Defiant Wilson raises more than $200,000 after outburst

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

From CNN's Peter Hamby and Alexander Mooney

Wilson directly asked in a Web video for campaign cash to fend off attacks from political opponents and said he's standing by his opposition to Democratic efforts at health care reform.
(CNN) — Less than a day after Rep. Joe Wilson formally apologized to President Obama over his "you lie" outburst, a campaign aide confirms to CNN the South Carolina Republican has raised "more than $200,000″ in the wake of the now-infamous moment.

News of that cash haul comes after Wilson directly asked in a Web video for campaign cash to fend off attacks from political opponents and said he's standing by his opposition to Democratic efforts at health care reform.

"On these issues, I will not be muzzled, I will speak up and speak loudly against this risky plan," Wilson said in a YouTube video released Thursday evening. "The supporters of the government takeover of health care and the liberals who want to give health care to illegals are using my opposition as an excuse to distract from the critical questions being raised about this poorly conceived plan."

The congressman disbursed the video via Twitter and asked his followers to "please watch and pass on."

"[Democrats] want to silence anyone who speaks out against it," Wilson also says in the video. "They made it clear they want to defeat me and pass the plan. I need your help now… contribute to my effort to defeat the proponents of government-run health care."

You know if this idiot would simply read HR3200 he would know it spells out NO COVERAGE FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS. Can he not read? Or is he simply too lazy?

I figured his apology was bullshit.

I bet he made money when he told Strom Thurmond's love child that she should have kept her mouth shut and quit besmirching her father for knocking up her fifteen year old mother.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wilson directly asked in a Web video for campaign cash to fend off attacks from political opponents and said he's standing by his opposition to Democratic efforts at health care reform.
(CNN) — Less than a day after Rep. Joe Wilson formally apologized to President Obama over his "you lie" outburst, a campaign aide confirms to CNN the South Carolina Republican has raised "more than $200,000″ in the wake of the now-infamous moment.

News of that cash haul comes after Wilson directly asked in a Web video for campaign cash to fend off attacks from political opponents and said he's standing by his opposition to Democratic efforts at health care reform.

"On these issues, I will not be muzzled, I will speak up and speak loudly against this risky plan," Wilson said in a YouTube video released Thursday evening. "The supporters of the government takeover of health care and the liberals who want to give health care to illegals are using my opposition as an excuse to distract from the critical questions being raised about this poorly conceived plan."

The congressman disbursed the video via Twitter and asked his followers to "please watch and pass on."

"[Democrats] want to silence anyone who speaks out against it," Wilson also says in the video. "They made it clear they want to defeat me and pass the plan. I need your help now… contribute to my effort to defeat the proponents of government-run health care."

You know if this idiot would simply read HR3200 he would know it spells out NO COVERAGE FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS. Can he not read? Or is he simply too lazy?

Show me where in HR3200 that spells out " NO COVERAGE FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS".

I love it. The plan says no money to illegal immagrants, but does nothing to stop them from going to the emergency room with an injured child. Defiant Wilson doesn't like that.

Can Republicans tell an a parent, "Sorry, the kid will just have to die."

Guess so.

he has read it DUmbass and he knows as well as the rest of us that the demoncwats voted DOWN all measures that would keep illegals from receiving the "public option" that's why he called obamalama a liar. Writing a thing and enforcing it are entirely two different things.. but then that's why you are DUmmies!

That's not much. I could spend that in the blink of an eye and I am not even running for anything. When is his term up.

Hey! I gotta solution Tex! You go stand outside your local hospital and demand proof of ins and citizenship. If they ain't got it SHOOT EM! Yo GO cowgirl!

I love it. The plan says no money to illegal immagrants, but does nothing to stop them from going to the emergency room with an injured child. Defiant Wilson doesn't like that.

Can Republicans tell an a parent, "Sorry, the kid will just have to die."

Guess so.

you are a dishonest fuck. and a liar to boot. we already provide emergency treatment and do not let the "die" what we are talking about is a lifelong entitlement to full coverage medical care on the backs of the American Taxpayer.

Two of the bills would not exempt illegals from getting coverage.

Among three House committees to pass bills for health reform, only one expressly bans federal funding for proving health coverage to illegal immigrants.

"The Congressional Research Service has indicated that indeed the bills that are before Congress would include illegal aliens," Wilson said. "And I think this is wrong."

Indeed, the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service study found that the House health care bill does not restrict illegal immigrants from receiving health care coverage.

House Republican Minority Leader John Boehner amplified the complaint that without proof of citizenship, illegal immigrants could be insured.

"There were two opportunities for House Democrats to make clear that illegal immigrants wouldn't be covered by putting in requirements to show citizenships," he said. "Both of those amendments were, in fact, rejected."

