Defiant Wilson raises more than $200,000 after outburst

I'd argue Palin is getting more accomplished than Obama is. She brings up life counseling aka "death panels" and it's immediately removed from the proposal.

How can you remove something that didn't exist?

Exactly. The Dems claim that death panels is not what was in there. So why'd they remove it? If all that provision did was to ensure that doctors get paid for 'end-of-life counseling' why didn't they just reword it and leave it in?

Too funny - it's like Republicans are trying to take credit for eliminating all the snow that has accumulated on the streets of Miami Beach.

SEE, no snow - we're POWERFUL .........

Section 246. Read it.

Reading is too much like work. ;)

Among three House committees to pass bills for health reform, only one expressly bans federal funding for proving health coverage to illegal immigrants.

"The Congressional Research Service has indicated that indeed the bills that are before Congress would include illegal aliens," Wilson said. "And I think this is wrong."

Indeed, the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service study found that the House health care bill does not restrict illegal immigrants from receiving health care coverage.

House Republican Minority Leader John Boehner amplified the complaint that without proof of citizenship, illegal immigrants could be insured.

"There were two opportunities for House Democrats to make clear that illegal immigrants wouldn't be covered by putting in requirements to show citizenships," he said. "Both of those amendments were, in fact, rejected."

In the Senate, Democrats in the so called "Gang of Six," a group of bipartisan senators on the Senate Finance Committee which is the last panel yet to release its bill, began moving quickly to close the loophole that Wilson helped bring greater attention to.

Rep. Wilson Outburst Leads Senate Dems to Close Loophole in Health Reform Bill - Political News - FOXNews.com

To repeat what I said in an earlier thread...

The entire point of "illegal aliens would benefit" arguments is that they'd be receiving taxpayer dollars. If they're buying insurance with their own money, what's the issue here? To call the ability to buy insurance as "insuring illegal immigrants" is the same as saying the plan buys aspirin for illegal immigrants, since it doesn't ban them from buying it.

If all that provision did was to ensure that doctors get paid for 'end-of-life counseling' why didn't they just reword it and leave it in?

It's called "compromise" and an attempt at bipartisanship. Republicans should try it sometime.

Bullshit.

If all that provision did was to ensure that doctors get paid for end of life counseling, they could have easily reworded the (6?) pages of text into simpler, clearer, more concise language. Instead, they pulled it. That you don't bother wondering the why of it speaks volumes.

Yeah, the same people who worship Palin and Bachmann.

I'd argue Palin is getting more accomplished than Obama is. She brings up life counseling aka "death panels" and it's immediately removed from the proposal.

End of life counseling did exist, and was part of the proposal until Palin brought it to the forefront and now that part has been removed. You know, I'm beginning to think all you liberals are fucking stupid.

A plan to provide hospice counseling and other end-of-life advice to patients and their families is being dropped by US Senate health care negotiators after critics charged that it would lead to the formation of federal “death panels,’’ a key GOP senator said yesterday.

Among the leading proponents of the “death panels’’ criticism was former Alaska governor Sarah Palin.

Senators eliminate end-of-life provision - The Boston Globe

Exactly. The Dems claim that 'death panels' are not what was in there. So why'd they remove it? If all that provision did was to ensure that doctors get paid for 'end-of-life counseling' why didn't they just reword it and leave it in?

Why would rewording it to say the same thing it already said cause the crazies to stop making outrageous claims?

Good.

Now that the RNC has pooled their entire stockpile of gonads into one place, so they could finally end up with a pair of them, I wonder if Wilson can work on having them cloned so all the republicans can know what it's like to have some balls.
Bingo

End of life counseling did exist, and was part of the proposal until Palin brought it to the forefront and now that part has been removed. You know, I'm beginning to think all you liberals are fucking stupid.

End of life counseling does not equal a panel decided to pull the plug on the ventilator, which is what Palin was claiming.

End of life counseling does not equal a panel decided to pull the plug on the ventilator, which is what Palin was claiming.

Did you even bother reading the link I provided? And didn't you just say no such thing even existed?

Did you even bother reading the link I provided? And didn't you just say no such thing even existed?

You're attempting to twist my words. I said death panels didn't exist and they didn't. It was something Palin pulled from the depths of her diseased mind. Wait, correction, something she copied off the notes of Betsy McCaughey's diseased mind.

Exactly. The Dems claim that 'death panels' are not what was in there. So why'd they remove it? If all that provision did was to ensure that doctors get paid for 'end-of-life counseling' why didn't they just reword it and leave it in?

Why would rewording it to say the same thing it already said cause the crazies to stop making outrageous claims?

omg -- it was intentionally ambiguously worded. They were hoping no one would read it and understand it and it would go through and low and behold, Ezekiel Emanuel would get to implement his rationing shit.

Had they simplified it to merely reimburse the docs, thus removing the 'death panel' bits, it wouldn't have yielded the results they wanted so they pulled it as a <cough, cough> "gesture of compromise". They got caught trying to pull a fast one. :rolleyes:

I love it. The plan says no money to illegal immagrants, but does nothing to stop them from going to the emergency room with an injured child. Defiant Wilson doesn't like that.

Can Republicans tell an a parent, "Sorry, the kid will just have to die."

