Debt Deal: Brace for massive spending cuts

I don't think they will do it.
I think if anything - both sides have agreed to give a little to each other and delay, delay and delay.
In other words - small and meaningless tax hikes - and spending cuts that will sound big but be spread out over 10 years and not truly address the problem so we will be dealing with it again in only a few years.

Sorry - I cast a vote of no confidence with either of these two.

It is terribly sad when the health of the "political party" overrides the well being of the country.

And yet YOU support just that with the Democrats. We must have cuts and they absolutely refuse to give any meaningful cuts.

You are aware that the House passed Budget bills and the Senate simply refused to send any to committee? Right?

As I said, Obama takes what the Reps give him or he defaults on the country. Good for the Reps if they do big huge cuts, if not, figures. We'll just have to see though.

And when those huge cuts come you and the rest of the dumb brainwashed rightwing shatheads will be crying how the government is oppressing you.

As I said, Obama takes what the Reps give him or he defaults on the country. Good for the Reps if they do big huge cuts, if not, figures. We'll just have to see though.

And when those huge cuts come you and the rest of the dumb brainwashed rightwing shatheads will be crying how the government is oppressing you.

If there's less government how can it be oppressing us?

Weren't you leaving?

Well, lets see. Most of the cuts will affect the indigent, the poor, and the needy. I expect rich folks won't care, huh?

Yeah right. Oh those indigent federal workers, poor union bosses, and needy patronage hogs! Inhuman, I say.

Link?

Same place your fantasy came from. There will be no, zero, impact on needy people because there is so much waste and duplication.

What do I call $1T in budget cuts? A good start.
Obama raised the budget by $1T with TARP continuation, ARRA, Cash for Clunkers. Cash for Caulkers, Cash for Unions Workers etc.
Getting it back to something resembling reality sounds pretty good to me.

This deficit is not all Obama's. There has been years of abuse by both parties. Like the war in Iraq that wasn't necessary. This deficit has been years in the making and it will take years to address.
Raising taxes in a recession is a baddd idea.
....At least, that's the mantra for.....

6a0105349ca980970c01287560e661970c-800wi

If there's less government how can it be oppressing us?

Weren't you leaving?

Leaving? C'mon, he's so full of shat.

What huge cuts ? This "Deal" is nothing more then career politicians trying to get away with doing as little as possible. Only the stupid and lazy will fall for it.

The GOPers will cave first.

No, Get ready for Obama to fold like a tent when it comes to getting realistic revenue increases to go along with spending cuts

Yep. Cuz that's what he does. No sarcasm, seriously. Obama has tried the reasonable move towards the middle via concessions and it's been a political windfall for conservatives.

Like Lucy and Charlie Brown, the football moves right when BO kicks the ball.

This is one of the many reasons why I'm pissed at Barry O, and probably won't vote for him. In fact, the only person I'll vote for at this point is Ron Paul. That ought to say something about how fed up I am.

Barack had a mandate on the way in...then to seem like he wasn't a RamRod, he started conceding things. Terrible move. He should have had the bawls to do what he said he was going to do.

The GOPers will cave first.

No, Get ready for Obama to fold like a tent when it comes to getting realistic revenue increases to go along with spending cuts

Yep. Cuz that's what he does. No sarcasm, seriously. Obama has tried the reasonable move towards the middle via concessions and it's been a political windfall for conservatives.

Like Lucy and Charlie Brown, the football moves right when BO kicks the ball.

This is one of the many reasons why I'm pissed at Barry O, and probably won't vote for him. In fact, the only person I'll vote for at this point is Ron Paul. That ought to say something about how fed up I am.

Barack had a mandate on the way in...then to seem like he wasn't a RamRod, he started conceding things. Terrible move. He should have had the bawls to do what he said he was going to do.
Are you lying or intentionally stupid?
Which "reasonable concessions" did he ever make to conservatives? For that matter, which conservatives did he talk to his first 2 years in office?

Doesn't matter what Obama has caused or hasn't caused. He's the President right now. The Buck stops at him.

When are you people going to understand that he needs to take responsibility and show some leadership and can't keep blaming the problems on others.

They will give him that if the economy turns around and gets better. Until then, it is someone else's fault.

Forum List

Back