In the Senate, Democrats in the so called "Gang of Six," a group of bipartisan senators on the Senate Finance Committee which is the last panel yet to release its bill, began moving quickly to close the loophole that Wilson helped bring greater attention to.

Rep. Wilson Outburst Leads Senate Dems to Close Loophole in Health Reform Bill - Political News - FOXNews.com

Here's the Heller amendment the Dems shot down.

http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/heller-6.pdf

Good for Joe for yelling out. I don't give shit if he went 'against the rules' or not. Obama and the Dems lied and Wilson called him on.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Wilson is quickly becoming a hero to a growing number of Americans - Conservatives and Independents.

The true backlash in the Wilson incident will be against those attempting to make it a larger issue than it is - support will form behind him and others will show more courage in openly disputing this Obama's teleprompted version of truth...

Section 246. Read it.

I read it and it's very ambiguous. It doesn't say that illegal aliens will not be covered it simply states:

SEC. 246. NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS.

Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.

Good.

Now that the RNC has pooled their entire stockpile of gonads into one place, so they could finally end up with a pair of them, I wonder if Wilson can work on having them cloned so all the republicans can know what it's like to have some balls.

That is the sentiment that is working its way through much of the electorate - a feeling of "finally somebody is willing to call Obama on his BS"

Wilson's outburst is going to help him big time - unless the media finds him either with a dead girl or a live boy....

But for now - he is becoming a current hero for conservatives...

False: Illegal Immigrants Will Be Covered

One Republican congressman issued a press release claiming that "5,600,000 Illegal Aliens May Be Covered Under Obamacare," and we’ve been peppered with queries about similar claims. They’re not true. In fact, the House bill (the only bill to be formally introduced in its entirety) specifically says that no federal money would be spent on giving illegal immigrants health coverage:

H.R. 3200: Sec 246 — NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS

Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.

Also, under current law, those in the country illegally don’t qualify for federal health programs. Of interest: About half of illegal immigrants have health insurance now, according to the nonpartisan Pew Hispanic Center, which says those who lack insurance do so principally because their employers don’t offer it.

"Misleading GOP Health Care Claims" July 23
Seven Falsehoods About Health Care | FactCheck.org

Two of the bills would not exempt illegals from getting coverage.

Among three House committees to pass bills for health reform, only one expressly bans federal funding for proving health coverage to illegal immigrants.

"The Congressional Research Service has indicated that indeed the bills that are before Congress would include illegal aliens," Wilson said. "And I think this is wrong."

Indeed, the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service study found that the House health care bill does not restrict illegal immigrants from receiving health care coverage.

House Republican Minority Leader John Boehner amplified the complaint that without proof of citizenship, illegal immigrants could be insured.

"There were two opportunities for House Democrats to make clear that illegal immigrants wouldn't be covered by putting in requirements to show citizenships," he said. "Both of those amendments were, in fact, rejected."

In the Senate, Democrats in the so called "Gang of Six," a group of bipartisan senators on the Senate Finance Committee which is the last panel yet to release its bill, began moving quickly to close the loophole that Wilson helped bring greater attention to.

Rep. Wilson Outburst Leads Senate Dems to Close Loophole in Health Reform Bill - Political News - FOXNews.com

Here's the Heller amendment the Dems shot down.

http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/heller-6.pdf

Good for Joe for yelling out. I don't give shit if he went 'against the rules' or not. Obama and the Dems lied and Wilson called him on.

Hey! I gotta solution Tex! You go stand outside your local hospital and demand proof of ins and citizenship. If they ain't got it SHOOT EM! Yo GO cowgirl!

Better yet, if they cannot prove citizenship then they do not get any services rendered, with the exception of life or death cases, in those cases, the individuals should be treated until a time they can be sent back to wherever the fuck they came from. Oh and calling me a cowgirl isn't an insult, I happen to know many cowgirls that have more integrity and intelligence than you could ever have.

On a side note, does anyone else find it morbid that Republicans are willing to throw $200,000.00 at this asshat who showed a complete lack of respect for the POTUS by calling him a liar, yet refuse any and all options that MIGHT require them to pay a little more to provde health insurance for those less fortunate than themselves??

On a side note, does anyone else find it morbid that Republicans are willing to throw $200,000.00 at this asshat who showed a complete lack of respect for the POTUS by calling him a liar, yet refuse any and all options that MIGHT require them to pay a little more to provde health insurance for those less fortunate than themselves??

You do realize that conservative are far more charitable than liberals. I myself have contributed over 40 grand last year to various charities, not to mention hundreds of hours of my time volunteering.

Forum List

Back