight this. Democrats are not like the GOP in that they "eat their own" when someone goes astray, and the Democrats will fight this kicking and screaming all of the way because it basically implicates THEM.
Now who's intentionally blurring something? I assure you, not I

Sure. No. Not you.
What part of the "source" document for the emboldened text in post 16 -- text to which you have not responded directly -- did you not read? It's a short document. Read it.
The United States Senate and the House of Representatives, as part of the Legislative branch of the U.S. government, are not subject to the provisions of Executive Order 12958, as amended, which governs the classification of national security information within the Executive branch." (Source)
Is there some part of the above quoted statement that you don't understand?

Republicans are not all of Congress and the democrats in the Senate are going to fight this.
Insofar as the memo was created by/is the property of a member of the House, all that's needed, at most, is for the appropriate Member in the House to instruct the House Sergeant at Arms (or maybe the Clerk of the House) to release it. "At most" because what we're talking about is a memo Devin Nunes wrote, and as such, may very well be not part of the official House's Congressional records, but rather considered part of the papers of the Congressman himself.
In contrast to the institutional records of the House and Senate and the records of their committees, the papers of an individual senator or congressman are considered the “private property of the individual member,” and are often donated to an archival repository in the politician’s home state upon retirement.
If that's the case, he, at his discretion can release the memo.

Republicans are not all of Congress and the democrats in the Senate are going to fight this.
Why do you keep mentioning the Senate when the document in question is part of the House's (or House member's) records? You acknowledged that Republicans control the House.
Repubs control the House,

The Ds have recreated the Roman Catiline Conspiracy right down to catastrophic failure due to their own unbounded incompetence.

Do you think I have some vested interest in whether the "Nunes Memo" be released?

Whoever said you did?

Insofar as the memo was created by/is the property of a member of the House, all that's needed, at most, is for the appropriate Member in the House to instruct the House Sergeant at Arms (or maybe the Clerk of the House) to release it.

Perhaps you've never seen this. This says it all best:

545 People vs. 320 Million

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.
Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?
Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?
You and I don’t propose a federal budget. The President does.
You and I don’t have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.
You and I don’t write the tax code, Congress does.
You and I don’t set fiscal policy, Congress does.
You and I don’t control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.
One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 320 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.
What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.
The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. The House of Representatives, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 320 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted — by present facts — of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can’t think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.
If the tax code is unfair, it’s because they want it unfair.
If the budget is in the red, it’s because they want it in the red.
If the Army and Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan, it’s because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan.
If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it’s because they want it that way.
There are no insoluble government problems.
Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like “the economy,” “inflation,” or “other politics” that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.
Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, have the power to do whatever it is they do or don't do.

I just heard that Republicans are calling for the release of that memo. Republicans control every branch and department of government. Why are calling for it it? They control everything; all they have to do is release it. They don't have to call for a damn thing.
It's classified. Only Hillary, Huma, and a few select dems can release classified info without consequence.
??? For all the blabbering about the Constitution USMB conservative members post, one of it's most basic tenets has apparently escaped at least one of you.

As I wrote earlier:
Republicans are calling for the release of that memo that Devin Nunes wrote. Republicans control every branch and department of government. Why are calling for it it? They control everything; all they have to do is release it. They don't have to call for a damn thing.

Congress is subject to its own orders and nobody else's. The Justices of the SCOTUS are subject only to their own rules. That's part of what's called "Separation of Powers." Accordingly, "The United States Senate and the House of Representatives, as part of the Legislative branch of the U.S. government, are not subject to the provisions of Executive Order 12958, as amended, which governs the classification of national security information within the Executive branch."

Classified congressional records become declassified in three ways.
  • First, Congress may initiate a special declassification program, such as the effort to release Vietnam-era records collected by the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs in the mid-1990s.
  • Second, researchers interested in using classified records that Congress has transferred to the physical custody of the Center for Legislative Archives may file a Mandatory Declassification Review request—in accordance with section 3.5 of Executive Order 12958, as amended—on a specific record they have identified.
  • Congressional records may be systematically reviewed for declassification in a manner similar to the procedure followed by Executive branch records.
(Source)

Congress can do whatever the hell it wants to do with classified documents that are part of Congressional records.
Calm yourself. The memo will be released.

