democrat smear of interrogators coming out....here is what an actual interrogator says....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The democrats are going to try to smear the people who interrogated the mass murderers from 9/11 and the head choppers we captured on the battlefield....here is one interrogator who wants the truth to come out...

The Truth About Interrogation The Weekly Standard

Ask any SERE Level C graduate which method was more effective on him or her—their answer should tell you something about the effectiveness of enhanced techniques, whether you agree with them or not. In my case, I learned that enhanced techniques made me want to tell the truth to make it stop—not to compound my situation with more lies. The only thing that kept me from telling the truth was the knowledge that at some point it had to end—that there were more students to interrogate and only so many hours in a day. Absent that knowledge, I would have caved.

As a TDY [temporary duty] interrogator in the SERE course, I learned that the toughest, meanest, most professional special operations soldiers on earth had a breaking point. Every one of them. And of all the soldiers I interrogated, all of the “breaks” came during hard-sell interrogations—using as many enhanced techniques as necessary to convince the soldier that continuing to lie would result in immediate consequences. It worked—time and again, it worked.

The techniques were effective, Beale claims, not only with U.S. soldiers being prepared for what they might encounter if captured by an enemy, but also with senior al Qaeda prisoners. Defenders of EITs point to the extraction of important information on al Qaeda’s couriers to make their case. The information on one courier in particular—Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti—led to the location of Osama bin Laden’s safe house in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

In a heavily redacted section of his document, Beale writes that the EITs were essential to obtaining that information. Others have reported that two high-value detainees subject to enhanced interrogation—Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Faraj al-Libi—went to great lengths to conceal information about the courier. That they did so after providing a steady stream of accurate and valuable information suggested to interrogators and analysts that the information about al-Kuwaiti was important. Beale writes:

That high-level detainee would no more have voluntarily sat down across from a debriefer and provided his list of Al Qaeda couriers without having been conditioned to do so than he would have walked ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ and asked to speak to the CIA debriefer. It simply would not have happened without incentive, and his incentive was to not go back to enhanced techniques. Period. Love it or hate it, that’s the way it worked.

As to obama and his change of heart on these techniques when he became President...and had to use the intelligence gathered by these techniques....in order to kill bin laden....

Note the difference—it’s important. After being briefed by serious people using actual intelligence information gained from the EIT interrogation program, President Obama knew that he could not continue with the “it never works” campaign rhetoric as President—to do so would have been insulting and objectionable to the national security team who briefed him, and would be a lie. So .  .  . “we don’t know if we could have collected the same information using standard techniques” became the talking point for every administration official on the subject of EITs.

I know. I know that we couldn’t have collected the same information using standard techniques because I was an expert in using standard techniques—I used them thousands of times over two decades—and the notion that I could have convinced the detainees ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ to provide closely-held information (or any information at all) without the use of EITs is laughable. There is zero chance. Zero.

Last edited:
Torture is torture, and those who tortured should be held up to shame and the full extent of the law.

Waterboarding was endorsed by 3 Vietnam era American P.O.W.s who actually endured real torture at the hands of the communists. 2 of those P.O.W.s won the congressional medal of honor and they all said that though rough treatment, waterboarding is nowhere near actual torture....which they know first hand.

Any means of interrogation that leaves the person under going it healthy, unharmed and with no long term side effects and gets the toughest special forces soldiers to give up their information even during training, and also gets terrorists who have claimed they will die for their cause to give up their entire network is not something to throw away because some people want to feel superior to others....

Vets don't set the law.

Congress does with medical advice.

Anyone who believes that water boarding is not torture needs to be waterboarded on national TV then interviewed immediately after.

In fact, offer the interrogators a year in prison or 14 water boardings, they will cop to the year immediately,

I'll get water boarded....then...you could have several nails pulled out....and then we can compare notes on which is actually torture....we'll write down our feelings...although while I will be able to write...you will have a problem.....because water boarding is rough treatment...but it isn't torture....ask the three P.O.W.s who received both...

Yup, kingfocars, the support for justice is strong in me.

The torturers will go to trial eventually.

Forum List

Back