Deep thoughts while Camping

Camping
I came to a realization this weekend while camping under the stars at kickapoo. Some of the most simple and natural things in life are the most enjoyable. I doubt many politicians go camping or speak to many that do. I doubt many spend any real time outdoors. I suggest this is the reason that Chuck Shumer and his buddies on the Hill don't think americans really care about pork. He hasn't spent much time with many real americans. Only the ones who wish to benefit from the pork.

I believe another reason for this lack of understanding is that career politicians are
always simply doing whatever is necessary to get re-elected. This constant bid for re-election puts them into postion to dote upon those who provide funding while ignoring real americans. This in my opinion is one of the largest problems with our current system of government.

True funding reform and term limits for congress seem to be two areas of our current system that could only improve matters. Individuals who wish nothing more than to be in a postion to make policy are the last people who should be trusted with the responsibility. Only persons who will reside and work with others who must live with those policies are best suited for the task.

The founding fathers created possibly the greatest system of government imaginable. A system of government were the people truly have the power. A system with a Federal government only as strong as necessary to keep us safe from foreign danger. We have let it morph into something much like the systems found overseas. Systems which have failed.

The fathers never imagined that a free people would willingly move towards a system with less freedom. A system much like the one the original colonies fled from. A system with a direction if not changed will only lead to history repeating itself once more. I'm not a political scientist but I venture to guess that the situations going on right now will be viewed by future historians as a turning point in the american experiment.

(It's amazing what thoughts can be stimulated with a little fresh air, clear sky and a camp fire.)

Absolutely. I spend alot of time Backpacking in the Yosemite High Country. There is nothing like it. ~BH

I have not had the pleasure as of yet.

I opened this wondering what great thoughts the fresh air brought, only to read an enormous pile of partisan idiocy. If fresh air does that to you you need to stay indoors. Damn the righties won't even support the government's effort to preserve a damn thing, especially fresh air. It was Teddy and Franklin Roosevelt and others who created the national parks. If not for that, walmart, garbage dumps, oil rigs, coal caverns, and trailer parks as far as the eye could see.

If your children are still of an age, camping is the greatest experience. Hiking some of the small mountains, driving between camp sites for only a few hours, Yellowstone, Montana's route 212 which Charles Kuralt called the most beautiful road in America, New England, Nova Scotia, PEI, Bar harbor, even Newfoundland. And if you still have any thoughts of politics wash your brain out with soap or at least [ame=http://www.amazon.com/John-Muir-Writings-Mountains-California/dp/1883011248/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257894968&sr=1-3]Amazon.com: John Muir : Nature Writings: The Story of My Boyhood and Youth; My First Summer in the Sierra; The Mountains of California; Stickeen; Essays (Library of America) (9781883011246): John Muir, William Cronon: Books[/ame]

US Route 212, Montana & Wyoming

The last time I went to the woods,

deliverance_banjo.jpg

Then I met his friend...He said something about a purty mouth..

deliverance+mighty+purty+mouth.jpeg

Hey OP, since republicans are the only ones to go campbing, well............

Last edited:

deliverance_banjo.jpg

Should have figured, you prefer the cold soulless and lonely steel constructs to the warmth and purity of nature. Could have called that one a mile away. ;) Tell you what ... stay in your towers of concrete and steel ... and keep the rest of the neolibs with you ... and leave the real world to the rest of us ... we'll all be a little happier.

When I was young, we were Mormon raised BTW, we went on camping trips a lot, the church had it's own ranch with cabins, fishing hole, river, swimming pond, and even a marsh and tent grounds. My father always wanted to use the tent, my brother was too "prissy" to sleep on the damned floor (and he wanted to be an athlete :lol:) ... anyhow, late at night, while the fire was dying, if I didn't feel like sleeping my father would pull out the tackle box, we'd tie us on some flies (which he made) and head out to the river which was closed to fishing in the day time due to rafters and swimmers. We'd widdle the night away casting in silence, just thinking to ourselves. He a mechanic macho man from Colorado, me a geek girl who just loved the ranch life ... we rarely spoke more than a few words ... but I still tear up missing those beautiful nights when all life was innocent, balanced, and perfect ...

deliverance_banjo.jpg

Should have figured, you prefer the cold soulless and lonely steel constructs to the warmth and purity of nature. Could have called that one a mile away. ;) Tell you what ... stay in your towers of concrete and steel ... and keep the rest of the neolibs with you ... and leave the real world to the rest of us ... we'll all be a little happier.