Do you think I have some vested interest in whether the "Nunes Memo" be released?

Whoever said you did?

Insofar as the memo was created by/is the property of a member of the House, all that's needed, at most, is for the appropriate Member in the House to instruct the House Sergeant at Arms (or maybe the Clerk of the House) to release it.

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.
Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?
Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?
You and I don’t have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.
One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 320 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.
What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.
The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. The House of Representatives, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 320 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted — by present facts — of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can’t think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.
If the Army and Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan, it’s because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan.
If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it’s because they want it that way.
Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like “the economy,” “inflation,” or “other politics” that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.
Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, have the power to do whatever it is they do or don't do.

Are you presenting that editorial to assert that be inaccurate my statement that "insofar as the memo was created by/is the property of a member of the House, all that's needed, at most, is for the appropriate Member in the House to instruct the House Sergeant at Arms (or maybe the Clerk of the House) to release it?" I sure hope not, because anyone who reads the source document that gives rise to my assertion will see immediately that what you posted holds no water as an authoritative source for determining whether the "Nunes memo" can be released.

"The United States Senate and the House of Representatives, as part of the Legislative branch of the U.S. government, are not subject to the provisions of Executive Order 12958, as amended, which governs the classification of national security information within the Executive branch." (Source)

I just heard that Republicans are calling for the release of that memo. Republicans control every branch and department of government. Why are calling for it it? They control everything; all they have to do is release it. They don't have to call for a damn thing.
It's classified. Only Hillary, Huma, and a few select dems can release classified info without consequence.
??? For all the blabbering about the Constitution USMB conservative members post, one of it's most basic tenets has apparently escaped at least one of you.

As I wrote earlier:
Republicans are calling for the release of that memo that Devin Nunes wrote. Republicans control every branch and department of government. Why are calling for it it? They control everything; all they have to do is release it. They don't have to call for a damn thing.

Congress is subject to its own orders and nobody else's. The Justices of the SCOTUS are subject only to their own rules. That's part of what's called "Separation of Powers." Accordingly, "The United States Senate and the House of Representatives, as part of the Legislative branch of the U.S. government, are not subject to the provisions of Executive Order 12958, as amended, which governs the classification of national security information within the Executive branch."

• First, Congress may initiate a special declassification program, such as the effort to release Vietnam-era records collected by the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs in the mid-1990s.
  • Second, researchers interested in using classified records that Congress has transferred to the physical custody of the Center for Legislative Archives may file a Mandatory Declassification Review request—in accordance with section 3.5 of Executive Order 12958, as amended—on a specific record they have identified.
  • Congressional records may be systematically reviewed for declassification in a manner similar to the procedure followed by Executive branch records.
(Source)

Congress can do whatever the hell it wants to do with classified documents that are part of Congressional records.
Whether it be nor not isn't really what I posted to address, for I don't care if it be released or not. I've merely observed that for all their bellyaching about releasing the memo, Republicans have every iota of authority they need to release it; thus all they need to do is release the damn thing.

I was quite clear about what I had to say in my very first post, yet you responded to it by remarking on Huma and Hillary, as though they have something to do with what is squarely and solely withing the GOP's current authority and power to do. When Obama was in power, yes, Democrats had the authority to decide, at least in the Executive Branch, what would and would not be declassified/released. Republicans are now in power and the authority is theirs. So why the bellyaching? Release the damn memo, STFU, and move on, perhaps to something productive like producing a budget that can pass the House and Senate with a veto-proof majority.

Whoever said you did?