Guess so.

you are a dishonest fuck. and a liar to boot. we already provide emergency treatment and do not let the "die" what we are talking about is a lifelong entitlement to full coverage medical care on the backs of the American Taxpayer.

Wow, someones a "potty mouth". Do you eat with mouth? I don't need to put a link to: "H.R. 3200: Sec 246 — NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS", because so many others have.

When Republicans say "No health care for illegal aliens", what to you think they are talking about "Bright One"? It's NOT in the health plan. It has to be somewhere.

So hard to believe that Republicans would tell a parent, "Sorry, little Pablo will just have to die". But, really, isn't that what they are fighting for? To be able to say that?

Wow, someones a "potty mouth". Do you eat with mouth? I don't need to put a link to: "H.R. 3200: Sec 246 — NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS", because so many others have.

When Republicans say "No health care for illegal aliens", what to you think they are talking about "Bright One"? It's NOT in the health plan. It has to be somewhere.

So hard to believe that Republicans would tell a parent, "Sorry, little Pablo will just have to die". But, really, isn't that what they are fighting for? To be able to say that?

Among three House committees to pass bills for health reform, only one expressly bans federal funding for proving health coverage to illegal immigrants.

"The Congressional Research Service has indicated that indeed the bills that are before Congress would include illegal aliens," Wilson said. "And I think this is wrong."

Indeed, the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service study found that the House health care bill does not restrict illegal immigrants from receiving health care coverage.

House Republican Minority Leader John Boehner amplified the complaint that without proof of citizenship, illegal immigrants could be insured.

"There were two opportunities for House Democrats to make clear that illegal immigrants wouldn't be covered by putting in requirements to show citizenships," he said. "Both of those amendments were, in fact, rejected."

In the Senate, Democrats in the so called "Gang of Six," a group of bipartisan senators on the Senate Finance Committee which is the last panel yet to release its bill, began moving quickly to close the loophole that Wilson helped bring greater attention to.

Rep. Wilson Outburst Leads Senate Dems to Close Loophole in Health Reform Bill - Political News - FOXNews.com

On a side note, does anyone else find it morbid that Republicans are willing to throw $200,000.00 at this asshat who showed a complete lack of respect for the POTUS by calling him a liar, yet refuse any and all options that MIGHT require them to pay a little more to provde health insurance for those less fortunate than themselves??

You do realize that conservative are far more charitable than liberals. I myself have contributed over 40 grand last year to various charities, not to mention hundreds of hours of my time volunteering.

I volunteered at the Jane Addams center for more than 15 years until I just couldn't do it any more, got too old. It helps people but you don't have to listen to voodoo or some religious crap.

They tore it down. Put an exercise palace there. Heard it was owned by a Republican who didn't like the homeless that came to the food pantry so he was really glad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apples and oranges. Illegals wouldn't be formally covered. But if a parent brought a child to the emergency room for an emergency, then they would be fully covered.

Unless, Republicans are there to deny care. Could they even do that? To a parent? A parent who would have to watch their child die?

Apples and oranges. Illegals wouldn't be formally covered. But if a parent brought a child to the emergency room for an emergency, then they would be fully covered.

Unless, Republicans are there to deny care. Could they even do that? To a parent? A parent who would have to watch their child die?

SURE they could. They have NO problems sending our children off to fight and die in foreign countries for no reason. They have killed people who don't agree with their points of view, like doctors, security guards at the Holocaust Museum, preachers, etc. This would be NOTHING for them...

c'mon yank - not EVERY Republican is that way - replace that with Radical Right and I'm on board with you. (Unfortunatlery for the GOP, the radical right has chained themselves around their party's neck)

I love it. The plan says no money to illegal immagrants, but does nothing to stop them from going to the emergency room with an injured child. Defiant Wilson doesn't like that.

Can Republicans tell an a parent, "Sorry, the kid will just have to die."

Guess so.

you are a dishonest fuck. and a liar to boot. we already provide emergency treatment and do not let the "die" what we are talking about is a lifelong entitlement to full coverage medical care on the backs of the American Taxpayer.

dishonest fuckery at it's finest. kudos.

c'mon yank - not EVERY Republican is that way - replace that with Radical Right and I'm on board with you. (Unfortunatlery for the GOP, the radical right has chained themselves around their party's neck)

You are right nodog....how about if I said "the base" of the Republican party?

dishonest fuckery at it's finest. kudos.

At least I had facts. You just have name calling.

Just "saying" something doesn't make it true. For instance, if someone said, "God shimmered people into being from a pile of dirt", that doesn't make it true. Even if lots of people believed it, still doesn't make it true. We know the truth.

omg -- it was intentionally ambiguously worded.

No, it wasn't.

They were hoping no one would read it and understand it and it would go through and low and behold, Ezekiel Emanuel would get to implement his rationing shit.

That's completely false. Emanuel hasn't proposed "rationing shit" and if you want to get into his stance on euthanasia, he wrote a pretty well-known column about a decade ago opposing physician-assisted suicide.

Had they simplified it to merely reimburse the docs, thus removing the 'death panel' bits, it wouldn't have yielded the results they wanted so they pulled it as a <cough, cough> "gesture of compromise". They got caught trying to pull a fast one. :rolleyes:

Rewording to it to say what is already said wouldn't have gotten the results they wanted? Do you even think before you speak?

Forum List

Back