So when I go to Sonoma, Glamis (Quads of course), Buckskin Mountain state park, Cattail Cove State Park, hell even Lake Havasu, I should feel out of place?

:lol:

deliverance_banjo.jpg

So when I go to Sonoma, Glamis (Quads of course), Buckskin Mountain state park, Cattail Cove State Park, hell even Lake Havasu, I should feel out of place?

Not really. Legend has it that there are Sasquatches everywhere.

Last edited:

deliverance_banjo.jpg

:eusa_eh: That's the wild to you? Really? Try "middle of nowhere in Tucson" or "some forest no one minds you camping in Colorado" ... or better "some marsh in Louisiana" ... how about "bumfuck Arkansas" ... that's wild, not some state park where a commodity like a shower is 20 feet from your tent, and if your tent has wheels ... don't ever fucking bother replying to me again.

:eusa_eh: That's the wild to you? Really? Try "middle of nowhere in Tucson" or "some forest no one minds you camping in Colorado" ... or better "some marsh in Louisiana" ... how about "bumfuck Arkansas" ... that's wild, not some state park where a commodity like a shower is 20 feet from your tent, and if your tent has wheels ... don't ever fucking bother replying to me again.

Fair enough...Mormon...Now get your damn magic underwear and camp camp camp.

EX-Mormon .. or did you miss that, I'm a fucking pagan now ... thanks to my atheist father ... but of course since your reading comprehension is so fucking low you have to fuck up a good thread it's no wonder you missed all that, asshole. Go get lost in "Lake Havasu" :lol: I know you can, even though the parking lot is never more than a mile from where-ever you stand. :rofl: My father took advantage of the only good thing about being in that christian religion ... free fishing. Do you even know how to cast with a fly rod? Do you know how to wind your own flies? How about worms, or are those to "slimy" for your sissy-fucked-ass? Tell me ... Mr. Zona ... do you know the difference between poison ivy and a stinging nettle? Can you track a deer without spooking it? Do you know how to cut a rabbit up without poisoning yourself? No, you're like all the environuts and Obuttfuck, you preach a lot of shit, but have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

EX-Mormon .. or did you miss that, I'm a fucking pagan now ... thanks to my atheist father ... but of course since your reading comprehension is so fucking low you have to fuck up a good thread it's no wonder you missed all that, asshole. Go get lost in "Lake Havasu" :lol: I know you can, even though the parking lot is never more than a mile from where-ever you stand. :rofl: My father took advantage of the only good thing about being in that christian religion ... free fishing. Do you even know how to cast with a fly rod? Do you know how to wind your own flies? How about worms, or are those to "slimy" for your sissy-fucked-ass? Tell me ... Mr. Zona ... do you know the difference between poison ivy and a stinging nettle? Can you track a deer without spooking it? Do you know how to cut a rabbit up without poisoning yourself? No, you're like all the environuts and Obuttfuck, you preach a lot of shit, but have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Mormon. :eusa_shhh:

I opened this wondering what great thoughts the fresh air brought, only to read an enormous pile of partisan idiocy. If fresh air does that to you you need to stay indoors. Damn the righties won't even support the government's effort to preserve a damn thing, especially fresh air. It was Teddy and Franklin Roosevelt and others who created the national parks. If not for that, walmart, garbage dumps, oil rigs, coal caverns, and trailer parks as far as the eye could see.

If your children are still of an age, camping is the greatest experience. Hiking some of the small mountains, driving between camp sites for only a few hours, Yellowstone, Montana's route 212 which Charles Kuralt called the most beautiful road in America, New England, Nova Scotia, PEI, Bar harbor, even Newfoundland. And if you still have any thoughts of politics wash your brain out with soap or at least Amazon.com: John Muir : Nature Writings: The Story of My Boyhood and Youth; My First Summer in the Sierra; The Mountains of California; Stickeen; Essays (Library of America) (9781883011246): John Muir, William Cronon: Books

Sure FDR gave us the parks, and that might be the only dam thing he did worth a darn. He also extended the Deppresion and created a Social Security System that would bankrupt itself all the while destroying freedom where ever he found it. I see you like Obama so much, you have the family as your avatar. Don't wear your feeling on your sleve or anything! I'm sure you still have the Hope and Change bumper sticker on your hybrid and you pray to the messiah before you take each and evey bite out of your veggie burger.

