Democracy-

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Is simply mob rule. Period. The US is a constitutional republic. It was created to
The Constitution of the United States: A Transcription

Note: The following text is a transcription of the Constitution as it was inscribed by Jacob Shallus on parchment (the document on display in the Rotunda at the National Archives Museum.) The spelling and punctuation reflect the original.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I've read the constitution several times and I swear I can't find where POTUS or Party is proclaimed to be a god- or a SC Justice for that matter-

The Bill of Rights to help ensure that gov't was restrained to it's hope for (intended role)

Note: The following text is a transcription of the first ten amendments to the Constitution in their original form. These amendments were ratified December 15, 1791, and form what is known as the "Bill of Rights."

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Is simply mob rule. Period. The US is a constitutional republic. It was created to

Note: The following text is a transcription of the Constitution as it was inscribed by Jacob Shallus on parchment (the document on display in the Rotunda at the National Archives Museum.) The spelling and punctuation reflect the original.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I've read the constitution several times and I swear I can't find where POTUS or Party is proclaimed to be a god- or a SC Justice for that matter-

The Bill of Rights to help ensure that gov't was restrained to it's hope for (intended role)

Note: The following text is a transcription of the first ten amendments to the Constitution in their original form. These amendments were ratified December 15, 1791, and form what is known as the "Bill of Rights."

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
The founding fathers were members of the small, elite, upper class who didn't think much of the lower classes and were terrified their privileges might be infringed by majority rule. Their Republic was designed to maintain their power. Personally I don't think I want others to make my decisions for me.

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

I can't believe you did not warn Progressives before posting the Constitution.

You will make their eyes bleed.

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

The founding fathers were members of the small, elite, upper class who didn't think much of the lower classes and were terrified their privileges might be infringed by majority rule. Their Republic was designed to maintain their power. Personally I don't think I want others to make my decisions for me.
But isn’t that what you are doing when the state tells everyone they have to wear a mask, who can open up for business, who can and can’t assemble? Isn’t that what you are doing when you let the government decide what doctors you can see? How about when the government says that your money that you pay in taxes will fund a war?

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

But isn’t that what you are doing when the state tells everyone they have to wear a mask, who can open up for business, who can and can’t assemble? Isn’t that what you are doing when you let the government decide what doctors you can see? How about when the government says that your money that you pay in taxes will fund a war?
That's OK, assuming it is not Trump, of course.

So you don't recognize the Constitution?

Is this Kamala or Joe?

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

I'm not anti-gov't but like the majority of voters in this country I didn't vote for this President so this 'state' is run by a minority against the desires of most voters. Therefore, don't expect me to feel anything other than oppressed and angry.

I recognize it as an excellent achievement for its day. It was a great leap forward for freedom and equality but don't forget, this was a time of Kings and slaves. I like to think we've advanced our notion of egalitarianism.

I recognize it as an excellent achievement for its day. It was a great leap forward for freedom and equality but don't forget, this was a time of Kings and slaves. I like to think we've advanced our notion of egalitarianism.
So you have a hard time answering a question like Joe and Kamala.

Once again, should we get rid of the Constitution?

Yes or no?

Yes or no?
No need. It has already been updated 27 times, and the last one was almost 30 years ago. Maybe it is time for another one?

Our politicians have corrupted government just like politicians have for the past 5,000 years. There's $4 trillion a year up for grabs and they are all at the trough trying to slurp up their share while selling out the American people.

Yes or no?
No need. It has already been updated 27 times, and the last one was almost 30 years ago. Maybe it is time for another one?
Not updated, added to. There is a big difference.

So what needs to be deleted in your opinion?

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

I'm not anti-gov't but like the majority of voters in this country I didn't vote for this President so this 'state' is run by a minority against the desires of most voters. Therefore, don't expect me to feel anything other than oppressed and angry.
Hate to tell you this but there have been numerous times that the president was not chosen by the majority. But then again when people voted for the last fool because of skin color I felt that the country was in a tail spin of stupid.

Does the word democracy appear in the Constitution? Or the Declaration of Independence? I don't believe it does.

Yet the left has managed to turn the country into a democracy.

Yes or no?
Not updated, added to. There is a big difference.

So what needs to be deleted in your opinion?
I think the EC votes for each state should reflect their population and not be winner take all. There is no need to give every state an extra 2 votes. The Senate should adequately protect their rights.

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

Hate to tell you this but there have been numerous times that the president was not chosen by the majority. But then again when people voted for the last fool because of skin color I felt that the country was in a tail spin of stupid.
I believe Dubya was a minority president and he decided he had a mandate to invade Iraq.

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

I believe Dubya was a minority president and he decided he had a mandate to invade Iraq.
And your point is? If memory serves me didn’t 44 start his own little war without congressional approval? But he was elected by the majority Because of his skin color. I do believe that he bombed a Doctors Without Boarders hospital.
I know no one has missed it that we are in no new wars, even thoughwe had every idiot on the left proclaiming we would and even proclaiming we would be in a nuclear war.

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

And your point is? If memory serves me didn’t 44 start his own little war without congressional approval? But he was elected by the majority Because of his skin color. I do believe that he bombed a Doctors Without Boarders hospital.
I know no one has missed it that we are in no new wars, even thoughwe had every idiot on the left proclaiming we would and even proclaiming we would be in a nuclear war.
Off topic so no reply is needed. I'll only say:
  • Dubya lied to Congress and the country
  • You don't know if Obama was elected because of his skin color or in spite of it.
  • I'm guess that Obama was not flying that plane that bombed the hospital
  • We're still in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria. (My prediction is that Afghanistan will go the way of Vietnam is Trump is re-elected)
  • North Korea just showcased a missile capable of sending multiple nukes to the US.

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

Off topic so no reply is needed. I'll only say:
  • Dubya lied to Congress and the country
  • You don't know if Obama was elected because of his skin color or in spite of it.
  • I'm guess that Obama was not flying that plane that bombed the hospital
  • We're still in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria. (My prediction is that Afghanistan will go the way of Vietnam is Trump is re-elected)
  • North Korea just showcased a missile capable of sending multiple nukes to the US.
You attempted to claim that because Bush was elected not by the popular vote that he started a war and that showed that the popular vote was correct.
I showed that the popular vote is not always correct.

Your pretending that you have a crystal ball to predict the future is at best laughable. But we had fools making all sorts of claims about Trump and his actions. None of which came to pass.

That's exactly why it's important to maintain Constitutional limits on government power. The government shouldn't be allowed to make your decisions for you, period.

Forum List

Back