Decided To Join Today

navy_vet

Rookie
Nov 12, 2013
Hello all,
I've been lurking and reading here for a while now, and just decided to join today. Bear with me, I think this is why.

Went to a wedding this weekend - plenty of our friends there and we had a good time, but I have a hard time talking with them anymore. I like sports as much as the anyone, but it seems to consume their life and they won't have a serious conversation on any other subject despite me trying to change the subject many times.

There are important, life changing issues at all around us and all they want to discuss latest sports scores, trades, etc. As I said, I like sports too, but I can't find anyone to discuss politics or other serious subjects anymore, so I'm hoping to learn and participate here.

I respect everyone's right to their opinion and look forward to intelligent discussions and exchanging of ideas.

Thanks for reading...

Navy_Vet

Welcome to USMB, navy_vet...:)

97558845216957ccaa71.gif

There are important, life changing issues at all around us and all they want to discuss latest sports scores, trades, etc. As I said, I like sports too, but I can't find anyone to discuss politics or other serious subjects anymore, so I'm hoping to learn and participate here.

Welcome.

Hello all,
I've been lurking and reading here for a while now, and just decided to join today. Bear with me, I think this is why.

Went to a wedding this weekend - plenty of our friends there and we had a good time, but I have a hard time talking with them anymore. I like sports as much as the anyone, but it seems to consume their life and they won't have a serious conversation on any other subject despite me trying to change the subject many times.

I respect everyone's right to their opinion and look forward to intelligent discussions and exchanging of ideas.

Thanks for reading...

Navy_Vet
Welcome to USMB, Navy_Vet. Hope you enjoy the boards.

And thank you for your service to America! :)

Forum List

Back