I think our politicians need to start following our demands not leading us into tyranny. If you disagree, the heck with you. If you think your side has more real support than we'll duke it out at the polls.

Cheers,

If your children are still of an age, camping is the greatest experience. Hiking some of the small mountains, driving between camp sites for only a few hours, Yellowstone, Montana's route 212 which Charles Kuralt called the most beautiful road in America, New England, Nova Scotia, PEI, Bar harbor, even Newfoundland. And if you still have any thoughts of politics wash your brain out with soap or at least Amazon.com: John Muir : Nature Writings: The Story of My Boyhood and Youth; My First Summer in the Sierra; The Mountains of California; Stickeen; Essays (Library of America) (9781883011246): John Muir, William Cronon: Books

Sure FDR gave us the parks, and that might be the only dam thing he did worth a darn. He also extended the Deppresion and created a Social Security System that would bankrupt itself all the while destroying freedom where ever he found it. I see you like Obama so much, you have the family as your avatar. Don't wear your feeling on your sleve or anything! I'm sure you still have the Hope and Change bumper sticker on your hybrid and you pray to the messiah before you take each and evey bite out of your veggie burger.

I think our politicians need to start following our demands not leading us into tyranny. If you disagree, the heck with you. If you think your side has more real support than we'll duke it out at the polls.

Cheers,

:eusa_eh: Why all the foul language? /sarcasm

:cool: Anyhoo ... the method of "protecting" nature has become "conform nature to fit our wants so we can publicize it" ... sad but true, politicians see nature as a campaign tool, thus the "parks". Notice that the wild areas are being ruined the more parks they make?

Hey, worm boy mormon, who cares if you can go live off the land. Your proud of this and this somehow makes you look down on someone else?

Big freakin woop, you can field dress a moose. :lol: You can kill bambi and eat it. Wow. Seriously....WOW!

LOL

Hey, worm boy mormon, who cares if you can go live off the land. Your proud of this and this somehow makes you look down on someone else?

Big freakin woop, you can field dress a moose. :lol: You can kill bambi and eat it. Wow. Seriously....WOW!

LOL

Dig your hole deeper, moron. Then do us all a favor and lay in it. I look down on you because you're an idiot.

LOL

Dig your hole deeper, moron. Then do us all a favor and lay in it. I look down on you because you're an idiot.

At least I am not a fishin, huntin, killin, skinnin mormon. LOL

LOL

At least I am not a fishin, huntin, killin, skinnin mormon. LOL

You are right ... I do know my worms ... and you are a night crawler just waiting to be skewered by a hook.

Sure FDR gave us the parks, and that might be the only dam thing he did worth a darn. He also extended the Deppresion and created a Social Security System that would bankrupt itself all the while destroying freedom where ever he found it. I see you like Obama so much, you have the family as your avatar. Don't wear your feeling on your sleve or anything! I'm sure you still have the Hope and Change bumper sticker on your hybrid and you pray to the messiah before you take each and evey bite out of your veggie burger....

You assume way too much - think on your own - and Social Security is one of the best things done in America in the last century, just behind another three initial president, LBJ's equal rights initiative. Now tell me something a conservative president did in the last century that can hold a candle to these actions?

Sure FDR gave us the parks, and that might be the only dam thing he did worth a darn. He also extended the Deppresion and created a Social Security System that would bankrupt itself all the while destroying freedom where ever he found it. I see you like Obama so much, you have the family as your avatar. Don't wear your feeling on your sleve or anything! I'm sure you still have the Hope and Change bumper sticker on your hybrid and you pray to the messiah before you take each and evey bite out of your veggie burger....

You assume way too much - think on your own - and Social Security is one of the best things done in America in the last century, just behind another three initial president, LBJ's equal rights initiative. Now tell me something a conservative president did in the last century that can hold a candle to these actions?

Did more before Breakfast on a Sunday afternoon than Any Liberal I've ever seen or heard about. :cool:

Really though stoped the spread of Communism, Ended the Cold the War, Fall of the Berlin Wall. Reaganomics proved to work, then the Liberals tore it appart and now look were we are.

If you think SS is so great, hey you live on it then. If there's anything left when you need it.

Back to the point this is not about who's favorite president is best, It's about freedom and preserving the United States of America, the strongest most powerful nation on earth.

Forum List

Back