Are you presenting that editorial to assert that be inaccurate my statement that "insofar as the memo was created by/is the property of a member of the House, all that's needed, at most, is for the appropriate Member in the House to instruct the House Sergeant at Arms (or maybe the Clerk of the House) to release it?" I sure hope not, because anyone who reads the source document that gives rise to my assertion will see immediately that what you posted holds no water as an authoritative source for determining whether the "Nunes memo" can be released.

"The United States Senate and the House of Representatives, as part of the Legislative branch of the U.S. government, are not subject to the provisions of Executive Order 12958, as amended, which governs the classification of national security information within the Executive branch." (Source)

What you keep apparently deliberately blinding yourself to no matter how bluntly stated is that you keep quoting what is in the rule book. Well, according to the "rule book" (US CODE), Hillary's hapless mishandling of secret foreign intelligence violated (depending on the expert you listen to) from at least several up to possibly 15 federal statutes of which SHE was supposed to be the highest and final protector of (according to her, she barely understood them even if ignorance of the law is no defense), each of which constituted a serious felony of which any one of those normally commands at least a few years prison time in Leavenworth. And yet, THERE SHE IS, instead, a free woman, riding about the country doing talk shows, peddling her book of nonsense (and I assume making money doing so) all the while some Harvard professor stretches credulity claiming she still has a shot at the White House --- NOW.

BINGO! they classified it, they can declassify it....
C4A, it doesnt work that way.

The classifications are given based on a criteria of things like sources, methodology, data sensitivity, etc.

Now they do often over-classify things, but that usually seems to be the case when a doc can cause harm in combination with other docs.

But if you really want to know what is going on in DC visit Russia Times. :D

As I wrote earlier:

(Source)

Whether it be nor not isn't really what I posted to address, for I don't care if it be released or not. I've merely observed that for all their bellyaching about releasing the memo, Republicans have every iota of authority they need to release it; thus all they need to do is release the damn thing.

I was quite clear about what I had to say in my very first post, yet you responded to it by remarking on Huma and Hillary, as though they have something to do with what is squarely and solely withing the GOP's current authority and power to do. When Obama was in power, yes, Democrats had the authority to decide, at least in the Executive Branch, what would and would not be declassified/released. Republicans are now in power and the authority is theirs. So why the bellyaching? Release the damn memo, STFU, and move on, perhaps to something productive like producing a budget that can pass the House and Senate with a veto-proof majority.
They will release the memo. They're just building the hype. You need to learn how these things are done. You don't just issue a statement that every top dem and intelligence agency boss are all being rounded up as we speak. Oh, and btw, every belief democrats have ever held has been corrupted and corroded.

No. You release the idea first, so people can get used to it. You release the memo on a weekday and not on the weekend.

As I wrote earlier:

(Source)

They will release the memo. They're just building the hype. You need to learn how these things are done. You don't just issue a statement that every top dem and intelligence agency boss are all being rounded up as we speak. Oh, and btw, every belief democrats have ever held has been corrupted and corroded.

No. You release the idea first, so people can get used to it. You release the memo on a weekday and not on the weekend.
You release the memo on a weekday and not on the weekend.

How many weekends have passed since Devin Nunes composed that memo?

When every Republican Leader has read it and is demanding for it's release to the American public

I just heard that Republicans are calling for the release of that memo that Devin Nunes wrote. Republicans control every branch and department of government. Why are calling for it it? They control everything; all they have to do is release it. They don't have to call for a damn thing.
:lol:

BINGO! they classified it, they can declassify it....

it's all the same game only reverse of what they did with the Fusion GPS testimony.... they made up a bi fat lie about the dossier and Steele, and could only tell the lies if they kept the GPS testimony from us....

now they are telling another one of their lies and claiming dems don't want it released, then they claimed democrats haven't read it.... who knows what they will lie about next???

In any classified documents the House Intelligence Committee has to vote to release it to congress and the Dems voted against it.
Then they had a 2nd vote to release it to the public and the Dems voted against it.
It's pretty clear that the Dems did not want anyone to see it.
So something must be there.

Forum List

Back