HAHAHA!!! So NOW Bin Laden is a Failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

concept

Evil Mongering
Jun 19, 2009
West Mi
You have to love the msm.

Eight Years After 9/11: Why Osama bin Laden is a Failure - Yahoo! News
Eight Years After 9/11: Why Osama bin Laden is a Failure

He may have eluded justice and the long reach of the world's most powerful military force; his followers may (and probably will) strike again at some point in the future, near or distant; but history's verdict on Osama bin Laden has been in for some time, now: Al-Qaeda failed.

The 9/11 attacks on New York and Washington - like those that preceded it in East Africa in 1998 and those that followed in London, Madrid, Bali and other places - were tactical successes, in that they managed to kill hundreds of innocents, grab the world's headlines and briefly dominate the nightmares of Western policy makers. But the strategy of which those attacks formed part has proven to be fundamentally flawed. Terrorism departs from the rules of war by deliberately targeting the innocent, but it shares the basic motive force of conventional warfare - "the pursuit of politics by other means, " as Clausewitz wrote. (See pictures of the challenge of memorializing 9/11.)

The purpose of the 9/11 attacks was not simply to kill Americans; they formed part of Bin Laden's strategy to launch a global Islamist revolution aimed at ending U.S. influence in Muslim countries, overthrowing regimes there allied with Washington, and putting al-Qaeda at the head of a global Islamist insurgency whose objective was to restore the rule of the Islamic Caliphate that had once ruled territory stretching from Moorish Spain through much of Asia.

Right. So it would seem to me that the msm is already laying the groundwork to bail out Obama when he inevitably has to tell us that Osama is really not relevant any more. I wonder how that will play out?

:lol:

I'd like nothing better than to capture and/or kill Bin Hiden but IMO he is dead and buried under tons of rock and has been that way for years.

Oh and libs, you can thank "W" for relegating Bin Laden to the dead and irrelevant pile. It was Bush, dislike him or hate him, that made the hard decision to go after terrorism around the world. And he remained steadfast in the face of some of most vile and hateful rhetoric from you "enlightened" and "nuanced" jerk-offs, that I have ever seen.

:clap2:

No, bin laden is your hero and role model and has succeeded beyond your wildest expectations.

And you would be wrong. Again.

I haven't been here long but I've already picked up on that pattern. :lol:

Sooooo.....

AFP: Obama pledges to succeed where Bush failed on bin Laden
Bin Laden is like the great white whale of American counter-terrorism, like Moby Dick," said James Lewis, a counter-terrorism expert at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Obama said Wednesday that Al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden remain the "number one threat" to US security. He spoke after a new voice recording emerged from the terror group's leader in which bin Laden called for a holy war to restore "Jerusalem and Palestine."

Said Obama: "We're going to do everything in our power to make sure that they cannot create safe havens that can attack Americans. That's the bottom line."

In an October 7 debate during the presidential campaign Obama said that if elected, his administration "will kill bin Laden. We will crush Al-Qaeda." Bin Laden is widely believed to be hiding in the mountainous border region between Pakistan and Afghanistan

More rhetoric from the snakeoil salesman.

How is that tingle, libs? Getting to be more like an irritating itch now isn't it? :lol:

No, bin laden is your hero and role model and has succeeded beyond your wildest expectations.

And you would be wrong. Again.

I haven't been here long but I've already picked up on that pattern. :lol:

I can't believe it!!! Ravi is wrong....AGAIN????

I think you hit the nail on the head. Obama has to have someone else to declare al-Queda is dried up and washed out. Not so sure that Bin Laden is dead, but he's definitely been ineffective.

You have to love the msm.

Eight Years After 9/11: Why Osama bin Laden is a Failure - Yahoo! News
Eight Years After 9/11: Why Osama bin Laden is a Failure

He may have eluded justice and the long reach of the world's most powerful military force; his followers may (and probably will) strike again at some point in the future, near or distant; but history's verdict on Osama bin Laden has been in for some time, now: Al-Qaeda failed.

The 9/11 attacks on New York and Washington - like those that preceded it in East Africa in 1998 and those that followed in London, Madrid, Bali and other places - were tactical successes, in that they managed to kill hundreds of innocents, grab the world's headlines and briefly dominate the nightmares of Western policy makers. But the strategy of which those attacks formed part has proven to be fundamentally flawed. Terrorism departs from the rules of war by deliberately targeting the innocent, but it shares the basic motive force of conventional warfare - "the pursuit of politics by other means, " as Clausewitz wrote. (See pictures of the challenge of memorializing 9/11.)

The purpose of the 9/11 attacks was not simply to kill Americans; they formed part of Bin Laden's strategy to launch a global Islamist revolution aimed at ending U.S. influence in Muslim countries, overthrowing regimes there allied with Washington, and putting al-Qaeda at the head of a global Islamist insurgency whose objective was to restore the rule of the Islamic Caliphate that had once ruled territory stretching from Moorish Spain through much of Asia.

Right. So it would seem to me that the msm is already laying the groundwork to bail out Obama when he inevitably has to tell us that Osama is really not relevant any more. I wonder how that will play out?

:lol:

I'd like nothing better than to capture and/or kill Bin Hiden but IMO he is dead and buried under tons of rock and has been that way for years.

Oh and libs, you can thank "W" for relegating Bin Laden to the dead and irrelevant pile. It was Bush, dislike him or hate him, that made the hard decision to go after terrorism around the world. And he remained steadfast in the face of some of most vile and hateful rhetoric from you "enlightened" and "nuanced" jerk-offs, that I have ever seen.

:clap2:

I agree with most of that.
However, I also hold Bush and Cheney accountable for not getting OBL when they had the chance, only months after 911. They should have killed or captured him then and dealt with the people they pissed off afterward.

So, when is Barry going to catch OBL?

Chimp sort of tried for years, by attacking in places he wasn't.

What is Barry's game plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back