Anyone know what this is?

tigerbob

Increasingly jaded.
Oct 27, 2007
Michigan
Yes I know it's a lizard. What kind? It's about 4" long and comes out every morning, sits on the wall next to me (I'm in Marathon in the Florida Keys at present), bobs it's head a few times and then does this weird thing with its neck. I know the head bobbing and displaying are to attract a mate, but I'd love to know a bit more about it. Saw it grab a bug this morning - really cool (except for the bug of course). Any ideas?

DSCN1121.jpg

Oh, and this frog as well (top left of picture, sitting halfway up a stalk (keeping its eye on the corn snake below). These two delightful neighbors only show up at night. Frog is very friendly, snake keeps himself to himself. Any ideas what frog it is (or toad)?

DSCN1324.jpg

Possibly, but that would totally suck.

Wait, what are we talking about? :eusa_eh:

He's so cool.
Cool? Dude, you're gonna kill him! Quick, throw him in the oven to warm him up!

Uh-oh...

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dy6uLfermPU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dy6uLfermPU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I have no idea why it's embedded that twice.

Tigerbob, I'm pretty sure it's a Green Anole - also known as the American Chameleon as it can change colour from green to brown, depending on its surroundings.

Tigerbob, I'm pretty sure it's a Green Anole - also known as the American Chameleon as it can change colour from green to brown, depending on its surroundings.

the hubby agrees with you that it's a Green Anole, but never heard it called an American Chameleon before (though he also says it might well be called that, too).

the hubby agrees with you that it's a Green Anole, but never heard it called an American Chameleon before (though he also says it might well be called that, too).

Google has a couple listings as American Chameleon, but Anole seems to be favorite. That said, it looks more like a brown Anole. Not sure if they are the same. Anyway, it's an Anole of one color or another. Well done USMB Mensa members. :clap2:

Now, about the frog.....

Forum List

Back