Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

So the Patriots are caught bending the rules yet again.
No surprise there,yet I highly doubt it would have changed the outcome of the game considering they were checking the balls in the second half...and we all saw what happened in the second half.

But the constant cheating by Bellecheat has to be addressed and it sure as hell makes you wonder what he's gotten away with in the past.
Unless the punishment for the offense really hurts, the Ps will keep on cheating. Don't you think if given the option that they would pay a few million and give up a draft pick to win the Super Bowl. Got to really make it hurt when a team knowing cheats. Void the win! kick them out of the Super Bowl.

No surprise there,yet I highly doubt it would have changed the outcome of the game considering they were checking the balls in the second half...and we all saw what happened in the second half.

But the constant cheating by Bellecheat has to be addressed and it sure as hell makes you wonder what he's gotten away with in the past.
Unless the punishment for the offense really hurts, the Ps will keep on cheating. Don't you think if given the option that they would pay a few million and give up a draft pick to win the Super Bowl. Got to really make it hurt when a team knowing cheats. Void the win! kick them out of the Super Bowl.

You obviously missed post #40.

I mean really, the score was 45-7. Lol. Of course, the Colts are embarrassed, so the Patriots must have cheated. :D

Except that the whole thing was begun in the first half of the game, not after it was over. There was even one point where an official removed a ball from play because he suspected it was not inflated sufficiently.

Hmm, I wonder if those deflated balls are the reason why the Colts couldn't score too? :lol: Sounds like a bunch of sore losers to me.

In a way yes. The rain on a properly inflated ball is much harder to catch than one that conforms to the receivers hands upon arrival.

You can scoff if that's how you deal with finding out a win may very well be tainted..and YES it is VERY feasible that a 6 TD advantage in those conditions could have occurred.

There is a REASON why the balls must be inflated to a certain pressure.

Last edited:

We know he was video taping other teams for seven years. And we know that as early as 2011 Tom Brady was favoring deflated footballs. So I'm guessing that this is not the first time they've done this.

Belichick should be suspended indefinitely. He's a known cheater who is not changing his ways. And considering the fact that Goodell already has one mark against him this season for under-addressing bad behavior in the league, I would think it would be an easy decision for him to do so.

If Seattle wins big against NE when both teams will be playing under the same conditions including the properties of the very focus of the game, The Football, there will be further talk and probably testing by the NFL to determine somehow what actual advantage the under inflated footballs gave the Patriots in their game with the Colts.

If it can be determined that the Pats had an unfair advantage then they should be punished. If the trail of the cheating lands on Belichick's desk then he should be suspended from the NFL just like Sean Payton was in New Orleans.

Hmm, I wonder if those deflated balls are the reason why the Colts couldn't score too? :lol: Sounds like a bunch of sore losers to me.

In a way yes. The rain on a properly inflated ball is much harder to catch than one that conforms to the receivers hands upon arrival.

You can scoff if that's how you deal with finding out a win may very well be tainted..and YES it is VERY feasible that a 6 TD advantage in those conditions could have occurred.

Did you watch the game? The Patriots played a MUCH better game, clearly. It had nothing to do with "deflated balls." Lol.

It's unlikely the deflated balls drastically changed the outcome of the game, but the fact that they cheated must be addressed. Also, how many close games have they had this season where they did the same thing, and didn't get caught? Patriots fans can scream "sore losers" all they want, but their team has a history of cheating, and something should be done about it.

I mean really, the score was 45-7. Lol. Of course, the Colts are embarrassed, so the Patriots must have cheated. :D

Except that the whole thing was begun in the first half of the game, not after it was over. There was even one point where an official removed a ball from play because he suspected it was not inflated sufficiently.

Please, I watched the game from beginning to end. The Pats played a better game and won.

It's unlikely the deflated balls drastically changed the outcome of the game, but the fact that they cheated must be addressed. Also, how many close games have they had this season where they did the same thing, and didn't get caught? Patriots fans can scream "sore losers" all they want, but their team has a history of cheating, and something should be done about it.

The Pats aren't the ONLY team to pull these little tricks, I'm sure. Lol.

Did you watch the game? The Patriots played a MUCH better game, clearly. It had nothing to do with "deflated balls." Lol.

They cheated. End of story. Whether or not they still would have won changes nothing.

That's even if any of this is true. Also, if officials got complaints during the FIRST half, or since the beginning of the game, then I am sure they were watching out for this afterwards. The whole thing is just stupid, IMO.

They cheated. End of story. Whether or not they still would have won changes nothing.

Do you have proof? I'll wait for your proof. :D

Also, the Patriots played a better game. End of story. Deflated footballs does not explain why the other team could not score against the Pats defense. Sorry.

Deflated balls are not tricks. they are cheats. What is this the NFL version of Halloween?

Pats cheat plain and simple.

Deflated balls are not tricks. they are cheats. What is this the NFL version of Halloween?

You should STFU unless you have some evidence, I think. :D Not to mention, you probably aren't even a football fan. You NEVER post in this forum. LOL.

It is not whether NE would have won, it is NE repeatedly breaks the rules that everyone has to follow. The intergrity of the game has been damaged once again by Beli-cheat & Company

Which I addressed.
I think the penalty should be harsh since this is his second infraction.
I wouldnt be opposed to a multi year ban for Bellacheat or maybe a loss of all draft picks for a season or two.

A concurrence is more than welcome in this thread. I wonder where all the people who crawled up my ass claiming I was a hater are now that it is proven the balls were deflated?

Please, I watched the game from beginning to end. The Pats played a better game and won.

Cheating is cheating. There's no excuse for it. I know we live in a liberalized instant-gratification world where gimme-gimmie-gimmie is said to be the justification of everything, so you probably can't get that through your head.

You should STFU unless you have some evidence, I think. :D Not to mention, you probably aren't even a football fan. You NEVER post in this forum. LOL.

Evidence is amply provided by the NFL.

Forum List

Back